PDA

View Full Version : Oh man i cant wait for tomorrow, bring on them darleks!

Danny
27-Jun-2008, 05:31 AM
rRS8hDCiH9M

clanglee
27-Jun-2008, 06:16 AM
rRS8hDCiH9M

Video not available. . what exactly was this supposed to be hell?

Danny
27-Jun-2008, 06:25 AM
works fine for me, on the site and embedded, maybe its because its the bbc you arent allowed to see it as its big spoiler for season 4 of dr.who.

clanglee
27-Jun-2008, 06:54 AM
works fine for me, on the site and embedded, maybe its because its the bbc you arent allowed to see it as its big spoiler for season 4 of dr.who.

Ahhhhhhh. . . .Dr. Who. . . . Well I don't care then. . .;)

Danny
27-Jun-2008, 07:13 AM
darleks was a clue:lol:

SymphonicX
27-Jun-2008, 09:49 AM
Awesome...can't wait to see Davros, it's been a long time!!

What the hell was up with Billie Pipers teeth and lisp in the last ep? Very odd.

capncnut
27-Jun-2008, 10:48 AM
rRS8hDCiH9M
F**k me sideways and call me CapnJack, that clip just gave me goosebumps. Long live the motorised dustbins! :thumbsup:

What the hell was up with Billie Pipers teeth and lisp in the last ep? Very odd.
Yeah, it was like she was doing a Bugs Bunny impression.

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2008, 11:34 AM
What is it with Torchwood folk and them all tonguing each other? It's like X-Files but with added bi-sexualism. :lol:

Yeah, it was like she was doing a Bugs Bunny impression.

I was thinking the same thing, and also - have you heard Danny Glover lately? Christ, he's either had caps put in or some dentures, cos he's "shushing" all over the shop - check out Be Kind Rewind to see what I mean, it's insane!

capncnut
28-Jun-2008, 07:01 PM
DID YOU F**KING SEE IT???

By far the best episode of the series and this two-part conclusion is already a classic in my eyes. What a cliffhanger!

Awesomeness. Sheer awesomeness. :cool:

Cykotic
28-Jun-2008, 07:14 PM
did i just see what i think i saw???

Rottedfreak
28-Jun-2008, 07:21 PM
It was awesome!
NEXT WEEKS IS TWENTY MINUTES LONGER!
BUT NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEK!

Danny
28-Jun-2008, 08:12 PM
FUUUUUUUCCKKKKK!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!11!!11!!!!ONE!

*Americans scratch there heads confused*

man you guys gotta wait ages for sci-fi to get this, THIS IS FOR SEASON 2 OF HEROES ONLY JUST FINISHING OVER HERE!:lol:

capncnut
28-Jun-2008, 08:20 PM
BUT NEXT WEEK IS NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEK!
Not for me mate, I've already had a look into the synopsis for next weeks episode. Oh f**k me... :(

Danny
28-Jun-2008, 09:44 PM
Not for me mate, I've already had a look into the synopsis for next weeks episode. Oh f**k me... :(

ive gotta look for it man, i cant wait for the story itself , theres a lot of people saying they heard someone stop for a second and hear the sound of drums.....:sneaky:

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2008, 10:02 PM
FUUUUCK ME RUNNING ROUND THE INSIDE OF A PING-PONG BALL!!! :eek:

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Non-stop awesomeness from start to finish, no drawn out exposition (the necessary amount was in amongst all the action, noiiice).

Sarah Jane was awesome in it too, well, the actress I mean. She did a bang up job when she first heard "EXTERMINATE!" come across the radio signals.

Fookin' nora it was awesome! And what's all this about him shooting fire out of his clothe-holes?! (Regenerating). B'ave!

I'm thinking there's something up 'ere, there's gotta be a catch, otherwise we'd have heard some sort of information prior. :shifty:

Don't be dropping spoilers though anyone who knows sh*t about next week's episode, which is bound to be an absolute ruddy corker!

Also - DAVROS! That bugger looks proper manky, bang-up job on re-creating him in all!

*gasps for air*

capncnut
28-Jun-2008, 10:47 PM
Don't be dropping spoilers though anyone who knows sh*t about next week's episode, which is bound to be an absolute ruddy corker!
The only spoiler I'll give is this: Get some Kleenex. Not just for the tears but also the jizz. :D

SymphonicX
29-Jun-2008, 07:31 AM
FUUUUCK ME RUNNING ROUND THE INSIDE OF A PING-PONG BALL!!! :eek:

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Non-stop awesomeness from start to finish, no drawn out exposition (the necessary amount was in amongst all the action, noiiice).

Sarah Jane was awesome in it too, well, the actress I mean. She did a bang up job when she first heard "EXTERMINATE!" come across the radio signals.

Fookin' nora it was awesome! And what's all this about him shooting fire out of his clothe-holes?! (Regenerating). B'ave!

I'm thinking there's something up 'ere, there's gotta be a catch, otherwise we'd have heard some sort of information prior. :shifty:

Also - DAVROS! That bugger looks proper manky, bang-up job on re-creating him in all!

*gasps for air*

there's not a "what he said" emoticon big enough to express my agreement!

Although if ANYONE know if there's going to be a new Doctor, and who he is, TELL ME!!!!

here's what I *think* will happen:

The next ep the doc won't regenerate properly, he'll get "a few more hours" to sort out the problem, then at the end of that ep he'll regenerate and I reckon it'll be some paradoxical thing whereby they bring in John Simms (The Master in Doc Who, and Life on Mars' main character) to play the next doctor...

Purely speculation though!!

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2008, 10:33 AM
I was so jazzed up about last night's episode, I had a dream they showed next week's episode this evening before Top Gear ... however in my dream it all went wrong and the episode was the most boring slice of crap ever.

Mid-way through the dream though, I figured out I was in a dream ... you know how you're in a dream and it's so convincing, or you're so "into" it that you just believe it to be the case? Yeah, like that, but then I figured out it was a dream part way through.

I remember one time I woke up after a really vivid dream, convinced I'd won a million quid ... the grin on my face, you shoulda seen how fast it dropped. :rolleyes:

Well I must say, the end of last night's episode certainly threw us a curve ball, but indeed, I don't think it's going to be a straight forward regeneration.

There'll be "loss" though I imagine, as there's been people telling Donna she'll have something to lose, or she'll die or whatever throughout the series, so something will have to happen there ...

...but I don't want to know anything if anyone knows anything! :eek:

On the topic of Donna though, I've found her to be a really good companion for the Doctor, I was sceptical at first to be honest, but she's done a really good job in the end. :)

capncnut
29-Jun-2008, 11:43 AM
Although if ANYONE know if there's going to be a new Doctor, and who he is, TELL ME!!!!
Not a plot spoiler, just an answer to Symphs q. Nonetheless, MZ should look away.

It's been confirmed that Tennant will stay for the Christmas special BUT it has been long rumoured that he and Russell T. Davies are leaving after that.

SymphonicX
29-Jun-2008, 11:51 AM
ARGHHH

thanks Capn!

Davros used to do a lot more shouting and screaming than in this ep!! I always remembered him banging his one hand on the thing he sits in and yelling at people...!!

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2008, 06:26 PM
ARGHHH

thanks Capn!

Davros used to do a lot more shouting and screaming than in this ep!! I always remembered him banging his one hand on the thing he sits in and yelling at people...!!
lol, Davros is a right nutter.

Perhaps he's a bit weak cos he's created an army of Daleks from his own body, remember when he unzipped his leather top thing and it was all minging under there, you could see into his chest and such ... indeed.

But then again, someone once said that truly evil and intimidating people need not shout.

Capn - I didn't look at the spoiler, so I'm still in the dark here ... man am I tempted to look though ... oooooooooooooooooh-ooh!

Cykotic
29-Jun-2008, 07:51 PM
jUOa_XxfopM

CornishCorpse
29-Jun-2008, 10:50 PM
Only managed to watch this one today thanks to iplayer and damn good episode.

Ive always thought the daleks were by far the lamest villains in exsistence but my opinion has been shattered. They may not be number one but those insane buckets of bolts sure are something. Great acting I thought all the way through when the first " EXTERMINATE!" came to ground communications and even though I thought the captain jack guy is a bit meh good acting on him. The look on his face and just the whole "theres nothing I can do. Im sorry" was bit whoah to see as Im a torchwood fan and if anyones going to survive it cept for the doctor I thought it would be capn jack but he actually looked scared awesome.

Some epic shots which may be soon going up as my background and a new doctor? I think we would have learnt something before about a new doctor. My theory is this ( possible spoilers? Im just that good :D )

The Doctor is hurt so badly, he cant properly regenerate completely so Donna gets the tardis and shifts ass back to the police of the edge of space thing. Some alien superbeing somehow I dont know..energy soul whatever is taken from donna and used to heal the Doctor back to his last form. Since he didnt regernate himself so its the same version of the doctor, donna has the loss she was warned about no new doctor and maybe the doctor will hook up with a new assistant or possibly an old one? Whatd you think guys? Oh also Donna`s family survive thanks to Billy`s protection.

capncnut
05-Jul-2008, 12:27 PM
Just a few more hours kiddies and all will be revealed...

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2008, 05:09 PM
I'll have to record it, then watch it after it's finished (dinner round 'ere is usually after six, so it's too tight a squeeze like).

Still though, there's an excuse to watch an episode of Life on Mars (I recently started going through them, as I'd not seen it when it was on telly) ... then shove in Dr Who's awesome finale ... then some more LoM. :D

*additional* This is my 11,111th post! SO MANY ONES!!!!11!11!!1!!! :eek:

Rottedfreak
05-Jul-2008, 07:04 PM
Feeble but:
Davros was great
Daleks speaking German was surreal
Christmas trailer.

capncnut
05-Jul-2008, 07:21 PM
EXTERMINATEN!
EXTERMINATEN!

:lol:

I really enjoyed the episode but the ending was far too overlong for my liking.

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2008, 09:28 PM
I think the ending was as long as it needed to be really, there was a lot of loose ends and such, lots of characters to send hither and thither, the whole Donna thing, then Rose and Part-Human Doctor and all sorts.

If it had been skimped on, the more emotional impact of it all would have been lost I reckon.

Top episode though. :)

capncnut
05-Jul-2008, 09:38 PM
And we got the Cybermen this Christmas, with the possibility of a new companion (or two) to check out! I wonder what's gonna happen with that?

Danny
05-Jul-2008, 10:20 PM
after it did the normal run length it just ended in mindless fan service, good, but the previous episode was better, this was like a bad episode of star trek voyager near the end.

Nice to see cybermen in the olden days though.

Cykotic
06-Jul-2008, 07:30 AM
can someone answer this question

does anyone else think that perhaps mickey and martha are joining torchwood to replace tosh and owen?

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2008, 10:20 AM
does anyone else think that perhaps mickey and martha are joining torchwood to replace tosh and owen?

Blates.

Hopefully they'll make Torchwood more "adult" like was original intended, and avoid all the teenage soap opera style stomping of feet and whining. Series 2 was a 50/50 mix of that sort of stupidity where you think "these people are defending the earth?", and some actually really good episodes - such as the last couple, where the sense of loss was properly rendered and it was actually dramatic and gripping.

So Torchwood, when done properly, is good ... but they've tended to also make some really stupid, rubbish and generally groan-inducing episodes.

Anyway, yeah, last night's episode wasn't quite as gripping as last week's, but that was bound to happen. Still a great episode though, and I still stand by the tying off of all the characters at the end, if people just disappeared or it was like "aiiight, laterz" you lot would be pissing and moaning about that.

Last night's episode was displaying some of that "deep character stuff", remember what that used to be the rage, before garbage like Yawn04 and 300 and Date Movie?

It had to be done, and I found it just as interesting as the rest of the show - because I did want to see where everybody went, otherwise you'd just have sloppy, loose ends and not enough closure.

I thought the last shot of the Doctor, all on his tod in the Tardis, on his own again, was a great way to end it - suited the more thoughtful final 10 to 20 minutes of the show.

I also liked how his counter part (from his hand) was deliberately put into Rose's alternate universe as he'd committed genocide against the Daleks, the second Doctor did have a sense of danger about him which I thought was portrayed very subtly, but very strongly on the other hand - you totally sensed it. Plus it was nice, because then Rose could shack up with the Doctor, without actually shacking up with the Doctor ... a cheeky slice of having their cake and eating it too. :)

SymphonicX
07-Jul-2008, 02:23 PM
Sorry I thought the last episode was total and utter gash. No surprises he didn't really regenerate, but what did surprise me was the over-the-top "tearjerker" moments of the whole epsiode. Nothing felt clever like they have in the other finales, and everything and everyone was so completely hammy and stupid it left me feeling like I'd just watched some 80s cheeseball feel good movie. Bring back the dark sci-fi. Nothing exciting happened in this one, it was just another case of someone pressing clever buttons and spouting outlandish science until the bad guys had gone...instead this time it was Donna and not the Doctor. Bah.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2008, 03:43 PM
I thought it was pretty dark - Donna had all those adventures and did and saw so much, but because the knowledge she gained from the Doctor would have eventually killed her, she had her mind wiped and then her mother and grandfather would have to keep it all secret for the rest of her life.

The Doctor's clone commits genocide against the Daleks and is ostracised to another dimension where Rose can keep an eye on him (and yes, get her privates poked by him).

The Doctor himself, then loses all his companions to other times/places/organisations and ends up - yet again like always - completely alone.

I think that's pretty dark, especially ending on a final shot of just the Doctor, all on his tod, once more.

Poor bugger.

SymphonicX
07-Jul-2008, 04:31 PM
ahh i dunno, felt the "dark" element was just too cheesy and melodramatic. There was nothing that made me feel unhappy or dishevelled from it, I just cringed all the way through....I can't remember how many times I said "oh my god" before laughing.

Danny
07-Jul-2008, 06:17 PM
same here.

"hello captain cheesecake"

davis is truly a master of the linguistic arts.:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2008, 06:53 PM
Geez, you people...:rolleyes:

DawnGirl27
06-Oct-2008, 11:46 PM
I first saw Dr. Who on Public Television in my teens here in the US, and Tom Baker was the first one I knew, so have a soft spot for him. We had a convention here in Fargo years ago; Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane) came and we got to have a Q & A with her. She was extremely nice and it was a great time.
I was excited to hear we were getting a "new" Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) and it was going to air on SciFi, so when it started I felt like a kid again.
Great series, but wish more Americans knew who Dr. Who was....What a shame. :(

capncnut
07-Oct-2008, 08:43 AM
Tom Baker was the first one I knew, so have a soft spot for him.
http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object2/169/5/l10670051703_332.jpg

"Would you like a jellybaby?" :D

DawnGirl27
07-Oct-2008, 04:22 PM
:lol: Yes, please! :D

capncnut
12-Oct-2008, 11:23 PM
Yup, according to all the UK tabloids, all seven surviving Doctors - Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, and current Doctor David Tennant - will reunite for a one off TV special (Children In Need) on November 14th. Get up there!

Click (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3183974/Seven-Dr-Whos-set-for-reunion.html) for article.

Also sources reveal that Tennant is staying on for the next season.

Danny
13-Oct-2008, 06:46 AM
i heard the other day that patrick Stewart's joining the show as a new timelord character,which sound neat.

-also heard russel brands after replacing tennant.

yeaaaaah,-no.

MinionZombie
13-Oct-2008, 10:09 AM
lol, Brand? I calls fakies on that. :lol:

Next series? I thought they were just doing specials from now on for a bit? Or perhaps that's what the sources mean, he's staying on for the specials.

Well that's good, cos Tennant rocks as the Doctor. :cool:

The Children in Need thing sounds pretty kick ass too, last year's double-Doctor thing was rather good too.

DawnGirl27
13-Oct-2008, 09:46 PM
That would be beyond awesome to have that reunion, although if we'd ever see it over here in the States....Please, please, please, SciFi channel! :p Patrick Stewart would be a great addition in an episode or two, as well. Great actor.
Hopefully Tennant will be staying another year - he makes a great Doctor...

capncnut
14-Oct-2008, 06:18 AM
i heard the other day that patrick Stewart's joining the show as a new timelord character,which sound neat.
Doctor Who and Star Trek does not mix. Well not to the die hards.

That would be beyond awesome to have that reunion, although if we'd ever see it over here in the States....Please, please, please, SciFi channel!
Doubt if it would make the Sci-Fi Channel but you can bet yer ass it will be on You Tube. You can count on me (or someone else) to send a link. :D