PDA

View Full Version : Letting them out earlier just because there's a shortage of room is madness...

Neil
27-Jun-2008, 06:27 AM
If a judge has said someone should server 5 years, MAKE THEM SERVER 5 YEARS...

Don't let them out just because the government has squandered our money and failed to spend money on building more facilities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7476678.stm

SRP76
27-Jun-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm sick of hearing about "not enough room". This "two to a cell" crap is more than they deserve; it's a little something called "prison". It's not supposed to be Disney World. If naval sailors (the people that are not only obeying the law, but risking their ****ing lives for the society) can room 30-plus people into a 20-foot by 30-foot berthing, they can damn sure fit plenty of convicts into the space they have available. Just start stuffing their asses in. I see no need for convicts to be comfortable.

Terran
27-Jun-2008, 02:26 PM
I see no need for convicts to be comfortable.

Well a lot of them will be released at some point in time...Is the point of prison to make people worse than they were when they went in?... Thats part of the probelm now, we care so little for how they are treated in prison and then we complain that these people come out of prison worse than when they went in....

Prison is not just "punishment" because whats the use in punishing someone if not to adjust a persons behavior... so some "rehabilitation" should be included....otherwise whats the point?...

Judge: "Okay you are guilty of drug possesion with the intent to distribute. I hereby sentence you to 10 years of criminal boot camp... If all goes according to plan when you get out, youll be nastier, more violent, and more criminally compentant with a network of other criminals to associate yourself with. Bonus points if you get involved with a gang."

I'm sick of hearing about "not enough room". This "two to a cell" crap is more than they deserve; it's a little something called "prison". It's not supposed to be Disney World.

Its hardly disney world even when it is "two to a cell" or three to a cell.

Theres a couple places here in the states where places are so over crowded that I have taken a large portion of "the yard" and set up a "tent city" where they house inmates. Guards regulary "toss" tents to search for weapons drugs and other stuff....its a very dangerous situation for both guards and inmates.

I guess we could always raise taxes to build more prisons....and once they fill up rinse and repeat....