PDA

View Full Version : Since when did the big N turn green?

Rottedfreak
26-Jun-2008, 07:31 PM
Not fully supporting high def on the Wii and now I disocver the console uses a fraction what the other fuel guzzlers consume. I'm praying my 360 has a falcon chip.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/gaming-console-power-consumption-revisited-238837.php

Danny
26-Jun-2008, 07:37 PM
if memory serves greenpeace got mad because the wii's production gives off toxic substances, i know not what dark alchemical works shigsy is up to, but that blue glow could in fact be a flux capacitor.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2008, 08:19 PM
It's not just the amount it burns, it's about what goes into it's production.

E.G. The Toyota Prius, which - and this is true (shockingly) - causes more damage being made, than a Land Rover Discovery.

The Prius (1 ltr engine) also, doing 10 laps with a BMW M3 (4 ltr engine) on a track, does less MPG than the "fuel guzzling" M3.

:rockbrow: Indeed...

We don't waste energy in our house, so I'm not bothered. I'm more bothered about the millions of office buildings across the globe with lights blaring all day, every day, all year long - as well as the computers often being left on constantly. That I object to, that's a complete and utter waste.

Here at home, we don't use energy unnecessarily.

Rottedfreak
27-Jun-2008, 08:27 AM
You guys were right, not as green as I thought.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7407934.stm

Craig
27-Jun-2008, 01:08 PM
It's not just the amount it burns, it's about what goes into it's production.

E.G. The Toyota Prius, which - and this is true (shockingly) - causes more damage being made, than a Land Rover Discovery.

The Prius (1 ltr engine) also, doing 10 laps with a BMW M3 (4 ltr engine) on a track, does less MPG than the "fuel guzzling" M3.
Has someone been watching the new series of Top Gear? :p

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2008, 02:20 PM
Has someone been watching the new series of Top Gear? :p
Indeed I have! I just couldn't resist, considering the topic, to stick the boot in to the Prius, which is just a f*cking con job. :D