PDA

View Full Version : just what the world needs...

Mike70
27-Jun-2008, 06:44 PM
a red sonja movie.

found this on scifiwire today:

McGowan In New Red Sonja

USA Today reported that Grindhouse director Robert Rodriguez will produce a new film adaptation of Red Sonja, starring his real-life girlfriend, Rose McGowan.

McGowan would play the flame-haired comic-book warrior in a movie slated to open in 2010, the newspaper reported.

The film will be an origin story, to be directed by longtime Rodriguez associate Douglas Aarniokoski, and will take its cues from the comic books, as well as works by pulp novelist Robert E. Howard, father of the original Sonja (then spelled Sonya) and Conan the Barbarian (also undergoing a movie revival).

i wonder if arnold will play her sidekick in this one?

clanglee
27-Jun-2008, 07:57 PM
I am all for a good version of Sonya. That would be awesome. With Rodriguez at the helm, it might be bretty tasty.

That being said. . the original was so bad that my eyes STILL haven't fully recovered from viewing that travesty. It was too silly. . .much too silly. That stupid asian prince kid with his annoying fat lapdog with the bone club . . made the princess and Bombata in Conan the Destroyer look like characters of almost Dickensian depth and sensitivity. :barf:

Mike70
27-Jun-2008, 08:07 PM
That stupid asian prince kid with his annoying fat lapdog with the bone club

jesus h., that kid along with short round would easily get my vote as most annoying kid in a movie ever.

"you cheat dr. jones!"

:hurl:

EvilNed
27-Jun-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't know. Movies where the producers/directors cast their own sweethearts as the kick ass heroine rarely turn out good.