PDA

View Full Version : Danny's movie roundup 2

Danny
31-May-2008, 04:52 AM
been a watchin' moovies again.

1: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull - Right off the bat this has replaced the last crusade as my favourite indy movie, make of that what you will. so i went in expecting an action adventure on par with maybe jurassic park 3 but really its right up there with any other indy flick, regardless of personal tastes its just a far better movie than temple of doom.
Story wise its pretty good, not what youd expect form all the spiolers and the only time i rolled my eyes was the bit were indy finds the treasure and then leaves the place he found it to find the bad guys pointing guns at him FOR THE FOURTH MOVIE IN A ROW. just one gripe, but still you know, i know the saying is if it aint broke dont fix it but damn, THE SAME KEY PLOT POINT FOR FOUR ****ING MOVIES IN A ROW?!?
the effects were great, it actually used some non cgi effects were possible, not as much as they could, r should have but still nice to see lucas didnt go all attack of the clones on this movie.
Overall i cant say much without plot spoilers, however it does have major pacing issues, if two events occur at the same time and it cuts between the two its like the off screen event remains paused whilst the on screen action occurs, but i laughed, punched a few times when indy did and hummed along to the theme, what more do you want form an indy movie?
i left phantom menace throughly and bitterly dissapointed wishing lucas would give up filmmaking, this is a total flipside and i would love to see a 5th indy movie.
10/10 a great movie from start to finish.

2: Harold and Kumar - escape from Guantanamo bay - they are in the titular cuban prison for the best part of 10 minutes, the rest is another retarded road trip movie like the original, more of the same, but in my opinion much more funny.
It has bush getting high,harold and kumar kkk keg parties, inbred cyclops...esseses, and jew gold to name a few of the jokes.
retarded but funny, not american pie 2 laugh out loud but still a solid 8/10

3: Waking Life - by the creator of slacker and dazed and confused....man, how do i explain this one?,
the dude later made a scanner darkly and its shot kinda the same but more trippy, thought provoking, glaringly pretentious but a must watch movie for anyone who sees the medium as an art form.
for anyone else however, a total snorefest, 7/10

4:heroes season 2 finale - AM I HIGH OR DID ,RIGHT AFTER THE WRITERS STRIKE, THE IRISH WOMAN....I DUNNO, KAITLIN?, GET COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN AND LEFT OUT THE SERIES?

...4 isnt a review but still.