PDA

View Full Version : This is just ridiculous!

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/awbb.htm#Poisoned_Relationships

In one example, a woman could not kiss her daughter goodbye on a school trip because she had not been vetted. In another, a mother was surprised to be told by another parent that she and her husband were "CRB checked" when their children played together. In a third example, a father was given "filthy looks" by a group of mothers when he took his child swimming on his own.

I mean, come on! :eek::annoyed::rant:

SymphonicX
29-Jun-2008, 11:15 AM
I got "the websense catagory adult content is filtered" ie: work computer says NO!

Enlighten me :)

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2008, 06:24 PM
The Melon Farmer's article is based on this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2008/06/25/noindex/nchild.xml&CMP=EMC-expat2008

The reason Melon Farmers didn't come up is they are sponsored by adult businesses among others, but there is a version of the site which doesn't feature any such adverts - but it's far from dodgy, trust.

Essentially going on about the 'guilty until proven innocent' society we are living in today, in connection with the issue of adults having to get those criminal background checks, or being assumed to be kiddy fiddlers by default - in other words - f*cking disgusting.

It's supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty", and clearly people are fed up with it, but oh no - as usual - Labour isn't listening and couldn't give a toss about how an important perception has been flipped completely by 180 degrees.

Innocent until proven guilty - that's how it's supposed to be.

I mean, there's clearly something exceptionally rotten in denver, when a father can't take his kid swimming without a gaggle of mothers giving him dirty looks - I mean that is absolutely astonishing.

Mike70
01-Jul-2008, 12:15 AM
that is one of the most fu*king ridiculous things i've ever read. i am all for background checks on people who are going to work with or have authority over children - teachers, coaches, scout leaders, etc. BUT PARENT'S???? give me a f*cking break please.

try to stop me from kissing my child goodbye because of some govt. idiocy and i'd have your ass boyo for sure and if the sheriff had to get involved after, well it be time well spent in the clink.

i love the UK but am increasingly glad that i don't live there.

SRP76
01-Jul-2008, 03:21 AM
What is "vetted"?