PDA

View Full Version : 28 Weeks Later: A different script

Geophyrd
12-Jun-2008, 01:58 PM
I found this online (http://www.horrorlair.com/movies/scripts/28-Weeks-Later.pdf). I started reading it because I really liked both 28Days Later and 28Weeks Later.

This script is better than the movie I saw. It certainly makes more sense than the movie...and interestingly, most of the character names are different. So I'm guessing this script was abandonned. If so, I think it was budgetary. There's some expensive scenes in it...

Just thought I'd share

SymphonicX
13-Jun-2008, 10:09 AM
It wasn't budgetary, I know a guy who worked cameras on that film, it was re-written so as to be a vehicle for a sequel set in America (or so I heard!!)

Neil
13-Jun-2008, 01:51 PM
I found this online (http://www.horrorlair.com/movies/scripts/28-Weeks-Later.pdf). I started reading it because I really liked both 28Days Later and 28Weeks Later.

This script is better than the movie I saw. It certainly makes more sense than the movie...and interestingly, most of the character names are different. So I'm guessing this script was abandonned. If so, I think it was budgetary. There's some expensive scenes in it...

Just thought I'd share

Did it feature military personal so dumb they'd put all people into one safe zone that wasn't very safe?

Did it feature psychic infected who knew where to pop up in advance to get to people?

AcesandEights
13-Jun-2008, 01:55 PM
It wasn't budgetary, I know a guy who worked cameras on that film, it was re-written so as to be a vehicle for a sequel set in America (or so I heard!!)

I thought one of the early script drafts for the next movie was to be set in Russia :shifty: I mean, I know it was an early rumor, but it's interesting that America is also a rumor, as well. I'd rather see Russia, personally.

Neil
13-Jun-2008, 02:22 PM
I thought one of the early script drafts for the next movie was to be set in Russia :shifty: I mean, I know it was an early rumor, but it's interesting that America is also a rumor, as well. I'd rather see Russia, personally.

All the rumours I've read have mentioned Russia... I hope this one pulls all the good bits out of the series, and puts the weaker elements aside...

If they don't get a move on making it soon, it'll be up against "World War Z" :)

AcesandEights
13-Jun-2008, 03:25 PM
If they don't get a move on making it soon, it'll be up against "World War Z" :)

Wouldn't that be something...Imagine the possibility of two high quality films. One, the third film from a franchise paying homage to the zombie movie, and the second, based on a highly praised book about zombies, going head-to-head in production and competing to make each other better!

Ahhhh, more likely, one will grasp onto something cheap and tawdry that thrills the lowest common denominator and the other will rush off to ape it, resulting in two poor films, but a man can dream...

A man can dream...

Geophyrd
13-Jun-2008, 04:13 PM
I really liked 28 Weeks Later, but the father and mother storyline was incredibly unlikely, pushed my disbelief a little too hard. Having said that, it was a fun ride.

Based on the end of the movie, I would have guessed Paris as the next stop for the franchise. If US is the next stop, the Rage virus really must have taken hold worldwide. I know Danny Boyle has said that he has ideas for the next movie. Maybe he can get Alex Garland back to write it again.

As for World War Z...looks to me like it won't happen. There's been no move to cast, find director, etc. I know Brad Pitt's involved but I'm not sure he'll do it justice. My hopes for the next good 'zombie' movie are Snyder's Army of the Dead. They just got a director.

AcesandEights
13-Jun-2008, 04:49 PM
Ha! I'm not nearly so cynical as most of the people around here. No offense :)

EvilNed
13-Jun-2008, 07:31 PM
First off, the 28 films rule anything zombiewise that's been put out in the last ten years or so. Second off, I also heard Russia. I'd actually see it set in Russia, than the US, actually. But hey, as long as it's the same crew making it, bring it on.