PDA

View Full Version : Which Sucks More?

Dead Hoosier
07-Jul-2008, 11:17 PM
Since both films have pissed of plenty, I was wondering: Which sucks more ... Land or Diary?

To me, it's Land. When I first saw Diary I thought it was by a landslide, but the gap has narrowed.

SRP76
07-Jul-2008, 11:19 PM
Diary gets my vote. Makes Land look great by comparison.

Redman6565
08-Jul-2008, 01:19 AM

I can't argue with that at all. You are 100% right. With the exception of the black super smart grunting zombie the only problem I had with Land was how it ended. Is it me ordid GAR leave you feeling that all the zombies wanted was to co-exist with humans?

jim102016
08-Jul-2008, 05:16 AM
Diary is the ****tier of the two by a long shot in my book. God knows Land had its faults, but Diary was a stupid concept altogether. The icing on the cake for me would be the Texas chick being chased through the woods by a mummy? **** Diary!

Trin
08-Jul-2008, 06:26 AM
Wow. This is a tough question for me.

There are things I really love about Land. But that stupid zombie walking under the river thing almost assures a vote against Land.

But Diary ... oh, poor Diary.... it was just bad in sooooo many ways.

I like Land more than Diary but I'm going to vote that Land sucked more and here is why - because Land is the movie that should've been our vision of hundreds of thousands of zombies outside a battered and weary final human outpost. The setup was there. The characters were there. But GAR turned it into a statement rather than a story. We'll probably never have another chance for GAR to tell such an epic tale and that makes me sad. He could tell a dozen more Diary-type stories, but I don't see anywhere to go past Land. Land shut the door on the future.

SymphonicX
08-Jul-2008, 07:33 AM
Land is genius compared to Diary. At least Land had atmosphere, decent scripting to a degree and some interesting elements, although Big Daddy was pathetic. At least it wasn't as contrived, and uneventful as Diary.

Zombie Snack
08-Jul-2008, 10:23 AM

agree 100%

bassman
08-Jul-2008, 11:53 AM
There should be a third option: This thread.

Just my opinion.:p

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2008, 02:12 PM
Unnecessarily harsh wording, but since we're only talking about movies and not anything of real consequence, I'll say that I thought Land was a much better realized project with a more thoughtful narrative.

Danny
08-Jul-2008, 02:27 PM
Unnecessarily harsh wording, but since we're only talking about movies and not anything of real consequence, I'll say that I thought Land was a much better realized project with a more thoughtful narrative.

what he said.

Legion2213
08-Jul-2008, 11:47 PM
Tough call. I've only just watched Diary, and although it was ok, it could've been made by anybody with a camera and a bit of budget, nothing special, just another sub-standard GAR flick to go with Land...

If Zack Snieder had made either of those movies, the GAR lovers here would've ripped them apart and poured scorn and bile all over them.

I shall have to watch both films again before I vote.

Land is the movie that should've been our vision of hundreds of thousands of zombies outside a battered and weary final human outpost. The setup was there. The characters were there. But GAR turned it into a statement rather than a story. We'll probably never have another chance for GAR to tell such an epic tale and that makes me sad. He could tell a dozen more Diary-type stories, but I don't see anywhere to go past Land. Land shut the door on the future.

So true, apart from the bit about the characters...Cholo was the only one I could muster any interest in. The rest were bland.

Yojimbo
09-Jul-2008, 12:39 AM
I actually liked them both, however having to choose one and being apparently one of the few that liked diary (at least as far as the posters on this thread are concerned) I vote LAND. Stupid "smart" zombie thing (showing another zombie how to use the rifle, asking yet another to use his butcher knife to make a peephole) just killed it for me.

MoonSylver
09-Jul-2008, 01:22 AM
I actually liked them both, however having to choose one and being apparently one of the few that liked diary (at least as far as the posters on this thread are concerned) I vote LAND. Stupid "smart" zombie thing (showing another zombie how to use the rifle, asking yet another to use his butcher knife to make a peephole) just killed it for me.

I liked Diary. I liked Land too. I don't know if I 100% LOVED either or both. They were both perhaps a bit flawed, but I felt it was to lesser degrees & not unforgivably so. That's why I'm not voting.

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2008, 11:45 AM

Same here. I can easily watch Land every now and then... don't think I'll ever watch Diary again, though.

Skippy911sc
09-Jul-2008, 02:30 PM
So far this seems like a quest to see which film is worse...not better. I think both films are watchable but disliked both. I think land got my vote because I found the plot faulty more than anything. Diary had a great premise but was just pulled off poorly.