PDA

View Full Version : Fido..

Tricky
23-Jun-2008, 06:26 PM
Has anyone seen this yet?looks like it could be quite funny in a shaun kind of way!
http://www.giantmoviehug.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/fido-dvd-art.jpg

Yojimbo
23-Jun-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, brother. Liked this one a lot - not as funny as Shaun but still really well done. Some good black humor, twisted stuff, and a nice retro feel with cool zombie sequences as well. Highly recommended for the permanent collection.

axlish
23-Jun-2008, 06:46 PM
I actually liked it a little more than Shaun. Fido is a really well done zombie film that has that golden era Americana feel to it. If you haven't seen it yet, rent it or buy it at once.

Kaos
24-Jun-2008, 06:52 PM
It is a favorite of my daughter. :D

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Fido is great. It's like Pleasantville mixed with Zombies. Good stuff.

Danny
24-Jun-2008, 08:20 PM
for some reason i love all that cheesy pleasantville americana, and as stubbs the zombie showed, adding undead doubles the awesomeness.

and as my title suggests, i know a thing or two about awesome. :lol:

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 08:26 PM
Stubbs was a great game. I liked the mind controling hand.

iluvc2h5oh
25-Jun-2008, 05:06 AM
I like Shaun more, but I was surprised at how good this movie was....I think it is one you should own.

Neil
25-Jun-2008, 08:11 AM
I enjoyed the film... Not as good as Shaun (for me), but definately worth a watch!

axlish
25-Jun-2008, 02:59 PM
I think it was more clever than Shaun. Honestly, I consider Fido to be a flawless film.

hadrian0117
25-Jun-2008, 10:42 PM
Fido was a great, fresh new take on the zombie film. There was one, small, detail that bothered me. They make it clear that the only way to kill a zombie is a head shot ("In the brain and not the chest. Head shots are the very best.) Funerals (for those who can afford them) take place with the head in a seperate casket than the body ("from dust shall you not be resurrected"). Unless they destroyed the brain the head would still come back, but if they destroyed the brain there's be no point beheading the corpse. The heads still come back, but are trapped in a small box until the brain rots away.

clanglee
25-Jun-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I found that a bit odd as well.

Choas
25-Jun-2008, 11:46 PM
I loved this movie.It was very funny.

Mike70
26-Jun-2008, 07:00 PM
fido is defo worth a look. then again anything with carrie ann moss in it is worth a look.

someone in this thread described it as pleasantville with zombies, i think that is an almost perfect description of it.