PDA

View Full Version : The Crazies - The Sequel...

Legion2213
12-Jun-2008, 09:15 PM
Would it work?

Would you like to see the outbreaks spreading across America, and then the world?

Who would be your choice of director (I'm a bit bored with GAR's "social commentary", so I'd like to see somebody else have a crack at it), is there any specific thing you would like to see?

Could it even be seen/used as a precursor to the living dead outbreaks, maybe mutating into a "zombie virus" after a while

CornishCorpse
19-Jun-2008, 12:48 AM
Well I think it could be possible to link them if you use the idea of the virus developing into a zombie virus. I mean the town that the virus in the crazies infected was quarentined and infused with military. The first wave of radiation from the probe secrets a gas which develops with the second and third waves of radiation developing the virus from crazy to zombified. Cheesy I know but its a thought.

Id be up for a sequel defintly and my chosen director would be Ridley Scott he showed me could do fear, cold waiting lifeless fear in the alien films so why not here? I think personally he is a director who knows what he wants and goes for it.

My chosen setting would be of course good old fashioned england since I dont think we have enough z films over here. More specifically than just england Id use the idea Ive been trying to develop into a short story. A castle its built to survive, and a bit cliche for a lock in battle but have a group of friends sneak into the castles foyer at closing time. Take hostage the national trust employees presumedly ancient people and attract other friends with supplies. The holdout and hostage taking draws police attention but then the question is..Is the virus real or are they just some drugged up gun nuts? Im rambling bleh it is 10 to 2 here I should sleep -__-

Danny
19-Jun-2008, 04:01 AM
i think the low brow market of moviegoers would just scream 28 weeks later ripoff adn not see, personally id love to see it done by guilliermo del toro, but id watch any of his movies really:lol:

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah, with flicks like 28DL, Doomsday and such out there, there's not much point in a Crazies sequel, especially as the original was decades ago - however I did rather like the original.

And a Crazies sequel, for similar reasons (plus that remakes usually suck chuddies), would be a bad and pointless idea.