PDA

View Full Version : It was only a matter of ****ing time.

Danny
26-Jun-2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-lirobb0627,0,5611979.story

Six teens inspired by the notoriously violent video game "Grand Theft Auto" were in court Thursday on robbery charges after a crime spree that began with a late-night mugging outside a New Hyde Park supermarket, police said.

The Wednesday night robbery carried over into the early hours of Thursday morning as the teens paraded down the middle of a Garden City street armed with bats and a crowbar, the police said.

They robbed one motorist and smashed a passing van with a bat, Nassau police said.

"It was determined that they were emulating the character in that Grand Theft Auto game, going on a crime spree" using weapons and tactics inspired by the controversial video game, said Det. Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau police spokesman.

"We got certain admissions" from the boys, Repalone said.

All the boys were charged as adults.

Arrested and charged with first-degree robbery were Stephen Attard, 18, of 1st Avenue, New Hyde Park and Dylan Laird, 17, of Southborough, Mass.; a 14-year-old, 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, all males and all from New Hyde Park, were also charged with first-degree robbery. Their identities are being withheld by Newsday because they are juveniles.

Jaspreet Singh, 17, of Brown Place, New Hyde Park, was charged with criminal possession of stolen property. The 14, 15 and 16-year-old boys robbed a man of cash and property at around 11:30 p.m. as the victim left a Stop & Shop grocery store on Hillside and Stewart avenues in New Hyde Park, police said.

The three were then joined by the other boys and, after arming themselves with bats and a crowbar, they walked down Stewart Avenue in Garden City blocking the road, police said.

They robbed a female motorist of her cigarettes and hit a passing van with a bat, police said. The female victim notified police, who responded and arrested the teens.

All faced arraignment Thursday at First District Court, Hempstead.

WHAT IS THIS?!?

The gta defence?, do these kids demand compensation for being twats?

Forgive my squirelly ignorance but there the convicts in this situation, they commit the crimes, granted nothing as major as the trenchcoat mafia retards, but still.
Gta is like pleading insanity nowadays, the criminals suddenly decide "our fragile little minds were warped by this dark subject matter!", how in any way are these kids seen as the victims for going crazy?

to quote chris rock "whatever happened to 'crazy'?"

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2008, 08:15 PM
Ugh, they can all f*ck a duck.

Clearly GTA is not the problem, it's the few idiot freaks out of the vast majority who are to blame, all of whom tend to have easy access to guns, which is far scarier.

If GTA really was to blame there'd be literally millions of psycho's going postal across the globe.

Agreed, the whole "GTA made me do it" thing is pathetic ... also, it just goes to show how ignorant those officials involved are:

they were emulating the character in that Grand Theft Auto game

Which GTA? Which character? Don't just assume, or vaguely point, know what you're on about, or shut the f*ck up and blame it on the other factors, which might very well be:

*Drugs
*Alcohol
*Boredom
*Lack of parental guidance

Etc etc etc.

Danny
26-Jun-2008, 08:30 PM
theres also a politician, surprise surprise another american "up and comer" whos latest thing is to "search gta for the rape she knows is in there" :rolleyes:

SymphonicX
27-Jun-2008, 07:28 AM
The only place I want to rob after buying this game is the Tesco which I bought it at!

Danny
27-Jun-2008, 07:34 AM
*crickets*

*owl hooting*

*tumbleweed in the breeze*

*clock striking twelve*

*wolf howl*

*generic awkward pause effect*

I could go on but i feel thats adequate;)

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2008, 11:17 AM
Aye I posted about the woman searching for the rape scene in GTA IV - which never existed ever in the history of stuff - what a complete numpty she is.

Another one of those "I haven't seen it, but I was told about it" people, like those MediaWatch dickheads (formally whatever it was called under Mary-sodding-Whitehouse).

NUMPTIES!

I feel like I should be sat with my legs crossed with an eye patch on and my fingers interlinked talking to a chat show host behind the set itself with a camera wobbling around all over the place...

...that was a Dawn reference by the way, if you didn't get that, FORSHAME! :shifty:

slickwilly13
28-Jun-2008, 03:09 AM
Those punks will be owned after they are locked up. I haven't seen all of them, but so far none look harden enough to survive in the pen. Even the ones sent to juvi will get ****ed up.

SymphonicX
28-Jun-2008, 07:49 AM
*crickets*

*owl hooting*

*tumbleweed in the breeze*

*clock striking twelve*

*wolf howl*

*generic awkward pause effect*

I could go on but i feel thats adequate;)

If that was directed at me, **** you, I spent ages coming up with that!!!

:D:D

Rottedfreak
28-Jun-2008, 08:59 AM
GTA is the diseased heart of society and the root all evil. It caused World War 2! It set off Hitler! It sent Bush on the bender! GTA!

SymphonicX
28-Jun-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree, I don't recall a single moment in history when a murder was commited until GTA came out. I still blame it for 1776....

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree, I don't recall a single moment in history when a murder was commited until GTA came out. I still blame it for 1776....
And you just know that all that Spartan stuff kicked off after one side turned off the other's console right when they were in the middle of the final mission ... what a bunch of c*nts. :lol:

SymphonicX
28-Jun-2008, 11:02 AM
And you just know that all that Spartan stuff kicked off after one side turned off the other's console right when they were in the middle of the final mission ... what a bunch of c*nts. :lol:

Hey if I was a 300lb warrior looking mutha****a you'd better not be ****ing up my gamerscore either!!!!