PDA

View Full Version : August 29th 2008 - jizzy time! (Stalker: Clear Sky)

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=070308_5

Have a goosey gander at this 5 minute long atmosphere video. :D

I hope this game is better optimised, but then by the time it's out I should be playing it on a new computer (although said comp won't actually be mine, but I will have access to it).

Anyway - woooooooo!!!

Colour me "gay for STALKER" all over again, lads. :)

Danny
03-Jul-2008, 08:08 PM
Whilst its well known you think stalker is FAAAAAAABULOUSSSSSS!, i cant get more than a few missions in because its so bloody hard!!

-and no i dont want to cheat because it takes away from the experience.

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2008, 08:26 PM
and no i dont want to cheat because it takes away from the experience

Pfft.

Well that's your too bad then, eh. :D

The key experience of STALKER has nothing to do with health preserving or that wank, it's to do with the story and most importantly - the setting.

So you missed out on a whole arse load of awesome.

Danny
03-Jul-2008, 08:43 PM
Pfft.

Well that's your too bad then, eh. :D

The key experience of STALKER has nothing to do with health preserving or that wank, it's to do with the story and most importantly - the setting.

So you missed out on a whole arse load of awesome.

cheat (cht)
v. cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats
v.tr.
1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
4. To elude; escape: cheat death.
v.intr.
1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.
3. Informal To be sexually unfaithful: cheat on a spouse.
n.
1. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.
2. One who cheats; a swindler.
3. Law Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.
4. Botany An annual European species of brome grass (Bromus secalinus) widely naturalized in temperate regions.

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2008, 08:51 PM
cheat (cht)
v. cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats
v.tr.
1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
4. To elude; escape: cheat death.
v.intr.
1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.
3. Informal To be sexually unfaithful: cheat on a spouse.
n.
1. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.
2. One who cheats; a swindler.
3. Law Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.
4. Botany An annual European species of brome grass (Bromus secalinus) widely naturalized in temperate regions.
:rolleyes:

Once again HPOTD saps all the joy out of my posting...:bored:

capncnut
03-Jul-2008, 10:40 PM
Cheats are put in games for enjoyment but it is a fact that if one has to cheat in order to complete the game then it is a sign of pure utter lameness.

But if it's to enhance the experience post-completion then fine.

Craig
03-Jul-2008, 10:58 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R seems like such a perfect game for me, I don't know why I never bought it... Maybe it's always been the risk of spending money on a game that may not even run, or run well, on my PC.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2008, 10:42 AM
They patched it up to v1.5 as far as I'm currently aware, and by that stage performance had been improved upon frame rate wise.

I've got an ATI Radeon 9600 256mb graphics card, an AMD Athlon 2400+ processor, and 1gig of RAM and I've played it through three times. It's certainly not with top graphics, but I was able to boost them a bit after v1.5 - I'm hoping that Clear Sky will have far better optimisation so that you can not only get better performance, but better graphics.

Now, I've got Direct X 9c - however, for some reason, I could never get STALKER to work on DX9 settings. It seemed to work on DX8 settings - which made no sense as I've got DX9 - I figure that was down to optimisation problems, in that there was probably a lighting feature that was just "ON" all the time with DX9 that I couldn't handle ... meh, duno.

I'll be looking to play Clear Sky on my folk's new machine though, it should run pretty smooth on that - it'll be Dual Core 64bit this and 2gig that ... not a superb graphics card, but no doubt one better than my 9600 is now.

But I will also try it on my rig just to see the difference. :)

Also - cheating is a-okay as long as it's not in multiplayer or online. Nuff said. If you wanna cheat in single player, by all means I say, because not everyone plays games for the 'challenge of staying alive' and then having to re-do stuff over and over.

Games are so much more than that these days, they're interactive movies. You wanna see everything, do everything etc - and sometimes cheats come in handy for that - or indeed a trainer - and sometimes only as a safety net if you will.

Otherwise, with Xbox360, I've only cheated on one game - cos I could - and have completed them all. But I would like cheats in something like GTA IV, god mode like, so I could go on MONSTER rampages...

But yeah, that's my thoughts on it ... yet again.

Danny
04-Jul-2008, 12:13 PM
Different strokes and all that. me i bloody love getting stuck, to the point fo swearing at a game on legendary , and spending ages trying to figure out the best way to win, then i can earn that victory erkle dance!

Neil
04-Jul-2008, 12:15 PM
A better link for some maybe... http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/31072/PC/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2008, 06:41 PM
A better link for some maybe... http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/31072/PC/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky
Why, ActionTrip not good enough for ya?! :p

What do you reckon of the video, Neil?

Neil
04-Jul-2008, 07:28 PM
Why, ActionTrip not good enough for ya?! :p

What do you reckon of the video, Neil?

I think that one loaded better for me, and is bigger?

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2008, 09:19 PM
I think that one loaded better for me, and is bigger?
*sigh*

I mean the content you silly beggar. :p

Or, your joke was crap. :D

Neil
04-Jul-2008, 09:21 PM
*sigh*

I mean the content you silly beggar. :p

Or, your joke was crap. :D

Oh, the content looks good :)

capncnut
04-Jul-2008, 09:30 PM
Different strokes and all that. me i bloody love getting stuck, to the point fo swearing at a game on legendary , and spending ages trying to figure out the best way to win, then i can earn that victory erkle dance!
Too right. There's nothing like clocking GTA knowing you never died on stats and never used a cheat once to clock it. Anyone who did sucks cock plain and simple.

Neil
09-Jul-2008, 10:25 AM
In high def...

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/39777/S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky-Atmosphere-Trailer-Now-In-High-Definition