PDA

View Full Version : HPotD Xbox Leaderboard

Andy
01-Jun-2008, 01:07 PM
Ive added in a xbox leaderboard (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/gxboxlive.php) function, which you can access through the button on the bar at the top of any page.

Using the new leaderboard you can now compare who has the highest score (obviously), what games other people are playing indivdually AND the most played games by members here, you can also send messages or add friends on xbox live directly from this site too.

You must go to edit options in your user cp (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/profile.php?do=editoptions), and scroll down to misc options and enter your xbox live gamertag where required to be entered into this leaderboard, doing this will also display your gamercard in your profile, members who have already done this (before the upgrade a few weeks ago) do not need to do it again and are already on.

p2501
01-Jun-2008, 10:55 PM
heh, very cool.

thanks.

Exatreides
29-Nov-2008, 06:21 PM
Damn Andy, your holding the 9 spot by 6 gamer points!

SymphonicX
03-Dec-2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry I just pushed Andy off 9th place and claimed it for myself :)

3pidemiC
04-Dec-2008, 04:45 AM
Dead last. But for how long?

Cody
05-Dec-2008, 01:52 AM
How long does this feature take to update after achievments are gotten? its been like 3 hours since I got achievements and its showing no change.

SymphonicX
28-Dec-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm but ten points away from the 8th position on this leaderboard....sorry DtoThe3!!!!!

Dtothe3
28-Dec-2008, 08:56 PM
No worries dude, i'll take my harddrive over to my mates and get it updated, tomorrow ill spend my time achievement hunting :D I have to wait in for a washing machine on the 30th as well, perfect :P

SymphonicX
31-Dec-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm at 11400 now...taking 8th place away from ya mate...and barely a few scores from taking 7th spot :)

Also I've got these games which I havent' really started getting into yet: MIrror's Edge, Endwar, Dead Space, and Force Unleashed...and still racking them up with Web of Shadows too....so potentially 5000 gp more to add to the fold, but realistically probably closer to 1000...

Danny
31-Dec-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm at 11400 now...taking 8th place away from ya mate...and barely a few scores from taking 7th spot :)

Also I've got these games which I havent' really started getting into yet: MIrror's Edge, Endwar, Dead Space, and Force Unleashed...and still racking them up with Web of Shadows too....so potentially 5000 gp more to add to the fold, but realistically probably closer to 1000...

i just get em as i play, ive got about 39,000 gp to get from games i own still.

Andy
01-Jan-2009, 04:05 PM
i just get em as i play, ive got about 39,000 gp to get from games i own still.
Yeah i just get them as i play, dont really worry about getting them too much.

Dtothe3
02-Jan-2009, 10:55 AM
I have to wait in for a washing machine on the 30th as well, perfect :P

I accidentally didn't go to sleep on the night of the 29th, spent the entire night on Fallout 3, and was still going when the guys from Currys turned up.

Nice, although I had a niggle with mirrors egde. No matter what you do, your own death looks the same, which is infuriating to me. Dead Space I'm planning on borrowing from my mate, along with Force Unleashed. I'm waiting on Farcry 2 to turn up.

I double checked my score, I thought it was 121--, it's actually 112--, so well done, you got me, but just remember, things in the rear-view mirror are closer then they appear :P

Exatreides
02-Jan-2009, 12:13 PM
Andy shot out ahead of me to a few hundred point lead last week..

Now I'm only 70 short.

Onward!

Dtothe3
08-Jan-2009, 03:00 AM
The competition has got good to me.

Symphonix, you're only an achievement away, once the missus is back in B'ham, you will need to work hard to stay out in front :P I haven't even opened Farcry 2 yet, and I haven't got the 75 combo kills from Assassins Creed, all High Towers, Lucy nor the Full DNA Bar achievements. This could get interesting :D

Danny
15-Jan-2009, 02:56 PM
only a hundred points to go for number 1!

slickwilly13
15-Jan-2009, 03:14 PM
I am very close to taking the number 5 spot.

Dtothe3
18-Jan-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok i've hit the 12g bar, am most of the way to grabbing 7th slot. After a long session on Farcry 2, which has certainly grabbed my attention for possible game of the year 08.

Still hunting mind, it's gotten real good to me :D

Danny
23-Jan-2009, 01:56 AM
first place bitches, come and get me!

CoinReturn
29-Jan-2009, 08:07 PM
I have a feeling me and hells are gonna be neck and neck 'till the end of 360's run.

Danny
29-Jan-2009, 09:27 PM
your forgetting im still immersed in the latest wow expansion, i've got 8 games still shrink wrapped dude!

darth los
10-Feb-2009, 02:06 PM
anybody have some suggestions on some easy achievment points i could rack up? :confused:

:cool:

Danny
10-Feb-2009, 02:13 PM
anybody have some suggestions on some easy achievment points i could rack up? :confused:

thats about as uncool as someone whos got avatar on there list....

i actually had an argument with my freinds 13 year old cousin about this, he walked in when i was playing prince of persia and asked "that looks cool, how easy is it to raise my gamerscore?"

i said "im not telling since your supposed to enjoy the game for what it is, what did you do back in the day with mario sunshine or wind waker?"

and he goes "yeah, but thats not the point of playing games now"

jesus.:rolleyes:

mista_mo
10-Feb-2009, 02:21 PM
i want a huge gamerscore as well

someone sell me some gamer scores pls. will pay with sex.

darth los
10-Feb-2009, 05:13 PM
thats about as uncool as someone whos got avatar on there list....

i actually had an argument with my freinds 13 year old cousin about this, he walked in when i was playing prince of persia and asked "that looks cool, how easy is it to raise my gamerscore?"

i said "im not telling since your supposed to enjoy the game for what it is, what did you do back in the day with mario sunshine or wind waker?"

and he goes "yeah, but thats not the point of playing games now"

jesus.:rolleyes:

Sorry to offend you hells, but if it was COMPLETELY insignificant we wouldn't keep rankings on here now would we? So no matter what anyone says, bragging rights are a part of it to some degree.

It's not like i would play a game that i hate soley to get the points but as long as i'm playing i might as well get the highest score possible. To me achievements increase the replay value of a game exponentially. It's pretty much the only reason that i played left for dead for as long as i did.

Also, with those such as yourself and coin return who have 20,000+ gamerscores I can only assume that that were atleast a few achievements that you went into a game actively trying to get otherwise you never would have gotten them. Some of them are nearly impossible to get if you DON'T play the campaign with them in mind.

Thanks anyway though. :)

i want a huge gamerscore as well

someone sell me some gamer scores pls. will pay with sex.

And what exactly is it that you WON'T pay for with sex again? :lol:

Danny
10-Feb-2009, 05:29 PM
nope ive never aimed for any, ive gotten them as i play the game, if i did id be a lot closer to the 89,000 possible ones i could have right now.

darth los
10-Feb-2009, 05:39 PM
nope ive never aimed for any, ive gotten them as i play the game, if i did id be a lot closer to the 89,000 possible ones i could have right now.

:stunned:

That's a hell of alot of points you left on the table dude.

But in any case i don't think any of us play games JUST for the achievements. I'd be just as happy beating a game's ps3 counterpart. But i do enjoy getting them.

CoinReturn
10-Feb-2009, 05:53 PM

http://xs536.xs.to/xs536/09072/derp200.jpg
Then explain that :lol:

What's so wrong about enjoying achievements? They extend the life of a game and give you something to shoot for. Seems like a pretty well implemented feature for a scoring-based hobby, wouldn't you say?

Danny
11-Feb-2009, 06:55 AM
oh that one was easy, i was just driving round the tunnels having a hoot, slowly after though i realized "this is pretty much IT for this game" and got bored with it.
i think if your not aiming for it thats the one that kills dead rising for you.

darth los
11-Feb-2009, 03:30 PM
http://xs536.xs.to/xs536/09072/derp200.jpg
Then explain that :lol:

What's so wrong about enjoying achievements? They extend the life of a game and give you something to shoot for. Seems like a pretty well implemented feature for a scoring-based hobby, wouldn't you say?

oh that one was easy, i was just driving round the tunnels having a hoot, slowly after though i realized "this is pretty much IT for this game" and got bored with it.

That's hilarious guys.

Speaking for myself, I know that there are some achievements that are so frustrating that i just give up pursuing them. Beating the game is enough for me so it's not like I'm totally obsessed with them. But yeah, i do go into a game with a few in mind.

Danny
11-Feb-2009, 04:27 PM

so why andy bothered for the "stay at your tv for days" achievement is beyond this gaming enthusiast.

Dtothe3
23-Mar-2009, 11:53 PM
Easy Achievements;

Saints Row 2 (no difficulty limitations)

Assassins Creed (Mostly just finishing the game achievements)

Fallout 3 (Playing the game achievements)

Dynasty Warriors 5 (I got the 1000pts, and got it for a friend in exchange for achievements at a later date. Worst game ever)

I do enjoy giving the achievements a going over, there is something to be said for it. Although i wouldn't go so far as to use a guide.

darth los
24-Mar-2009, 04:48 PM
Easy Achievements;

Saints Row 2 (no difficulty limitations)

Assassins Creed (Mostly just finishing the game achievements)

Fallout 3 (Playing the game achievements)

Dynasty Warriors 5 (I got the 1000pts, and got it for a friend in exchange for achievements at a later date. Worst game ever)

I do enjoy giving the achievements a going over, there is something to be said for it. Although i wouldn't go so far as to use a guide.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently giving RE 5 a run for the achievements. I'm trying to kill a "zombie" with a rotten egg at the moment. That's No eas task, let me tell you.

I finished assasins creed as well. :)

We should start posting achievement pointers in this thread. It would be extremely helpfull, especially for for those near impossible ones. Just a thought.

Dtothe3
26-Mar-2009, 01:17 AM
If you finished assassins creed then you'll have hated the combo kills, using the arena/training area it will still count any combo kill in training as an actual combo kill. 20 pts for 50 :)

The easiest way to get achievements is to be given a crap game for a birthday or something and just aim to get achievements before you pass it onto another poor sucker (I traded DW5 for The Godfather... Achievement based trade >.>)

slickwilly13
26-Mar-2009, 03:05 AM
I joined the 15,000 club.

MikePizzoff
26-Mar-2009, 08:36 AM
I joined the 15,000 club.

Damn, you work fast!

darth los
26-Mar-2009, 05:59 PM
If you finished assassins creed then you'll have hated the combo kills, using the arena/training area it will still count any combo kill in training as an actual combo kill. 20 pts for 50 :)

The easiest way to get achievements is to be given a crap game for a birthday or something and just aim to get achievements before you pass it onto another poor sucker (I traded DW5 for The Godfather... Achievement based trade >.>)

Shiiiiiiit. That's the only reason I played sneak king dude!! :lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Mar-2009, 01:50 PM
Shiiiiiiit. That's the only reason I played sneak king dude!! :lol:

I own all three Burger King games. I didn't buy them for the gamerscore, either (as you can tell by looking at my profile, I didn't nearly complete any of them).

darth los
27-Mar-2009, 03:32 PM
I own all three Burger King games. I didn't buy them for the gamerscore, either (as you can tell by looking at my profile, I didn't nearly complete any of them).

I got burned on that purchase because I didn't Follow My own Advice: You get what you pay for. That game was cheap and it showed. Do ya think if it was a success that they wouldn't have come out with other ones by now?

Dtothe3
28-Mar-2009, 10:42 AM
I got burned on that purchase because I didn't Follow My own Advice: You get what you pay for. That game was cheap and it showed.

Dunno about that dude. I had a spare fiver and saw a Xbox game (can't remember the name, but it was a side scrolling, two player shooter) for £3.99 at a market. Thought "What the hell" and picked it up. It didn't come out the Xbox for months. Me and my flatmate played it to death.

Sadly I don't think that story will be repeated with the 360. On that note, curse you all! My 360 is on it's second lap of the three red rings in two years :( I cannot play for the time being.

Andy
28-Mar-2009, 01:33 PM
Started playing fable 2 again, very addictive game plus im picking up alot of acheivments on there and ive picked up a few hundred points this last week, plus im very close to owning 2.5 million gold of real estate, which is another 100gp.

darth los
30-Mar-2009, 02:26 PM
Started playing fable 2 again, very addictive game plus im picking up alot of acheivments on there and ive picked up a few hundred points this last week, plus im very close to owning 2.5 million gold of real estate, which is another 100gp.

Those are generally my favorite acheivements, when you can just complete the game normally without worrying about whipping out a rotten egg in the middle of a heated battle and killing a zombie with it. :lol:

Imo, achievements work both ways. Some are natural in your progression through a game and some you have to actually stop everything and go out of your way to get them. I save those for subsequent play throughs.

slickwilly13
26-Apr-2009, 05:46 PM
I hit 16,000 +.

MikePizzoff
27-Apr-2009, 05:05 AM
I hit 16,000 +.

Damn, son! I can remember the [few] day(s) when I had a higher score than you.

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2009, 12:01 AM
i just made it to an even 10k last night:)

CooperWasRight
28-Apr-2009, 12:59 AM
The leader board is a pretty cool feature... Haven't seen other forums really do this before.

ProfessorChaos
28-Apr-2009, 01:03 AM
that's because this is a pretty cool forum, in case you've not noticed...;)

slickwilly13
05-Jul-2009, 04:09 AM
Over 18,000 points now.

CoinReturn
31-Jul-2009, 11:38 PM
Getting close to the 25k mark. Some guy on my friends list has a gamerscore of 110,479, sheesh.

capncnut
01-Aug-2009, 03:34 AM
Getting close to the 25k mark. Some guy on my friends list has a gamerscore of 110,479, sheesh.
Yeah, someone I know has 104 thousand something. Trying to get him on here. ;)

slickwilly13
01-Aug-2009, 06:47 PM
Seriously, how is it possible to gain that many points?

Dtothe3
15-Sep-2009, 11:24 AM

Guides.

darth los
15-Sep-2009, 01:45 PM

Or just playing a whole lot of games. I slack off on my gaming every once and a while but when I'm on it I accumulate points very quickly. Every game has an average of about 500 points you should atleast be getting. In the last month and change i went from 9,000+ points to over 12,000 points.

Also when one has a favorite game they play alot (left 4 dead for me) the points you can get from that game are long done. If you keep popping fresh games in there your gamerscore should rise quickly and steadily. You couldn't stop it even if you wanted to.

my favorite games are those where i can just play through it, enjoy myself and get achievements in the flow of the games. I hate it when you have to do near impossible things like survive a campaign without anyone getting boomed on or no one taking damage from special infected. I mean who the hell is gonna do that? Even on easy those are nearly impossible to do.

slickwilly13
17-Sep-2009, 02:56 PM
Over 19,000 now. Take that Pizz.

darth los
17-Sep-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm coming up pretty fast as well.

I'm coming for all your scores !!

Just fair notice. :D :p

slickwilly13
28-Nov-2009, 06:21 PM
20,000+ pts now.

darth los
01-Dec-2009, 03:14 PM
16,426 and hot on mike's tail !! :sneaky:

Dtothe3
05-Mar-2010, 07:34 AM
Just noticed I've boosted almost 7 grand in a year, and have some games that have barely been started.

I'm finishing;

Farcry 2 (I didn't finish that in the end)

Fallout 3 (Still haven't killed all the behemoths)

Bioshock 2 (My first playthrough is on hard, killed the big sister on my third go with no vitachambers)

Burnout Ultimate Boxset (Just need to find a bit more stuff and complete every event)

Mirrors Edge (Too many good things to play)

Alone in the Dark (I think thats its name, I haven't started it properly yet)

Res Evil 5 (OPro mode needs finishing, stuck on a boss fight against the person who is now a giant green slimy flower looking thing)

/end list.

BTW, If you see Supreme Commander on the cheap, don't get it. Game is bugged to fuck with no patches due ever. The Cunts.

slickwilly13
30-Mar-2010, 04:16 PM
I hit 24,000 last night.

CoinReturn
30-Mar-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm less than 200 from 30,000, Just Cause 2 should put me over the top.

darth los
30-Mar-2010, 05:02 PM
just cracked the 20,000 point mark myself. Good for 9th on our list. :D

ProfessorChaos
29-Jun-2010, 04:13 AM
passed andy, closing in on the pizz and being in the top 10, then all of the sudden i drop off the list...wtf.

i checked my user cp and my gamertag's entered, so i'm kinda wondering what's up...:shifty:

AcesandEights
29-Jun-2010, 02:33 PM
passed andy, closing in on the pizz and being in the top 10, then all of the sudden i drop off the list...wtf.

i checked my user cp and my gamertag's entered, so i'm kinda wondering what's up...:shifty:

It's your avatar. Now your whole account is haunted!

darth los
29-Jun-2010, 03:33 PM
That happened to me once. It was because i hadn't been hooked up to live in a while.

ProfessorChaos
01-Jul-2010, 01:51 AM
still not showing up, and i was just online yesterday. it's a conspiracy...

slickwilly13
01-Jul-2010, 04:53 PM
I have now over 27,000 pts. Reading this, Pizz?

darth los
01-Jul-2010, 05:08 PM

Yeah, I left pizz in the dust a while back too.:lol:

He was ahead of me for a while tho. Step ur game up dude. :p

darth los
03-Jul-2010, 05:18 PM

For some reason my gamerscore isn't updating on this site's leaderboard.

Anyone else having that problem?

MikePizzoff
03-Jul-2010, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I left pizz in the dust a while back too.:lol:

He was ahead of me for a while tho. Step ur game up dude. :p

:rant: Go suck on an egg!

I've been tempted to start buying mass quantities of older/cheap games just so I can catch up, haha.

darth los
06-Jul-2010, 03:41 PM

I've been tempted to start buying mass quantities of older/cheap games just so I can catch up, haha.

That's the only way to go my friend. :D

slickwilly13
06-Jul-2010, 04:21 PM

Gamefly, jabroni, Gamefly.

darth los
06-Jul-2010, 05:57 PM
Gamefly, jabroni, Gamefly.

Anything less would be uncivilized. :D

There's no way I could afford to buy retail every game that i've gotten achievments out of. :shifty:

darth los
09-Jul-2010, 03:00 PM
Anyone have any insight as to why the leaderboards haven't been updated in 2 weeks?

Was that the capn's job? :confused:

ProfessorChaos
09-Jul-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah, no shit. and i've still not heard why i've dropped completely off the leaderboards, even though i'm right behind the pizz and about to take the #10 spot.

slickwilly13
16-Jul-2010, 05:59 AM
Third place by default.

darth los
13-Aug-2010, 07:40 AM
Seriously, are any mods even reading this?

What's up with the leaderboards?

My score is up to 24,521g and it still shows the score from months ago.

Plus some members are absent from the leaderbards completely.

Not cool.

An ex[planation would be greatly appreciated.

If your just not doing it anymore, tooe xpensive that's fine.

Bu please justt let us know what's going on.

Thnx. :)

ProfessorChaos
13-Aug-2010, 10:13 PM
maybe this was one of brett's jobs. another reason this place is on my "WTF is up with this site list" is this leaderboard thing. pm'd andy a while back about it and he said he'd look into it...

slickwilly13
13-Aug-2010, 10:30 PM
2nd place by default. It appears to be working fine. Soon, I shall be number one.

Wrong Number
13-Aug-2010, 11:05 PM
I added mine though I don't play much other than Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising. :) Is there something else I need to do to get it to show up or does it just take time?

darth los
14-Aug-2010, 12:18 AM
maybe this was one of brett's jobs. another reason this place is on my "WTF is up with this site list" is this leaderboard thing. pm'd andy a while back about it and he said he'd look into it...

I speculated as to that as well. Imo, the leaderboards were a cool little feature here. Perhapes they'll grace us with an answer soon...

2nd place by default. It appears to be working fine. Soon, I shall be number one.

And I'm 3rd but who wants it that way?

I added mine though I don't play much other than Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising. :) Is there something else I need to do to get it to show up or does it just take time?

It should update independently but for some reason it hasn't for a couple of months.

CooperWasRight
15-Aug-2010, 05:14 AM
err.... What? I dropped off the leader board yet im in 1st?

darth los
16-Aug-2010, 02:11 PM
err.... What? I dropped off the leader board yet im in 1st?

Not according to our leaderboards!

MUhahahahahahahahaha! :evil:

But yeah, it's frustrating to not have your actual gamerscore reflected on the site.

CooperWasRight
31-Aug-2010, 10:12 AM
So I take it no one is gonna fix this shit let alone provide any sort of answer?

ProfessorChaos
31-Aug-2010, 12:17 PM
was just wondering the same thing last night.

MikePizzoff
31-Aug-2010, 12:19 PM
Seriously, WTF MATE??? I'm about to pass the 20,000 point, yet on here it states I have less than 18,000.

darth los
31-Aug-2010, 01:41 PM
Seriously, WTF MATE??? I'm about to pass the 20,000 point, yet on here it states I have less than 18,000.

was just wondering the same thing last night.

So I take it no one is gonna fix this shit let alone provide any sort of answer?

That's a Bad show by the mods.

Some members here actually like the leaderboards, it's a nice little touch to the site that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Not even answering us on this shows that they really don't care about it.

Has anyone tried Pm'ing them about it?

AcesandEights
31-Aug-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I think Andy said he'd be away from the boards for a little bit. I would guess--and it's only a guess--that your best bet would be to post a question on it in the 'Ask HPOTD Staff' forum if it's not getting attention and it's a legitimate issue.

darth los
31-Aug-2010, 01:57 PM
Thnx budd, I'll try that. ;)

Even if they tell us to fuck off atleast tell us something you know?

Sometimes the worst thing is not knowing the deal with something.

ProfessorChaos
31-Aug-2010, 04:01 PM
i also pm'd andy, and he gave me some answer similar to what aces has said about him being away. but that was over a month ago. wonder if he's that busy with life or the whole "BRING BACK BRETT" hoop-la drove him off. either way, shitty deal about those leaderboards.

darth los
31-Aug-2010, 04:58 PM
i also pm'd andy, and he gave me some answer similar to what aces has said about him being away. but that was over a month ago. wonder if he's that busy with life or the whole "BRING BACK BRETT" hoop-la drove him off. either way, shitty deal about those leaderboards.

I was checking Andy's gamertag on x box live and it says that he hasn't been online in like forever so...

CooperWasRight
01-Sep-2010, 06:24 AM
I was checking Andy's gamertag on x box live and it says that he hasn't been online in like forever so...

Speaking of not being on xbl...Brett hadn't been on xbl in forever until a few days ago... I will have to shot him a message and ask if he was the one keeping up the leaderboards... Though I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to talk anything hpotd related... I never even got a response when I pm'd Andy about the leaderboard... At least most of you are still on... My tag just dropped off the shit.

MikePizzoff
05-Sep-2010, 10:47 AM
Well, I think Andy said he'd be away from the boards for a little bit.

That's not the case, though. On here it says my gamerscore is 17910. In reality it's 19870. I'm not someone who's insanely playing different games and constantly building my gamerscore, so it's not like that 2000 point jump happened in the last few weeks he's been gone.

darth los
07-Sep-2010, 03:41 PM
That's not the case, though. On here it says my gamerscore is 17910. In reality it's 19870. I'm not someone who's insanely playing different games and constantly building my gamerscore, so it's not like that 2000 point jump happened in the last few weeks he's been gone.

That's cool, but for someone like me who has jumped over 5,300 points since the boards stopped being updated it's a real bummer. :(

AcesandEights
07-Sep-2010, 04:11 PM

You misunderstood my point and that is the man seemed to currently be unavailable to do anything about the matter.

darth los
07-Sep-2010, 04:23 PM
You misunderstood my point and that is the man seemed to currently be unavailable to do anything about the matter.

Now that you guys mention it I saw him briefly pop online a couple of days ago.