PDA

View Full Version : Aussie series - 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'

Neil
30-May-2008, 10:05 AM
Jesus! It ran for nearly 700 episodes! That's VERY impressive given its scope/scale...

GRMonLI
30-May-2008, 02:04 PM
I loved watching it!

Is it on DVD yet?

capncnut
30-May-2008, 06:46 PM
I am a big fan of the show and I wish they would release season box sets. I got the triple disc 'greatest hits' so to speak, but it doesn't really show you the best the series had to offer (apart from the gripping finale: "Fer-gu-son! Fer-gu-son!".

In Aussieland there's a fortnightly magazine dedicated to the show which has a free DVD with three episodes on. It's been going since like 2004 or something and it still ain't finished.

EvilNed
31-May-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh god. That series is so awful! Haha, It used to air on real late television around here. Haha. It's so cheesy it's... I don't know.

Tricky
31-May-2008, 03:08 PM
fighting over who's "top dog" :lol:

Mike70
31-May-2008, 04:27 PM
never heard of it before. i looked it up at tv.com and man does it sound corny and melodramatic. soap operas = :hurl:

capncnut
31-May-2008, 06:46 PM
D_zyKXmBsj0

:lol:

Legion2213
01-Jun-2008, 01:01 AM
This always used to be on when I rolled in to my mums house all stoned and stuff (dead late, after midnight), I loved the wobly sets and Bea Smith threatening to throw folks onto her press or "bash" them if they didn't acknowledge that she was "top dog" :D

Loads of Aussie soap stars were in it, Alf "flamin' 'ell" Stewart from Home and Away, Harold Bishop from Nieghbours etc. Great stuff! It was part of the Aussie soap invasion that took place in the late eighties. :cool: