PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who, You've got a lovely daughter.

wayzim
07-Jun-2008, 02:42 AM
So, the good doctor got hisself in the family way at last, and it's a girl!

After watching yet another hero's love child on the big screen, it's nice to see the Guy from Gallifrey going a different route. Jenny (Georgia Moffett ) is a sorta bright eyed innocent (think Baby Spice packin heat )which was a great relief from the usual 'I hate you Daddy. ' sorta brats which overpopulate this type of scenario.
And no messy childhood or ackward one night stands, just pop your arm in the device and out jumps instant progeny.
Unfortunately the episode itself wasn't that much, very routine Doctor Who, even with Nigal Terry ... uh ... tearing up the scenery.
But I loved the ending, as much as I expected something like it. This ain't Trek, after all.
This series is still just good Sci Fi fun

Wayne Z
"Oh good, more running. "

capncnut
07-Jun-2008, 03:43 AM
So, the good doctor got hisself in the family way at last, and it's a girl!
Great episode it was too.

Danny
07-Jun-2008, 09:36 AM
im reckoning the woman in todays ep is gonna be her next regeneration or possibly the doctors, you never know.

MinionZombie
07-Jun-2008, 11:12 AM
im reckoning the woman in todays ep is gonna be her next regeneration or possibly the doctors, you never know.
Well it can't really be the Doctor's ... besides, Doctor Who is supposed to be a bloke, turning him into a woman would just be a silly gimmick ... but aye, it could very well be his daughter in another generation - the lass does have two tickers, so aye.

Evidently, the Doctor hasn't been to the time period where he's met that woman (or indeed version of his daughter, if that's the truth) yet...so we know that much anyway.

As for that library episode, or the first part anyway, generally I liked it ... but Donna's constant bleeding heart liberal attitude that over-rides into overload at times is annoying. Yes "insert horrible thing" is bad, but you don't have to bang on about it like the audience is a bunch of impenetrable bastards.

Also, she doesn't have much care or understanding for the space-time-continuum, which is a bit of a nuisance really isn't it? :p

Anyway, the library episode, I thought some of the characters were a bit annoying:

* Bloke who has a whinge at having to stop sitting on one desk and has to move to another because Who is busy actually doing something.
* Thick girl, she was really bloody thick and did what she wasn't supposed to do.
* The bloke who 'owns' the library - usual bureaucratic type arse who's all "me me me".

They just annoyed me, some of the other people were just backgrounders essentially.

Anyway, hopefully part two will be better, more action and less time for bleeding heart speeches (Who does the compassionate stuff waaaaaaaay better), or people being businessy-bastards or annoying cannon fodder ... tonight it should be some action, woo. :)

wayzim
07-Jun-2008, 11:46 AM
Well it can't really be the Doctor's ... besides, Doctor Who is supposed to be a bloke, turning him into a woman would just be a silly gimmick ... but aye, it could very well be his daughter in another generation - the lass does have two tickers, so aye.)

Though not part of the official canon, Doctor Who had been turned into a woman in a 1999 parody to benefit Comic Relief. Rowan Atkinson. Richard E. Grant, Jim Broadbent and Hugh Grant played the Doctor with Johanna Lumley as a female regeneration.
It's called Doctor Who, The Curse of Fatal Death and here's a link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212887/

Wayne Z
"Oh good, more running. "

MinionZombie
07-Jun-2008, 04:40 PM
Exactly, not official canon, therefore good day to you Comic Relief sketch that was only for charity.

Speaking of Who and Relief, the most recent one where the current gen comes across one of his previous gens (I forget the dude's name, but the one in all the cricket spectator type gear)...now that was good ... still not canon though.

If it was in the actual show, it'd still be a lame gimmick.

wayzim
07-Jun-2008, 05:03 PM
Exactly, not official canon, therefore good day to you Comic Relief sketch that was only for charity.

Speaking of Who and Relief, the most recent one where the current gen comes across one of his previous gens (I forget the dude's name, but the one in all the cricket spectator type gear)...now that was good ... still not canon though.

If it was in the actual show, it'd still be a lame gimmick.

That would be Peter Davidson, I believe, which is where I'd lost track of the good doctor until that 1996 attempt to regenerate the series with Paul McGann taking over from Sylvester (Damn it! I'm a Timelord, not a Puddytat ) McCoy.

Wayne Z

SymphonicX
09-Jun-2008, 07:52 AM
Oh man she was gorgeous...