PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Weapon films...

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2008, 09:37 PM
I just got done watching Lethal Weapon 2 on HBO Zone and it brought back so many great memories of how good action films were in the 1980's and early 90's and it makes me wonder why they can't capture that magic today.

So I decided to make a poll to see which Lethal Weapon film you guys like the most, but also feel free to discuss or complain about action films in this thread.

EvilNed
15-Jun-2008, 11:11 PM
Hmm. Tough choice. I liked all but the third one. I'm tempted to go with 4, because Jet Li was bad ass in that one. But good ol' Gary was equally bad ass in 1. So I'll go with 1.

DjfunkmasterG
15-Jun-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't forget to cast your vote in the poll. :D

EvilNed
16-Jun-2008, 12:10 AM
yeah, the first one gets it. Mostly because that has one scene that I remember the most: Mel Gibson and his bullet. Great scene.

Terran
16-Jun-2008, 06:32 AM
I didnt like any of them...lol

capncnut
16-Jun-2008, 09:13 AM
I didnt like any of them...lol
Right with you man. Popcorn bulls**t. :D

But if I had to chose then I guess it's the first one.

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jun-2008, 12:12 PM
How can you not like Lethal Weapon films... I mean seriously, they are a huge part of Pop Culture.

bassman
16-Jun-2008, 12:17 PM
Had to go with the first. The fourth would probably be my second choice.

Skippy911sc
16-Jun-2008, 07:57 PM
I liked the first one...part 2 gets my vote because I liked Pesci as Leo Gets...I tried watching part 3 and was unable to get through it...and I own 4 on DVD but have never watched it...but since everyone liked it so much I guess I will take a look. Then I will make my call on whether any of you know what a good movie is. ;)

clanglee
16-Jun-2008, 08:23 PM
How can you not like Lethal Weapon films... I mean seriously, they are a huge part of Pop Culture.

Gary, It might be an american thing. ;):D

MinionZombie
16-Jun-2008, 09:17 PM
I went with #1, and from there I'd choose the Director's Cut of #1, I liked the additional stuff - especially the bit where Riggs goes to that playground where a sniper is shooting at kids, and he just walks through the playground and unloads an entire clip at the sniper's window - awesome.

That first flick was really tough and quite hardcore for an action flick.

#2 was awesome too, but was less dark and a bit funnier, and I actually quite liked #3 as well, although it wasn't as meaty as the first two. #4 was alright, but not awesome.

Mike70
18-Jun-2008, 01:18 AM
i'd say the first one clear and away.

AcesandEights
18-Jun-2008, 01:48 AM
#1 followed by #4, followed by the one with the eeeeeeeeeevil South Africans, followed by the one where my cousin Vinny had too many line.