PDA

View Full Version : EARLY holiday box office numbers

acealive1
04-Jul-2008, 01:45 AM
looks like a landslide,folks.

hancock has garnered 24 million dollars in just one full day of release(yesterday). the previous day had only TWO screenings and grossed nearly 7 million dollars alone.

it's fixin to be a biggun' peeps.

bassman
07-Jul-2008, 04:15 PM
So the curse of Will Smith July 4th films continues....

Hancock grossed well over 100 million over the holiday weekend.

Hopefully The Dark Knight will beat that.:p I doubt it though. The general theater going audience has some weird obsession with Smith and his "Awww hell no!" one liners....

AcesandEights
07-Jul-2008, 07:24 PM
Even with the rank reviews Hancock got, it still netted such good bank. Oh, well. I'll not be seeing it in theaters and possibly never see it.

Danny
07-Jul-2008, 07:47 PM
actually ace its not bad you should check it out.

clanglee
07-Jul-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, It's pretty good, worth a look.

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2008, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen Hancock, but it got 3/5 in Total Film, and they too said 'not as bad as the development hell and tinkering would have you believe'.

Interesting indeed.

No way, I reckon The Dark Knight will f*cking TROUNCE everything. For one - it'll be awesome, and Batman Begins was awesome.

There's a built in fan base - but, and interestingly - I reckon there'll be a lot of people purely going cos of Heath Ledger. A bit "hmmm", but guaranteed to happen.

I bet it'll pwn in theatres, and certainly on DVD - I'll be up for both for sure.

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 11:52 AM
I bet it'll pwn in theatres, and certainly on DVD - I'll be up for both for sure.

I'm considering taking the HD TV/Blu Ray plunge because of the Dark Knight. I don't think seeing it on regular DVD after watching it in Imax will be even close to the same experience....

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2008, 01:57 PM
I reckon The Dark Knight will f*cking TROUNCE everything. For one - it'll be awesome, and Batman Begins was awesome.

Hell, it's hard to get advanced tickets in my area. The Dark Knight will be huge. :)

ProfessorChaos
08-Jul-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm considering taking the HD TV/Blu Ray plunge because of the Dark Knight. I don't think seeing it on regular DVD after watching it in Imax will be even close to the same experience....

right now on the xbox live marketplace there's hd versions of two trailers for the dark knight up, and they look great. i've not got a blu-ray player yet, but i think i know what i'm gonna ask for for christmas.

no imax showings listed just yet in my immediate area, so i had to end up getting tickets to a regular big-screen...not that it matters that much, it's gonna be a kick-ass film regardless.

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 04:01 PM
right now on the xbox live marketplace there's hd versions of two trailers for the dark knight up, and they look great. i've not got a blu-ray player yet, but i think i know what i'm gonna ask for for christmas.

no imax showings listed just yet in my immediate area, so i had to end up getting tickets to a regular big-screen...not that it matters that much, it's gonna be a kick-ass film regardless.

I don't have Xbox live yet.:(

I managed to get 12:01am tickets for Imax before they sold out. The only problem is that I have to drive over an hour to get to the Imax theater. Then I'll probably go see it multiple times after that in a regular theater.:p

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2008, 07:50 PM
I managed to get 12:01am tickets for Imax before they sold out.

:thumbsup: Very cool, Bassman!

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 08:03 PM
:thumbsup: Very cool, Bassman!

Ah thank you!:cool:

And on top of that, there's this kickass restraunt and bar right outside of the theater that's going to be playing Batman Begins on it's screens before the show.

So I get to eat and drink with my buddies, watch Batman Begins, and then right after the "I'll look into it..." scene at the end of the film.....well......go see how he looks into it!

Finally.:thumbsup::hyper:

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2008, 08:22 PM
12:01am eh?

You'll be done by 3am then ... better get rested up during the day, eh? Just don't sleep in ya bugger. :D

Ahhhh mate, this movie is tickling nuts all over the globe ... the entire population is in a perpetual state of "almost ... there ... uuuhhhh" ... ... except for terrorists of course, they're too lame for The Dark Knight.

Khardis
08-Jul-2008, 08:47 PM
Even with the rank reviews Hancock got, it still netted such good bank. Oh, well. I'll not be seeing it in theaters and possibly never see it.

And they said there was 1% less people on the highways this year which is actually quite huge. Its because its cheaper to spend a long weekend home at the movie cinema than it is to drive somewhere and go on a trip. Hancock was a crap movie, but what was it opening against? Wall E? lol no contest.

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 09:01 PM
Hancock was a crap movie, but what was it opening against? Wall E? lol no contest.

I'm actually surprised Wall E didn't beat Hancock out. But at the same time, I think Wall E was in it's second or third week, while Hancock was the new film for the weekend.

I haven't seen either, but I'm pretty sure Wall E would be the better film of the two....