PDA

View Full Version : sacha baron cohen to play sherlock holmes...

Mike70
02-Jul-2008, 05:18 PM
and will ferrell with play watson. this is one of the craziest god damn things i've heard in a long time.

this has crappy, one joke comedy written all over it. being a life long holmes fan i can't see for the life of me how these characters can be played for laughs. it has tried in the past and has resulted in giant fails.

ugh.

Comedians Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen will star in a forthcoming film about fictional detective Sherlock Holmes.

Ali G funnyman Cohen will play the pipe-smoking sleuth, with Ferrell as his partner Watson in the as-yet-untitled film.

Matt Tolmach, co-president of production for Columbia Pictures, tells Variety.com, "Just the idea of Sacha and Will as Sherlock Holmes and Watson makes us laugh.

"Sacha and Will are two of the funniest and most talented guys on the planet, and having them take on these two iconic characters is frankly hilarious."

capncnut
02-Jul-2008, 05:23 PM
this has crappy, one joke comedy written all over it. being a life long holmes fan i can't see for the life of me how these characters can be played for laughs. it has tried in the past and has resulted in giant fails.
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore didn't do too bad of a comedy take on The Hound Of The Baskervilles but yeah I agree with you. I think I'll stick to the old Basil Rathbone movies. :dead:

SRP76
03-Jul-2008, 02:08 AM
Never heard of this guy. So, he must not be worthy of my viewing.

Mike70
03-Jul-2008, 02:19 AM
Never heard of this guy. So, he must not be worthy of my viewing.

the dude who plays ali G and borat. that guy.

clanglee
03-Jul-2008, 02:20 AM
Ali G? Borat? Come on man!! ;)

I go against the grain on Will Farrell. . I like him. He's funny.

As for them both in a Shelock movie. . .hmmm. . .might be good. Dunno. . .we'll see.

Mike70
03-Jul-2008, 02:23 AM
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore didn't do too bad of a comedy take on The Hound Of The Baskervilles but yeah I agree with you. I think I'll stick to the old Basil Rathbone movies. :dead:

peter cook and dudley moore these are most defo not.

clanglee
03-Jul-2008, 02:37 AM
peter cook and dudley moore these are most defo not.

Dudley Moore. . .:|. .just never found him that funny.

Peter Cook however was a riot. He was the bishop in the Princess Bride. "Mawage!!"

Danny
03-Jul-2008, 07:13 AM
"my name-a sherlock, i like you. i like disco dance, and sexy time, wa-wu-wee-woo!"

bassman
03-Jul-2008, 11:58 AM
There's also a serious Holmes film in the works. I think Madonna's husband is directing?