PDA

View Full Version : EffectsLab / VisionLab Studios

DrSiN
05-Jun-2008, 04:40 PM
Has anyone used these with Vegas and Hi-Def video? We just wrapped principal on Evans City Story Girl Trouble and I'm looking at it for some of the effects.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2008, 09:56 PM
I have used Effects Lab pro with Vegas on Deadlands 1, which was not HD, and it worked good.

Danny
22-Sep-2008, 11:10 PM
never heard of them.

ive ben using my cs3 mastersuite on my mac, hO-HOHOHO!

chukrok
07-Nov-2008, 02:50 AM
I just used VisionLab Studio with CS2 and it worked splendidly. Never used Vegas, though.

strayrider
09-Nov-2008, 06:43 AM
This clip was filmed with a Samsung S500, which is a very small "snapshot" camera.

Effects were done in EffectsLab Pro (demo version, hence the watermark), using the "Bourne" filter.

Laser bolts, explosions, and muzzle flashes are included in the EL Pro software.

Sound effects are from: a1soundeffects.com.

Everything used here was free, except for the camera which I received as a Christmas gift two years ago.

EffectsLab Pro is available for $149 on their site. (Google it)

lwhJgS8I8X8

Took about an hour and a half to make this. I tried the trial version of Adobe After Effects, but found EffectsLab much easier to use.

You can get the demo version of EL off of CNet.

:D

-stray-

for comparison purposes, here is the original:

tbOa2Hc0aXs

DrSiN
17-Mar-2009, 04:41 PM
Man this software has the absolute worst interface of any editing software I've ever used. It's absolute crap. I did finally manage to create a very nice looking muzzle flash but it required me basically using their software as a image editor and manually keyframing the flash to look realistic (by default, their flashes look pretty bad). When I was done I threw it out since I'm not spending $500 on something this difficult to use for one effect.

And it HATES HD. I crashed constantly!

PJoseph
20-Mar-2009, 02:57 AM
Hey, not sure what your needs are - but if you need some quick, easy keyable muzzle flare - check out -

http://www.videocopilot.net/purchase/

you can download a pack called "Action Essentials"- they are pretty good. Not in HD (some of his newer work available is in HD) - but you can probably upconvert - since it's just a few frames, shouldn't look horrible. I've used them for air, and the stuff looks great.

Again - not sure WHAT your needs are - but this guy has all sorts of handy dandy elements that are easy to use. Some good tutorials as well.

pJ

CooperWasRight
20-Mar-2009, 10:50 PM
It is a fantastic program and is actually very easy to use provided you has some flash/fireworks experience.