PDA

View Full Version : 'Wanted' - Looks terrible!

Neil
05-Jun-2008, 11:21 AM
I groaned a couple of times quite loudly during the trailer for it... The absolutely OTT stunts are rediculous...

bassman
05-Jun-2008, 12:05 PM
I think that's kind of the point, dude. Just a popcorn, eye candy, OTT, summer flick.

I most likely won't see it in theater, but it will probably be a good rental for a fun movie night with the buddies...

Neil
05-Jun-2008, 12:15 PM
I think that's kind of the point, dude. Just a popcorn, eye candy, OTT, summer flick.

I most likely won't see it in theater, but it will probably be a good rental for a fun movie night with the buddies...

I just don't get these flicks. If it gets that OTT then it's just utterly disposable...

There was one scene where Angelina Jolie span her car through 360 with the passenger door open to scoop up a man standing in the middle of the road - FFS - What a pile of donkey doo! Why didn't she just flip the car end over end and pull in through a sun roof (just as likely)... Daft daft daft... Dull dull dull...

See 1:13 in the clip...
Z4pWuFv48Zk

bassman
05-Jun-2008, 01:00 PM
It's not everyone's thing, that's for sure. Some people love that unbelievable action stuff. I wouldn't plop down $10 to see it in theater, but I would watch it with some quests at the house. Just something to have playing in the background.

It's got Morgan Freeman. That's a plus. He's the man.

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2008, 01:39 PM
Have you seen anything about the premise, Neil? It's out there because it's source material is wantonly out there. Was the Matrix stunts so out there once you knew the rationale for the things you saw? Granted that's an extreme example, but...*shrug*

I have a far more open-mind about the movie after I did some reading up on it, but I'm still pretty skeptical, myself.

Neil
05-Jun-2008, 02:55 PM
Have you seen anything about the premise, Neil? It's out there because it's source material is wantonly out there. Was the Matrix stunts so out there once you knew the rationale for the things you saw? Granted that's an extreme example, but...*shrug*

I have a far more open-mind about the movie after I did some reading up on it, but I'm still pretty skeptical, myself.

OK... I'm being harsh on it I guess without knowing alot about it...

But, it kind of reminded me of the rediculous stunts in Charlies Angels 2, which were utterly stupid and just came across as plain dumb IMHO... (Oh look what we can make the people do with CGI now)

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2008, 03:18 PM
I know what you mean, Neil, and I felt the same way when I first saw the trailer for the film, but I did find out there was somewhat of a back story that at least partially validated the outlandishness in this films stunts.

That said, I do have to go on record that I am not a booster of this film, just open-minded (because it may very well still suck).

Neil
05-Jun-2008, 03:29 PM
I know what you mean, Neil, and I felt the same way when I first saw the trailer for the film, but I did find out there was somewhat of a back story that at least partially validated the outlandishness in this films stunts.

That said, I do have to go on record that I am not a booster of this film, just open-minded (because it may very well still suck).

Love to know how they explain curving a bullet :rockbrow:

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2008, 07:08 PM
You do realise it's directed by the bloke who did Night and Day Watch, right?

In Day Watch somebody drives a car across the facade of a building, just to go to a meeting with someone, it's not an action set piece, but instead it's the director's version of someone getting in a lift and going through a door.

Mind you, I had issues with Night and Day Watch, however Wanted looks like a more Hollywood version of the dude's style (he's a Russian ... Timur Bekmambetov ... that's the bloke).

Wanted is also based on a comic book, so it's not likely going to be realistic is it?

Geez Neil, all you ever do is post "oh dear..." posts about movies! :lol:

I think Wanted looks nifty, will deffo give it a go, possibly in the cinema. Hopefully it won't be quite as shoved up its arse as Night/Day Watch were, and also not as bloody long and drawn out and less 'myths for myth's sake', which was kinda how I felt about Night/Day Watch.

They were good movies, but to an extent, they could have been better I say. All the buzz about them, probably resulting from Tarantino barking about them endlessly was a bit misleading I suppose...well, misleading to me anyway. As I said, good - but flawed.

slickwilly13
05-Jun-2008, 07:53 PM
I have to agree with Neil on this one. Its not for me, either, But it is rated R, so maybe she'll give us full frontal nudity. Remember Gia? :)