PDA

View Full Version : would you see a faithful remake of creepshow 2?

acealive1
24-Jun-2008, 01:11 AM
well would you?

SRP76
24-Jun-2008, 01:25 AM
No. I didn't give much of a crap out the original Creepshow 2.

EvilNed
24-Jun-2008, 01:52 AM
Same here. There were three ****ty stories in it. The indian one was especially lame.

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 02:35 AM
I liked Creepshow 2, I just don't know why you would remake it. There are plenty of other horror shorts out there that could be collected creepshow style into a brand new movie. No need to remake it. Seems pretty silly actually.

acealive1
24-Jun-2008, 03:08 AM
I liked Creepshow 2, I just don't know why you would remake it. There are plenty of other horror shorts out there that could be collected creepshow style into a brand new movie. No need to remake it. Seems pretty silly actually.

yet they're remaking faces of death

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 03:15 AM
Yet another movie that seems odd to remake. Wasn't Faces supposed to be "Real"? Plus there were like 4 or 5 FOD. stupid stupid. :rolleyes: Why not just make Faces part 16 and leave it at that?

acealive1
24-Jun-2008, 03:25 AM
Yet another movie that seems odd to remake. Wasn't Faces supposed to be "Real"? Plus there were like 4 or 5 FOD. stupid stupid. :rolleyes: Why not just make Faces part 16 and leave it at that?

the doctor in the films was an actor,and most of the stuff u could tell was set up.

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 03:50 AM
the doctor in the films was an actor,and most of the stuff u could tell was set up.

I know that man. . . thus the quotes around "Real". But it really seems stupid to remake something that is not really a story or anything in the first place. That would be like remaking a documentary. . .kinda. . .

SRP76
24-Jun-2008, 04:05 AM
That would be like remaking a documentary. . .kinda. . .

Complete with changing things, like all remakes do:

"This is the story of Winston Churchill, a poor girl from the slums of Tijuana, who rose to prominence by rallying the spirits of Mexico to resist the Axis (of France, Brazil, and Outer Mongolia by the way) during World War II....which took place in 1985, in case you were wondering".

Danny
24-Jun-2008, 04:20 AM
no, its a product of its time and should stay as such.

clanglee
24-Jun-2008, 07:50 AM

"This is the story of Winston Churchill, a poor girl from the slums of Tijuana, who rose to prominence by rallying the spirits of Mexico to resist the Axis (of France, Brazil, and Outer Mongolia by the way) during World War II....which took place in 1985, in case you were wondering".

:lol::lol::lol:

AcesandEights
24-Jun-2008, 02:09 PM

Ah, a product of the Gainesville public school system, then?

:sneaky:

I keed, I keed :D

slickwilly13
24-Jun-2008, 03:35 PM
As long as Romero had control over it and maybe new stories. After watching part 3, no way I would give those people a chance if they remade part 2.

MaximusIncredulous
24-Jun-2008, 06:07 PM
No. If it's faithful, why bother?

acealive1
27-Jun-2008, 01:14 AM
No. If it's faithful, why bother?

there are things begging to be redone and improved in this movie. namely the scalping scene

SRP76
27-Jun-2008, 01:52 AM
there are things begging to be redone and improved in this movie. namely the scalping scene

For what? A scalping is a scalping. I don't need to see "enhanced scalping imagery".

acealive1
27-Jun-2008, 02:10 AM
For what? A scalping is a scalping. I don't need to see "enhanced scalping imagery".

i was talking of the corvette red blood they used

capncnut
27-Jun-2008, 10:31 AM
Gotta vote no on this. Creepshow 2 was a par sequel and nowhere near worthy of remaking.

laidbackzepfan
27-Jun-2008, 11:27 AM
I love the raft scene in Creepshow 2. This scene was very well done. You get your standard 80s nudity as well as some pretty scary stuff with a nice twist on the end when the ooze comes up on land to get that guy.

The hitchhiker scene was also pretty good, albeit, the dialogue was a little lame, "thanks for the ride lady" :lol:

RustyHicks
15-Aug-2008, 11:04 PM
Have to vote No.
Creepshow2 was all right but nothing to brag about
and nothing to cheer about if they remade it.

Bub666
15-Aug-2008, 11:29 PM
I voted no.Creepshow 2 is fine the way it is.

Yojimbo
15-Aug-2008, 11:45 PM

best...post...ever!

bassman
15-Aug-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm one of the few that never saw either of the Creepshow sequels....

RustyHicks
15-Aug-2008, 11:58 PM
You didn't miss much Bassman

Bub666
18-Aug-2008, 03:15 AM
I'm one of the few that never saw either of the Creepshow sequels....

Creepshow 3 is a horrible movie.

bassman
18-Aug-2008, 12:14 PM
Creepshow 3 is a horrible movie.

From what i hear, so is Creepshow 2.:(

SymphonicX
18-Aug-2008, 02:10 PM
I think it's fairly strong on it's own, with THe Raft being the best story. Michael Gornick's direction is competent and I love the story to the first episode....

Eyebiter
18-Aug-2008, 02:14 PM
Why would you remake an anthology movie? If your going to make another Creepshow make it number four.

SymphonicX
18-Aug-2008, 02:18 PM
with George Kennedy and the indian...thought he gave a cool performance and delivered what he was supposed to...

Also the guy with the long hair ended up as one of the cops in CSI Miami...haha