PDA

View Full Version : Update regarding the Censor

Andy
06-Jun-2008, 03:12 PM
If you guys go into the user control panel, edit options (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/profile.php?do=editoptions), you will find that you now have the option to turn the censor on or off, this is now your own choice, the censor will remain on by default and if you choose to turn it off, this will be considered when you either complain about or create offensive or obscene posts.

This is action is also not retrospective, and will only take effect after you change this option.

AcesandEights
06-Jun-2008, 04:11 PM
Woooooooooooo Fucking Hooo!

This is an awesome option, gents! Thank you :)

Neil
06-Jun-2008, 05:37 PM
Let's see if this works then...

**** your ******* **** hole till I **** with your sister's ******* ****!

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2008, 05:39 PM
Hmmm ... I assume it's cos I'm a Mod, but before I turned the censor off I could still see the uncut lingo. Just checking it wasn't a bug.

Anyway, I've turned it off cos I fucking love swearing! :D

A neat upgrade too.

Let's see if this works then...

**** your ******* **** hole till I **** with your sister's ******* ****!
:lol:

Nice try you cheeky fucker. :D

axlish
06-Jun-2008, 07:09 PM
Fuck.

ProfessorChaos
06-Jun-2008, 07:17 PM
fucking a:cool:

capncnut
06-Jun-2008, 07:24 PM
While to it is tempting to use the word fuck (also shit, piss, willy and cunt) gratuitously, I shall stick to censoring them myself. That way, no c**t can f**king escape it! :D

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2008, 07:33 PM
While to it is tempting to use the word fuck (also shit, piss, willy and cunt) gratuitously, I shall stick to censoring them myself. That way, no c**t can f**king escape it! :D
Mind you, I wonder how many people will choose to uncensor it ... that'd be an interesting stat...

Neil
06-Jun-2008, 08:34 PM
This is going to turn into 'swearing thread' isn't it :rolleyes:

Chic Freak
06-Jun-2008, 08:35 PM
Mine seems to have un-censored itself. I'm not fucking complaining though, you cunts :)

This is going to turn into 'swearing thread' isn't it :rolleyes:

Yes... yes it is.

mista_mo
06-Jun-2008, 08:39 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK YEA, I JUST BOUGHT THIS FUCKEN MOVIE CALLED "DAWN OF THE CUNTING FUCKS" AND IT IS SO CUNTING SUAVE!

MY FUCKING BRAIN LITERALLY IMPLODED FROM ALL OF THE FUCKING AND CUNTS IN THE FILM!

CUNTS!

Also, fucking Cruise control.

Legion2213
06-Jun-2008, 08:41 PM
LOL, like a bunch of kids locked in a fucking sweet shop. :D

MaximusIncredulous
06-Jun-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh shit! I can't believe all the fucking cussing I'm seeing here. Horrendous :hurl:

acealive1
06-Jun-2008, 09:49 PM
SWEEEEEET:hyper::hyper:

clanglee
06-Jun-2008, 10:05 PM
SWEEEEEET:hyper::hyper:

Don't you mean "Fucking Sweeeet?"

MikePizzoff
06-Jun-2008, 10:06 PM
Hahahaha you guys messed this up! I haven't edited any of my options... but now I can see profanity from those of you that have apparently turned off the censor. Then other people still have the censor blocking their swearing.

Therefore, if someone doesn't want to see vulgarity, they are forced to view it from the people that turned their censor off. I think you should fix this because, odds are, it's bound to offend at least ONE person here.

I just find it a funny fuck up.

EDIT: Wait a second. I still have my censor on, yet I can see that I wrote 'fuck' above. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Andy
06-Jun-2008, 10:34 PM
OK Sorry guys looks like this one is back to the drawing board.

MinionZombie
07-Jun-2008, 10:56 AM
Just been reading through this thread, saw all the swearing, except when Mike did one in quote marks above.

Hmmm...a bit ****in' weird...

Perhaps it's as if it's allowing individuals to swear again, so the only thing that was being blocked was their own swearing, and as everyone had that, it appeared as if it was a forum wide censor.

Now though, with people unblocking themselves, it means that everyone can see it, rather than those who've chosen to see swearing.

Something like that aye? ****in' weird like I said.

*additional*

I can see the swearing earlier in this thread, but now my swearing is censored again...