PDA

View Full Version : IGN's 'The Dark Knight' review - 5 stars

CoinReturn
30-Jun-2008, 04:54 PM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/884/884876p1.html

A few quotes from the text:

suffice it to say that The Dark Knight qualifies as the first official comic book adaptation that truly succeeds in being a great artistic achievement in its own right.

Meanwhile, the violence is quite possibly the most intense I have ever seen in a PG-13 film, leaving myself and others wondering how The Dark Knight avoided an R. But what is more disturbing is the unrelenting menace that hovers over every scene like a dark cloud.

Overall, the film does maintain a steady pace and function with such continuously unnerving momentum that it occasionally seems like a second installment. (There are plenty of appropriate comparisons to other sequels its quality mirrors, if not possibly surpasses: Toy Story 2, The Empire Strikes Back, The Godfather Part II, etc.) In fact, so well-executed is this film that even the title – or at least its true meaning – seemed to catch its audience off guard, until it gets explained, expertly and poetically, at the very end of the movie.

bassman
30-Jun-2008, 05:11 PM
These Dark Knight threads should all be merged as one, imo.

Good read, though. Thanks Coin.

AICN has a good review for the film as well. With spoilers clearly marked at the bottom.

This film hasn't gotten a bad review yet. Yeah, boi!

ProfessorChaos
01-Jul-2008, 03:13 AM
once again, i'm starting to think i should pull a cartman and freeze myself for the next couple of weeks. anticipation levels are astronomical in my little world. watched batman begins again the other day, and i still get all jittery when lt. gordon flips over the joker's "card".

this movie is gonna kick so much a$$.

ProfessorChaos
04-Jul-2008, 06:24 AM
just got my tickets reserved online....now i just gotta wait 2 weeks.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2008, 10:57 AM
Laaaaame - I've gotta wait a whole MONTH to see this!!!

I'm SO up for it, that waiting for it is like tantric sex - nobody gets to come! :lol:

Danny
04-Jul-2008, 12:27 PM
Laaaaame - I've gotta wait a whole MONTH to see this!!!

I'm SO up for it, that waiting for it is like tantric sex - nobody gets to come! :lol:

you sound like finch preparing for stiflers mom.

Ive gotta watch american pie 2 again, seems like the right time.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/jokerposter.jpg

Just got this and a sweet ass superbad poster from HMV, this ones a HMV exclusive, not as good as the why so serious one but i dig it, can you get this one over there bassman?

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2008, 06:43 PM
I was gonna get a Joker face t-shirt, but where I was looking they were at least a size too small ... I mean, I'm and XL t-shirt wearer, but to be honest, and XXL would provide the sort of proper relaxed fit we all enjoy.

But for some reason, t-shirt makers are really lazy about going above L. :rolleyes:

I'm not very tall, but I am sturdy ... so how on earth can someone who's tall and muscle bound find anything cool like a Joker-face tee, to wear?! :shifty:

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 02:44 PM
Not only did TDK sell out Imax 12am shows to where they had to open 3am shows....but now they've had to go to 6 am shows. And from what I hear, it's well on it's way, if not already past the title of the fastest pre-sale ever. This movie is going to be HUGE...

CoinReturn
10-Jul-2008, 07:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/bigdaddyferret/darkknight.jpg
Yep, I'm ready. :D

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 08:02 PM
:lol:

Me too, Coin. Me too...

We'll see who's first to get a reviews thread started.:elol:

CoinReturn
12-Jul-2008, 08:57 PM
Ebert and Roeper's review: