PDA

View Full Version : post apocalyptic cartoon series on channel 4

Danny
07-Jun-2008, 02:11 AM
So its 3:00 am and i just finished watching a show called afterworld on channel 4+1 its on at 1:30 am every saturday and its set after an unspecified event destroyed all technology and mad e99% of the population vanish.
its cg and uses frames and the odd effect rather than straight animation but its still bizarrely enthralling form what ive seen,i think you can watch past episodes online here: http://geo.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/A/afterworld/fall.jsp

clanglee
07-Jun-2008, 02:32 AM
Bah, UK users only. Damn you Brits and your good shows that we can't watch.:D

CornishCorpse
07-Jun-2008, 03:36 PM
o.o This looks pretty damn hot and episodes on the site go from 1-100 so everyone should check it out. Ill be watching this for definite after a Battlfield bad company sesh.

Assault on Precinct 13 on BBC1 tonight for us brits.

Craig
07-Jun-2008, 06:33 PM
Assault on Precinct 13 on BBC1 tonight for us brits.
Thanks for that, only ever heard of the film by name but it definitely looks like a film I'd kick myself for missing. 5 stars in the telly paper as well :lol:

Danny
07-Jun-2008, 07:18 PM
DUN-DA-DA-DUN-DUN, DUN-DA-DA-DUN-DUN.....

epic movie.

capncnut
07-Jun-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.younghollywoodhof.com/drina/kimrichards.jpg

"I want a vanilla twist!" :D

AcesandEights
07-Jun-2008, 09:38 PM
Sorry, but my fav PA cartoon is still Thundarr The Barbarian :D

LhAobPugvsk

Who else bursts his bonds to fight for justice?

CornishCorpse
07-Jun-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks for that, only ever heard of the film by name but it definitely looks like a film I'd kick myself for missing. 5 stars in the telly paper as well :lol:

No worries Im the same. Heard good things and the synopsis makes it sound like a good flick, just starting so Im off.

Danny
08-Jun-2008, 12:16 AM
you guys are in for a treat, the premise is so basic, but that gives it so much freedom, it rocks, the remake sucks, who knew? :lol:

Craig
08-Jun-2008, 01:39 AM
Just finished watching the movie. Damn awesome, one of the best siege movies I've seen.

Neil
08-Jun-2008, 06:28 AM
So its 3:00 am and i just finished watching a show called afterworld on channel 4+1 its on at 1:30 am every saturday and its set after an unspecified event destroyed all technology and mad e99% of the population vanish.
its cg and uses frames and the odd effect rather than straight animation but its still bizarrely enthralling form what ive seen,i think you can watch past episodes online here: http://geo.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/A/afterworld/fall.jsp

You can indeed watch all the episodes online... http://geo.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/A/afterworld/watch_new_york.jsp

clanglee
08-Jun-2008, 07:44 AM
Sorry, but my fav PA cartoon is still Thundarr The Barbarian :D

LhAobPugvsk

Who else bursts his bonds to fight for justice?

Oh yes indeed!!! Demon Dogs!!!!

EvilNed
08-Jun-2008, 11:36 AM
Assault on Precinct 13 is a great ****ing film. I rewatched it just a week ago or so. The remake isn't half-bad either. But basicly, the remake is more of an actiontake on the same premise, whereas the original takes more of a thriller/horror approach.

Rottedfreak
08-Jun-2008, 06:10 PM
The start of Afterworld reminded me of the documentary 'Life after People' which presented a scenario where every human on the Earth just vanishes. Of course Afterworld, like most PA fiction, hasn't fully addressed the concept of Fido or Tiddles without their master/staff.

Legion2213
09-Jun-2008, 12:43 AM

Just watched the first 20 episodes of this, pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and "Assault on Precinct 13" Fooking CLASSIC! :cool:

Bah, UK users only. Damn you Brits and your good shows that we can't watch.:D

That's payback for preventing us from watching the Battlestar Galactica "Resistance" webisodes. :p

Danny
09-Jun-2008, 12:51 AM
and the jerico ones
and heroes ones
and....okay ,england 1- america, bloody hundreds! :lol:

Legion2213
09-Jun-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, I ended up watching all of these last night, very enjoyable.

Anybody else think it would make a good live action mini-series?

Neil
09-Jun-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, I ended up watching all of these last night, very enjoyable.

Anybody else think it would make a good live action mini-series?

How long did that take?

Legion2213
09-Jun-2008, 05:50 PM
How long did that take?

Erm, ages. :D Round about 4 hours (with a few breaks to make the ocasional cup of tea).

Rottedfreak
09-Jun-2008, 06:52 PM
I watched it all yesterday too, I really enjoyed it but felt the mole people thing was a bad move. A live action mini series wouild rock though the possible reason it's been done this way is because they would have required a enormouse budget to show lifeless cities like New york, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and other stuff.

It could have done without the mole people, that was maybe too soon.

Legion2213
09-Jun-2008, 07:18 PM
The mole people didn't bother me that much, not when you accept that there is lots of weird stuff going on, birth mutations, horses eating flesh and stuff.

Definitely an interesting little series though! And as for costs of a live action series, I'm sure if it was set in non-landmark parts of cities they could get away with fewer actual locations.

Danny
09-Jun-2008, 09:21 PM
, horses eating flesh

dude, a shire horse will tear your ****ing face off, that **** aint fiction!

AcesandEights
09-Jun-2008, 10:44 PM
This really does suck that I can't see this by the link provided :|

Rottedfreak
25-Sep-2008, 03:03 PM
The creators have taken a excursion to something called Gemini division, they'd better finish what they started.

I have a theory about the fall, the Parthia Group represent humans who retreated to another planet and are in a race against time to return and reclaim the Earth. They sent agents to Earth to ochestrate the extermination of humankind on Earth and unleashed the nanomachines on mankind. The governemnts knew about it but didn't want to cause panic so kept it under wraps they then resorted to activating the EMP (to deactivate the nanos) but it was to late, the nano machines were activated and killed off much of the population.

Or it's a government plot where humans have been put in a form of stasis that allows the Earth's natural resources to replenish and the survivors are caretakers.