PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Nosh aka Flesheater: The Bitch List...

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2008, 12:12 PM
Aye, indeed, I sat down with another sh*tty zombie movie and did out a new bitch list, so here you have it folks, enjoy. :)

Part One:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/06/zombie-nosh-aka-flesheater-bitch-list.html

Part Two:
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/06/zombie-nosh-aka-flesheater-bitch-list_23.html

EvilNed
23-Jun-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh god, I never even managed to finish that film. I watched half of it, then decided it really wasn't worth it. I think that's the only zombie film I've EVER done that too. And that's saying alot!

Legion2213
23-Jun-2008, 03:01 PM
4) More rubbish audio as the group of teens, who don't have access to a car, get a really slow tractor ride through the woods.

I need to see this film....:D

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2008, 05:42 PM
4) More rubbish audio as the group of teens, who don't have access to a car, get a really slow tractor ride through the woods.

I need to see this film....:D
If you do - bring plenty of beer, cider, spirits, the lot. :D

Gather some mates around - provide a disclaimer that this is not representative of the zombie genre - then all get wellied in, press play and laugh mockingly at this garbage. :D

SRP76
23-Jun-2008, 05:45 PM
The title should have tipped you off that this would be a stupid movie.

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh believe me I wasn't expecting it to be first rate, far...far...far...far from it.

I knew COTLD was gash, but still got the DVD from one of those musty, second hand video shops you only find in the rougher parts of town - why? For a laugh, is why.

It also fully justifies my bitching about them. :p

Plus, doing these lists is a great way of watching a terrible, awful, sh*tty movie ... you can distract yourself, openly mock it to within an inch of it's life, then share your mockery. :p

And yes, if someone gave me the money I'd bloody well make a better movie. :)

MoonSylver
24-Jun-2008, 12:39 AM
It's not a great movie. Not even a terribly GOOD movie. But it IS a FUN one IMO. Worth it for the novelty of seeing "Cemetery Zombie" make his own movie. And naked chicks.:hyper: :D :p :lol:

Now COTLD, is not GOOD OR FUN. And it makes "Flesheater" look like "Citizen Kane".

TheGovernor
01-Jul-2008, 07:09 PM
Minion, your review was too funny. I've seen far worse. This one was palatable.

I remember seeing Flesheater when it first came out on video in the late 80s. Mom wasn't too pleased to find her 9 year old son was watching a movie with the NOTLD zombie feeling up young gals.

Last fall, I was at a con that Bill Hinzman attended. I chatted with him about Night, but didn't mention Flesheather. I lacked the nerve to say "Dude, did you feel like an old perv grabbin' those boobies every time you went in for the kill?"

capncnut
01-Jul-2008, 08:03 PM
This film is pungent pulsating pile of pigs poo, a truly laughable entry into the zombie film genre. I'm amazed you got through it Nick.

Starring, Co-Edited, Co-Written, Story By, Produced and Directed by Bill Hinzman...

It's all very remiscent of Michael Landon, who was in Little House On The Prairie and Highway To Heaven. Everything he did was directed, produced, starring, written, etc. There were only about two or three other names in the opening credits of his shows, major hoggage. :lol:

TheGovernor
01-Jul-2008, 08:48 PM
This film is pungent pulsating pile of pigs poo, a truly laughable entry into the zombie film genre. I'm amazed you got through it Nick.

It's all very remiscent of Michael Landon, who was in Little House On The Prairie and Highway To Heaven. Everything he did was directed, produced, starring, written, etc. There were only about two or three other names in the opening credits of his shows, major hoggage. :lol:

Forget about waterboarding Islamic terrorists...let's just superglue their eyelids open and force them to watch The Flesheater.

capncnut
01-Jul-2008, 08:50 PM
Forget about waterboarding Islamic terrorists...let's just superglue their eyelids open and force them to watch The Flesheater.
I think that would be enough to send anyone round the twist. :D

TheGovernor
01-Jul-2008, 09:47 PM
The Flesheater has one thing going for it: an animated Bill Hinzman zombie growling at the end of the opening credits.

George Romero never had the creativity to treat us with an animated Flyboy or Bub zombie snarling at his audience! :D

tju1973
01-Jul-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree-- I only bought it because it was part of Shriek SHows Zombie Pack 2 with Zombie Holocaust and Burial Ground (the Nights of Terror)-- all were pretty cruddy, but Zombie Holocaust was the the best of the lot-- also as a completist, I had to get it,having bought the Zombie Pack last year-- which I bought to have the complete "Zombi" series (yes I know that they are not related in the least)...

Bill Hinzman I gues needs the cash-- after that crapfest NOTLD "special edition" with the new footage--

I would think he could makea little scratch at cons and say f the crappy flicks-- oh well, a payday is a payday..

:)

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm amazed you got through it Nick.

And this was my second viewing! :eek:

krakenslayer
06-Sep-2009, 10:28 PM
Just did my own review of this on my blog...

That there is Bill Hinzman, he played the Cemetary Zombie, the first ghoul to appear in the original Night of the Living Dead. He was also Director of Photography on The Crazies, and has been involved with a lot of other odd and sods around the lower-budget end of the horror market over the last forty years, but he will always be best remembered for his role in Night. This is the guy who, the moment he shambled across an Evan's City cemetary to grab a screaming Judith O'Dea, introduced audiences to the concept of the modern zombie. Before Hinzman, zombies were night-dwelling voodoo slaves who haunted gothic necropoli or dark mangrove swamps under the control of a scheming witch doctor or wild-eyed scientist. After Hinzman, all that changed - his appearance on screen marked the point at which zombies became something real and raw, things that could appear in an everyday place, in broad daylight; things that no longer wanted to drag you off to an underground laboratory, but tear you, screaming, limb from bloody limb. At that point, zombies became scary again. And he was public face of this sea-change. He was the first, the most iconic.

The man has credentials, and it's almost a little sad to see him piss them away on junk like this.

Read the rest... (http://obscurityandbeyond.blogspot.com/2009/09/movie-review-zombie-nosh-aka-flesheater.html) :D

MinionZombie
07-Sep-2009, 10:17 AM
Just did my own review of this on my blog...

Read the rest... (http://obscurityandbeyond.blogspot.com/2009/09/movie-review-zombie-nosh-aka-flesheater.html) :D
:lol:

I loved the line about "shitting their denims". :D

And yeah - it's just downright pervy of Hinzman to do what he does in this movie. It just feels like a dirty old man getting his rocks off and fulfilling his own fantasies ... it creeps me out *picks nose*.

Trencher
07-Sep-2009, 10:47 AM
Great review Krakenslayer, I laughed out loud to the grope harder comment. What an image. Thankfully I never saw the film. But concidering all the rip off and knock offs over the years its odd that not more people involved in the movie got the point. btw I cant comment on your blog.

Mr.G
07-Sep-2009, 01:39 PM
Now COTLD, is not GOOD OR FUN. And it makes "Flesheater" look like "Citizen Kane".

I swear to Christ I'm the only person to like COTLD. It's not something I can watch all the time but I'll pop it in every year. I'll echo the comments on Flesheater. It got positive reviews and blind bought it....damn it!

MoonSylver
07-Sep-2009, 04:12 PM
I swear to Christ I'm the only person to like COTLD. It's not something I can watch all the time but I'll pop it in every year. I'll echo the comments on Flesheater. It got positive reviews and blind bought it....damn it!

If CotLD had played as a straight up zombie flick I would have dug it hard, right in the same league as Flesheater for cheesy fun. But all of that Abbot Hayes stuff....:annoyed:

MinionZombie
07-Sep-2009, 05:37 PM
If CotLD had played as a straight up zombie flick I would have dug it hard, right in the same league as Flesheater for cheesy fun. But all of that Abbot Hayes stuff....:annoyed:
I think one of the problems with it was that most of the time it was trying to play itself straight ... when it so wasn't capable of it - plus the script sucked so hard, and well ... everything that the director said in the article posted here on the HPOTD website sums it up pretty damn well.

Spider
21-Sep-2009, 01:15 PM

You're not alone there. I actually dig COTLD but will not label it as a good movie by any means. It's crap but to me, it's fun enjoyable crap that I like to pop in my DVD player from time to time. I just wish it had more Savini in it.

I dig Flesheater quite a bit too. It's one of my favorite bad movies & is something I've been watching around Halloween time for the past few years. The Dracula guy is horrible & sounds like Farnham the Drunk from Diablo.