PDA

View Full Version : man dies after being tased by oxford police...

Mike70
18-Jun-2008, 09:13 PM
turns out this dude was drunk as a skunk. his blood alcohol was .319! close to 4 times the legal limit in ohio.

Oxford taser victim had blood alcohol nearly four times over the legal limit
Submitted by modernesquire on Thu, 05/29/2008 - 12:01pm.

From the Pulse Journal:

Kevin Piskura's blood alcohol level was .319 on the morning of April 19 when he was shocked with a Taser by Oxford police, according to Terry Daly, Hamilton County Coroner's Office spokesman.

"That's nearly four times over the legal limit," Daly said today, May 29.

Piskura, 24, of Chicago, and a 2006 Miami University graduate, was stunned with a Taser after police said he interfered with the arrest of a friend during a fight at the Brick Street Bar on High Street. He died on April 24 at University Hospital in Cincinnati.

The Butler County Sheriff's Office is conducting an investigation into the Taser incident and Piskura's death at the request of Oxford police. The county prosecutor's office will also review the results of the investigation, according to Prosecutor Robin Piper.

Daly said a cause of death has not yet been determined because they are awaiting results of pathology tests.

SRP76
18-Jun-2008, 10:58 PM
This guy's a university graduate, and he still didn't know better than to get ****faced and get involved in barfights? Just what do they teach at that university, Mass Stupidity?

Mike70
18-Jun-2008, 11:09 PM
This guy's a university graduate, and he still didn't know better than to get ****faced and get involved in barfights? Just what do they teach at that university, Mass Stupidity?

oh well a college degree doesn't come with common sense attached to it and the guy was only 24, well within the stupidity zone for young men.

sad thing is miami univ costs $35,000 a year to attend. so his parents blew what $140,000 on an education for this dude to get killed in a barfight.

MikePizzoff
19-Jun-2008, 03:10 AM

Hm? Unless I'm not picking up the sarcasm, this seems like a comment someone that doesn't get drunk would make. Seriously, is it really that big of a surprise for a college student/graduate/24-year-old to get drunk AND get into fights? I can say for myself that is what my weekends are, generally, comprised of.

SRP76
19-Jun-2008, 03:58 AM
Hm? Unless I'm not picking up the sarcasm, this seems like a comment someone that doesn't get drunk would make. Seriously, is it really that big of a surprise for a college student/graduate/24-year-old to get drunk AND get into fights? I can say for myself that is what my weekends are, generally, comprised of.

It's common sense. Never, in the history of humans walking this planet, has anything good come of getting hammered at a bar full of other drunk people. Ever. Therefore, there is no point in doing it unless you don't care what happens. That results in no sympathy whatsoever from me. This fool cannot say that he didn't know better.