PDA

View Full Version : I Am Now A Semi Pro Dj....

Shadowofthedead
08-Jul-2008, 04:32 AM
what up its grimes or shadowofthedead as you all know of me or dont... i just recently purchased my own dj equipment and now i am going into business for myself. for all of you who have experience in this field i need a little help... HELP ME!!!!! i was so used to using jacked up equipment that this new stuff has to many buttons and knobs. my mixer is a 7 channel behringer vmx 1000,cds are pumped in and out of a stanton c.502 dual disc and its all powered by behringer b215a processor controlled 400 watt 15" speakers with 1.25" titanium compression driver. rack mount or box is an SKB ORANGE CALI. my question is with all this equipment do i need a power amplifier or not. the last equipment i used had an amplifier but the mixer was very simplistic... and it was also ghetto-fied as heck.i have no lighting but im gettin ready two drop some money into that... my question is should or do i need an amplifier. and for the love gosh i need a handle or name.... i dont even have business cards yet and im gettin ready to play my first show on thursday... help or pointin me in the right direction would be nice... thanks GRIMES!:elol:

capncnut
08-Jul-2008, 05:16 AM
my question is with all this equipment do i need a power amplifier or not.
I should say so, the bigger the better.

and for the love gosh i need a handle or name.... i dont even have business cards yet and im gettin ready to play my first show on thursday...
Whatever you do, don't call yourself DJ Shadow... :D

When you get some business cards going, don't forget to drop them off at fitness centers as well as nightclubs. A DJ friend of mine does a four day a week stint at an aerobics class (as well as a couple of nightclubs over the weekend) and it certainly helps.

Shadowofthedead
08-Jul-2008, 12:00 PM
well my speakers are only rated for 400 w max output and more or less wont operate that high... i didnt know if havin one would prohibit me from usin my speakers i mean is it a necessity ?

DjfunkmasterG
09-Jul-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey Shadow,

400W ain't enough if you do Large outdoor events, or Large weddings of any type. You need something that is at least 750W and wil need a Power AMP. Look for a professional DJ or lighting equipment store in your area. I would suggest any amp by Crown, and JBL for the speakers.

Shadowofthedead
10-Jul-2008, 02:42 AM
thanks dj... im mostly doin bars what ive got will get me by until i can afford more. on a side note the behringer speakers that i have have a built in driver and processor meanin the amplifier is inside the speakers. and i played with it tonight... its good... its sexy... i love my lights:elol:

Chic Freak
10-Jul-2008, 04:25 PM
No idea about equipment but you can get free business cards, postcards, t-shirts etc printed up at vistaprint.com, when they have offers on, which is all the time (it's worth signing up to their newsletter). All you pay is postage and the stationery is good quality (never bought anything other than cards).

Tricky
13-Jul-2008, 11:04 AM
Heres some tips from a master!
Y0gVgNxZ_mk
Q-bert is an absolute genius on the decks,check out some other vids of him scratching on youtube!
What kind of music are you hoping to mix chief?im still very much into the clubbing scene & dutch hardstyle & trance seem to be the big genres at the moment (none of that commercial crap that gets played on music channels & the radio though!!) personally i still love all the hardhouse from 2001 - 2005 when that scene was at its peak,but that scene died back a lot in the last few years :(