PDA

View Full Version : Diary commentary and George's new flame

TheGovernor
30-May-2008, 08:14 PM
Anyone else notice on the Diary commentary Romero mentions his girlfriend Suzanne and something about her doing some of the voiceovers.

I'd heard rumors on the 'net that he and his wife Christine were separated, but I thought they were still married. Maybe they're still together and he just has a lady on the side.

I met Christine at the Zombie Jamboree/NOTLD 25th Anniversary and she was way cool.

Dead Hoosier
30-May-2008, 09:51 PM
Outside of Dawn, I have never been able to watch a film w/commentary without being bored to absolute tears. Diary was no exception...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yojimbo
31-May-2008, 12:33 AM
I said it before, but I kind of find it sad that George and Christine are separated! None of my business, of course, just find it sad.

TheGovernor
31-May-2008, 03:00 AM
I said it before, but I kind of find it sad that George and Christine are separated! None of my business, of course, just find it sad.

I agree, it is sad.

What is strange, however, is that he and Christine are both listed as Executive Producers for "George Romero's Deadtime Stories." At least that's what's listed on IMDB and was reported in the Pittsburgh paper.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07331/836940-42.stm

AcesandEights
02-Jun-2008, 12:08 AM
Maybe they're still together and he just has a lady on the side.

Well, that would be very European of 'ol George ;)

TheGovernor
02-Jun-2008, 03:14 AM
Well, that would be very European of 'ol George ;)

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. It's worked for every French president.

Skippy911sc
02-Jun-2008, 01:36 PM
Outside of Dawn, I have never been able to watch a film w/commentary without being bored to absolute tears. Diary was no exception...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I clean Guns while listening to the commentary...find a hobby and do that during the commentary ;)

jim102016
02-Jun-2008, 04:32 PM
I clean Guns while listening to the commentary...find a hobby and do that during the commentary ;)

I'd just sooner turn the commentary off or I might be tempted to use one of the pistols on myself.

Yojimbo
07-Jun-2008, 07:44 PM
I occasionally pop a DVD into my desktop while at my desk at work and have listened to the commentary while doing my daily work routine. Like listening to music in the backgound or talk radio while filling out mundane paperwork, it helps pass the time.

Minerva_Zombi
07-Jun-2008, 07:49 PM
I love audio commentaries. Its like watching the movie with the people. Its great. I love DVD period. Thank God for DVD. Half of what I know about film making came from Commentaries, Featurettes, Documentaries, etc. Thank God VHS is obsolete. lol

acealive1
08-Jun-2008, 11:29 PM
I'd just sooner turn the commentary off or I might be tempted to use one of the pistols on myself.

:lol::lol::lol:

Skippy911sc
09-Jun-2008, 03:15 PM
They did seem to be much more juvenile in their discussion of the film...as if it was a big joke or something. It made me feel bad that so many people care for a specific genre and one of the men behind it feels the way he does. Just my opinion of what I gathered from watching the flick with the commentaries turned on.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jul-2008, 10:57 AM

+1 :lol::lol::lol:

I have listened to some boring commentaries, like Roger Avary's commentary for Day of the Dead, man, what a snooze fest. However, as a filmmaker I like to do commentary on the film. However, in the only commentary I have done so far, I spent more time talking about how to do things on a low budget, then the film itself.