PDA

View Full Version : Alright, yall can go ahead and revoke my Zombie status.

sgrosse
30-Jun-2008, 06:13 AM
Hello, I havent been on here in a long long time. But I had to just drop in and tell you about something incredibly stupid I did the other day.

Kay, Im one of those people that really liked the original Day of the dead. I havent had a copy of it in some time and thought that I would go out and buy it. So off to the store I go and purchased my copy. When I got home I got my room mate and some beer and put it in.

It was not Romero's Day of the Dead.

It was the remake. I accidentally grabbed the wrong copy by mistake and bought it. To make matters worse I watched this train wreck they called a movie all the way through and it was borderline unwatchable.

Just thought I would share that.

EvilNed
30-Jun-2008, 11:50 AM
My Eyes!!!

wayzim
30-Jun-2008, 02:03 PM
Hello, I havent been on here in a long long time. But I had to just drop in and tell you about something incredibly stupid I did the other day.

Kay, Im one of those people that really liked the original Day of the dead. I havent had a copy of it in some time and thought that I would go out and buy it. So off to the store I go and purchased my copy. When I got home I got my room mate and some beer and put it in.

It was the remake. I accidentally grabbed the wrong copy by mistake and bought it. To make matters worse I watched this train wreck they called a movie all the way through and it was borderline unwatchable.

Just thought I would share that.

This reminds me about being a huge fan of the 70's Sci Fi series V, by Kenneth Johnson, about aliens arriving with promises of peace only to establish a fascist world state. Scaly aliens hiding behind human masks, hot women eating mice and guinea pigs, human traitors and good lizard aliens(Robert Englund among them ).
So when I'd heard Kenneth Johnson had a book version, I rushed down to my local bookstore and ordered a copy. Now this is the ugly days before internet ordering, so I waited until they called me up to say it was in, ready for some Science Fiction goodness, only to find they'd sent me a copy of Thomas Pynchon's V instead (don't ask )
I finally got the right book, but damn I felt like an idiot.

Wayne Z

Legion2213
30-Jun-2008, 02:50 PM
So off to the store I go and purchased my copy. When I got home I got my room mate and some beer and put it in.

It was the remake.

"oh the humanity"

'nuff said. :D

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 03:18 PM
That really sucks, man.

Do people not read or look at dvds before they purchase them anymore?:rockbrow:

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 04:57 PM
Do people not read or look at dvds before they purchase them anymore?:rockbrow:
We discussed this before: commercial DVD cover art has been homogenized so that every release looks the same. See the Night of the Living Dead 40th-anniversary release, for example.

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 05:13 PM
You see, what you do is turn over the box and look at the back. Usually the words on there clarify what film it is. And if one should choose to not read it, the pictures should cover it.

ESPECIALLY if it's a film they've seen before....

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 05:48 PM
You see, what you do is turn over the box and look at the back. Usually the words on there clarify what film it is. And if one should choose to not read it, the pictures should cover it.
Right, did you buy the Night of the Living Dead 40th release? The DVD art (photos and text, front and back) is a joke. They even doctored some of the photos to make them appear more "modern." Only a diehard fan would know the difference between this release and the deluge of bootlegs being sold.

Any version of DAWN or DAY that is sold puts money in Richard Rubinstein's pocket. Do you think it's a coincidence that there is product confusion?

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 06:01 PM
The date of the film is also placed on the boxes.:confused:

True, they make the boxes that way so they can make more money, but anyone with any lick of common sense and 2.5 seconds worth of free time can investigate and see if it's the film they're looking for....

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 06:21 PM
True, they make the boxes that way so they can make more money, but anyone with any lick of common sense and 2.5 seconds worth of free time can investigate and see if it's the film they're looking for....
I'm just trying to give this poor guy the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is a diehard that reads the tiny writing on a DVD box.

Besides, any true Romero fan should be smart enough to avoid every remake since Contagium, so don't get me started. :D

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry, but if you pick up the disc, pay for it, and walk out of the store without ever looking at the back of the box, you deserve to get some sh*t. I mean....would you buy a carton of eggs without checking to see if they're broken? Or milk without checking the expiration date?

If it's too hard to read/investigate the product, then I don't think you should complain about getting duped into buying the wrong one.

Mike70
30-Jun-2008, 06:45 PM
take it back. claim it is defective (being a complete piece of crap is close enough) get your money back and buy the original.

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 06:57 PM
I mean....would you buy a carton of eggs without checking to see if they're broken? Or milk without checking the expiration date?
I wouldn't buy eggs unless they are free-range and not factory-raised in total filth, but most oblivious consumers do. Are they getting what they deserve, too?

sgrosse has taken it on the chin and admitted his mistake. He won't be able to take the disc back for a refund, and if he claims it's defective, they're only going to replace it with the same title. Why you gotta beat up on the guy? :D

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm just saying that complaining about buying the wrong product because he didn't properly investigate the product is like bringing a knife to a gun fight....

MinionZombie
30-Jun-2008, 08:10 PM
How could you not tell the difference between Day85 and Ghey08?

I mean ... look:

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/day-of-the-dead-movie-cover-small.jpg

http://www.brownfido.com/DogPoopPOO1.jpg

*above is fake poo, still gets the point across though*

Or indeed, to come back to reality ... this:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/reviews/dayremakeb.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist, I simply had to otherwise the space-time-continuum was gonna go on strike for a week. :)

DubiousComforts
30-Jun-2008, 08:35 PM
How could you not tell the difference between Day85 and Ghey08?
Now wait a sec, didn't you actually watch this movie and post a bitch list about it? Were you born yesterday? Why on Earth would you actually give it a chance? Is your time truly that worthless to you?

At least sgrosse is admitting his error. I'm still waiting for everyone else do the same. (I'm also waiting for chocolate air.) :p

sandrock74
01-Jul-2008, 04:14 AM
I am proud to say that I have never seen this "remake" of Day AND I have passed it by several times on the dvd shelves in stores!

Yay me!

Danny
01-Jul-2008, 07:20 AM
Now wait a sec, didn't you actually watch this movie and post a bitch list about it? Were you born yesterday? Why on Earth would you actually give it a chance? Is your time truly that worthless to you?

At least sgrosse is admitting his error. I'm still waiting for everyone else do the same. (I'm also waiting for chocolate air.) :p

what about chocolate rain, is that close enough?

sgrosse
01-Jul-2008, 08:34 AM
hey like I said it was a mistake. but let me make a couple of things clear. I am 29 years old. and a life long zombie fan, which means that I have bought this movie more times than I care to mention. I wasnt even aware that there was a remake version out or at least I had forgotton. I cant remember which. I also work sixty hours a week, so after the end of a 13 hour shift if you see day of the dead, well, you see day of the dead. It even said george romero on the cover. albeit in small print(really should have looked closer).

But here is the funny thing. I loved the dawn remake. So when I saw sprinting zombies I was kinda stoked. But then they started crawling on the ceilings and shooting guns and all sorts of Zombie shananigans and That pretty much ended it. But hey, I admit I made a mistake. Most adults here can understand if you work all the time you rarely have time to go out and buy anything. And when you are going out to buy something as trivial(yes I said it, any movie really is trivial in the grand scheme of things) you are going to every once in a while make a mistake. I made one here and thought it would be kinda funny for some other posters on here. Especially ones that have not made romero there lives and can actually see how some one could commit such and aggregious sin as this.

and believe me, after watching this movie, it felt like God was punishing me.

MinionZombie
01-Jul-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes I did do a bitch list for it, so I could specifically justify my bitching about it - as well as to garner more examples of how sh*t it was to bitch about - and because people on here wanted to know what I thought of it in bitch list form. :)

I'm not the one who bought it though. :p

It is atrocious though, it really is.

Watching a sh*t-gash movie without making a bitch list, is a waste of time, watching one while noting all it's flaws in a funny way isn't so much.

For example, I watched 21 recently ... I didn't make a bitch list during that ... it was a significant waste of 2 hours.

Redman6565
01-Jul-2008, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't buy eggs unless they are free-range and not factory-raised in total filth, but most oblivious consumers do. Are they getting what they deserve, too?

sgrosse has taken it on the chin and admitted his mistake. He won't be able to take the disc back for a refund, and if he claims it's defective, they're only going to replace it with the same title. Why you gotta beat up on the guy? :D

Oh my. What is it you do for fun? You have to be the most up tight person on this site. You need to take up hunting and see if you can find your sense of humor. If you ever had one. For obvious reasons I don't think so. Oh just an idea for you to consider. Make sure you clean your raw chicken and heat it to a safe temp before you eat it regardless of where it roamed.

hey like I said it was a mistake. but let me make a couple of things clear. I am 29 years old. and a life long zombie fan, which means that I have bought this movie more times than I care to mention. I wasnt even aware that there was a remake version out or at least I had forgotton. I cant remember which. I also work sixty hours a week, so after the end of a 13 hour shift if you see day of the dead, well, you see day of the dead. It even said george romero on the cover. albeit in small print(really should have looked closer).

But here is the funny thing. I loved the dawn remake. So when I saw sprinting zombies I was kinda stoked. But then they started crawling on the ceilings and shooting guns and all sorts of Zombie shananigans and That pretty much ended it. But hey, I admit I made a mistake. Most adults here can understand if you work all the time you rarely have time to go out and buy anything. And when you are going out to buy something as trivial(yes I said it, any movie really is trivial in the grand scheme of things) you are going to every once in a while make a mistake. I made one here and thought it would be kinda funny for some other posters on here. Especially ones that have not made romero there lives and can actually see how some one could commit such and aggregious sin as this.

and believe me, after watching this movie, it felt like God was punishing me.

Well if you want to feel better go pick up Day of the Dead 2 and Zombie 3. These are 2 classic movies you have to see. :D

DubiousComforts
02-Jul-2008, 12:36 AM
I loved the dawn remake. So when I saw sprinting zombies I was kinda stoked.
Now I take it all back. You got what you so justly deserved!

what about chocolate rain, is that close enough?
Eeeewwww!

Oh my. What is it you do for fun? You have to be the most up tight person on this site.
'Uptight' is one word, not two words. Uptight. It would also be helpful to communicate your inferiority complex in complete sentences, thanks. :p