PDA

View Full Version : So... I finally graduated savini school!!!

Trancelikestate
05-Jun-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey everyone~! how have you been? it's trance here back to check in! dude, it's been a hectic past few months! first graduation, then i came back to colorado and was stayin with my dad for awhile. he of course doesnt have a connection, so when i was on it was just to check things. but, anyway i'm back in my own house and have a connection now! i'm not working on anything yet. yet keyword though. i'm workin at my old job and paying off some debts. i'm also kinda waiting for my other half to graduate. she goes to the art institute in pittsburgh for f/x also. they offer a bachelor degree program there, so between us both, we got a pretty good foundation of knowledge for f/x. i do believe we'll be working on things together. who's going to horrorcon in 2 weeks? i know some of you are, theres a lot of western PA people here. anyways, we did our old age sculpts, and dick smith came with kevin haney to evaluate them!! it was a bit intimidating to say the least!! dick is a very nice man though, and chok full of tons of info. it was quite an oppurtunity for a new makeup artist. i finished my henrietta animatronic basicly. it's just yet to be painted, but you'll get the idea. these pics arent super great, i need to post a decent vid showing the movements. it's jaw, eyes, and eyebrows move. it actually looks pretty cool when it moves. it looks kinda skinny cuz the gave us set criteria, and a basic fiberglass shape, that we had to supposedly stay within an inch of. so i tried to make it work. it'll look great once my girl shows me how to airburush haha.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4492/henriettarp0.jpg
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/953/henrietta2zu3.jpg

Here is a pic of Tom my lil bro and i at graduation:
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/8778/temptomlj5.jpg

so for now i'm just gonna sit back and try to pay off some debt till i can find my little way into the f/x world. it is pretty cut throat. i still need to add a little to my portfolio, but it's got almost 10 pages i think. you can see my portfolio under my pics in myspace here: www.myspace.com/zacthinksitssweet so i think thats about all i can say for now about my schooling/career. I do of course welcome any questions about the school, so feel free to ask! oh! who saw Diary? oh man, i really loved it. i liked it more than land to be honest. :) well, i suppose i'll sign off for now, hopefully i can tell you more about my future projects real soon!!! :thumbsup:

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2008, 02:24 PM
Wow, Dude. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing your work in the future :skull:

Trancelikestate
05-Jun-2008, 02:28 PM
thnx!!:D yeah it may be awhile, but i think you will! even if it's troma! hahaha

slickwilly13
05-Jun-2008, 02:43 PM
Congrats, so when are we starring in a horror movie?;)

axlish
05-Jun-2008, 04:40 PM
Congrats! Your Henrietta looks really good.

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2008, 06:59 PM
Congratulations indeed, Sir.

As I've always maintained, you're a talented one, and I certainly wish you good luck as you embark on your career. :)

capncnut
05-Jun-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice to see you back on, man.

so when i was on it was just to check things. but, anyway i'm back in my own house and have a connection now!
I think someone might have hi-jacked your MSN 'cos I've been getting all sorts of weird s**t from it.

anyways, we did our old age sculpts, and dick smith came with kevin haney to evaluate them!! it was a bit intimidating to say the least!! dick is a very nice man though, and chok full of tons of info. it was quite an oppurtunity for a new makeup artist.
I can imagine how close to flatlining you must've been. Thems some serious big guns in the makeup world.

i finished my henrietta animatronic basicly. it's just yet to be painted, but you'll get the idea. these pics arent super great, i need to post a decent vid showing the movements. it's jaw, eyes, and eyebrows move. it actually looks pretty cool when it moves. it looks kinda skinny cuz the gave us set criteria, and a basic fiberglass shape, that we had to supposedly stay within an inch of. so i tried to make it work. it'll look great once my girl shows me how to airburush haha.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/953/henrietta2zu3.jpg
Your work just gets better and better, well you are taught by Savini no less. But still much further along the road than your first sculptures and gore FX. And yeah post that vid. :D

Congrats Zac!

MikePizzoff
05-Jun-2008, 09:31 PM
Congrats, man. Great work! Hope to see you doing some big-time Hollywood stuff in the near future.

Yojimbo
06-Jun-2008, 12:35 AM
Dude that is so awesome! Congratulations to you and mega wishes for your success! It will not be too long before you are living large and producing all sorts of nasty stuff to freak out movie audiences.

Looking forward to seeing your work on the big screen, indie or mainstream.

Neil
06-Jun-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone~! how have you been? it's trance here back to check in! dude, it's been a hectic past few months! first graduation, then i came back to colorado and was stayin with my dad for awhile. he of course doesnt have a connection, so when i was on it was just to check things. but, anyway i'm back in my own house and have a connection now! i'm not working on anything yet. yet keyword though. i'm workin at my old job and paying off some debts. i'm also kinda waiting for my other half to graduate. she goes to the art institute in pittsburgh for f/x also. they offer a bachelor degree program there, so between us both, we got a pretty good foundation of knowledge for f/x. i do believe we'll be working on things together. who's going to horrorcon in 2 weeks? i know some of you are, theres a lot of western PA people here. anyways, we did our old age sculpts, and dick smith came with kevin haney to evaluate them!! it was a bit intimidating to say the least!! dick is a very nice man though, and chok full of tons of info. it was quite an oppurtunity for a new makeup artist. i finished my henrietta animatronic basicly. it's just yet to be painted, but you'll get the idea. these pics arent super great, i need to post a decent vid showing the movements. it's jaw, eyes, and eyebrows move. it actually looks pretty cool when it moves. it looks kinda skinny cuz the gave us set criteria, and a basic fiberglass shape, that we had to supposedly stay within an inch of. so i tried to make it work. it'll look great once my girl shows me how to airburush haha.

Maybe you can go to paragraph school next? :)

Congratulations, and good luck on your career to come :)

clanglee
06-Jun-2008, 08:32 AM
effin' awesome man. Congrats!

Chic Freak
06-Jun-2008, 02:32 PM
Congrats! Great pictures :)

Your Myspace link doesn't seem to be working though?

capncnut
06-Jun-2008, 04:33 PM
Your Myspace link doesn't seem to be working though?
Not working for me too.

Trancelikestate
07-Jun-2008, 01:22 AM
hey guys, sorry i got the link confused :p www.myspace.com/zacsaysitssweet anyway, that should work. Thanks everyone for your support and compliments! :D

Neil, i didn't know i had to have proper grammer here :p i was far to relaxed to be bothered with that haha.

yeah i'll post pics when i paint it, and hopefully a vid soon too!! Once again you guys rule! thnx!! :D:D:D

FoodFight
07-Jun-2008, 03:50 AM
Good on ya! Now get out there and make someone ill.

MissJacksonCA
12-Jun-2008, 04:38 AM
Way to go Zac! Look forward to seeing your future work. The pics on your myspace are purrrdy savvy. :D

DeadJonas190
12-Jun-2008, 05:53 AM
Congrats man, I can't wait to see your work in movies. I would love to attend those classes, but the fates do not allow it. Good luck!