PDA

View Full Version : 'Max Payne' movie trailer...

Neil
10-Jul-2008, 02:06 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/31425/PC/Max-Payne

Hopefully this will salvage Mark Wahlberg's career after 'The Happening'...

AcesandEights
10-Jul-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh, dear :D

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 02:41 PM
Never played the game, but that actually looked pretty cool....

Danny
10-Jul-2008, 03:05 PM
was that an actual fallen angel?

not too literal.:rolleyes:

Neil
10-Jul-2008, 03:19 PM

The games are utterly excellent!

Danny
10-Jul-2008, 03:34 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/TruckofFail.jpg

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 03:42 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/TruckofFail.jpg

That's kind of ironic considering the fact that I own a hauling(dump truck) company....

But no....never played it. I saw a buddy play it once and it seemed okay, but I never got into it.

Craig
10-Jul-2008, 03:48 PM
Off Topic: Someone just dumped a whole heap of fail outside my house, what the fu-oh I see... I haven't played Max Payne either :( maybe I should.

Danny
10-Jul-2008, 04:31 PM
Pgg3VG7Hug8

if you even remotely see videogames as art as well as mindless killing then you MUST play max payne. its not even noir, its... ultra noir i suppose and the best 3rd person shooter on any console. period.

and i really hope remedy makes max payne 3 when they finally finish alan wake.

MikePizzoff
10-Jul-2008, 07:05 PM
Trailer looks alright. Like Hells said, if you haven't played the games, YOU MUST. They are two of the most engrossing cinematic experiences I've ever had playing a game... it flows so well and really feels like you're playing a movie at most times.

Craig
10-Jul-2008, 07:05 PM
Well Xbox.com says it's backwards compatible with the 360 so I might look into it if I can spare some money.

Danny
10-Jul-2008, 07:07 PM
runs like a dream on the 360 dude, and its like £3 in game-station, SO ****ING WORTH IT.

if anyones after the max payne theme i just found it on my old pc, pm me and ill email it ya'. that bitch is my new ringtone.

SRP76
10-Jul-2008, 07:24 PM
Movies based on videogames suck, no matter how "great" the game supposedly was. Even live-action Pac-Man.

MinionZombie
10-Jul-2008, 08:03 PM
Saw the trailer on ActionTrip.

Looks okay thus far.

It won't beat the game, not a chance, and it won't be as good as the game ... but will it be as good as Silent Hill's movie? Now, that, I think, is the best videogame movie out there personally.

I think a Max Payne movie could work, it looks fairly faithful - although the angel thing is a bit "eh?", but I'll see how it is in context, no doubt it's a dream sequence or a trip or something - so I'll see.

It'd better be rated R though, it's such a dark game, and violent.

Max Payne 1 and 2 are AWESOME. I'd love a third - and oh yes - GIVE ME ALAN WAKE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

bassman
10-Jul-2008, 08:08 PM
Movies based on videogames suck, no matter how "great" the game supposedly was. Even live-action Pac-Man.

Yeah, up till this point you're right. This is the reason why Rockstar has (wisely) refused to give up the rights to a Grand Theft Auto film adaptation. Hopefully sometime in the future some blessed soul will break this trend and give us a good game-to-film adaptation.

Verbinski's Bioshock maybe? I doubt it....but there's always hope.

acealive1
10-Jul-2008, 08:42 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/31425/PC/Max-Payne

Hopefully this will salvage Mark Wahlberg's career after 'The Happening'...

salvage? you say it like he was in gigli

capncnut
11-Jul-2008, 12:45 AM
Did even bother to click. This image of Wahlberg was more torture than I could bear, why go further?

The games are utterly excellent!
Agreed. Primary reason for not viewing the trailer.

bassman
11-Jul-2008, 12:49 AM
Did even bother to click. This image of Wahlberg was more torture than I could bear, why go further?

Agreed. Primary reason for not viewing the trailer.

Oh come on, Cap. I don't know the games really, but it was actually a pretty intriguing trailer...

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2008, 03:13 PM
Saw the trailer on ActionTrip.

Looks okay thus far.

It won't beat the game, not a chance, and it won't be as good as the game ... but will it be as good as Silent Hill's movie? Now, that, I think, is the best videogame movie out there personally.

I think a Max Payne movie could work, it looks fairly faithful - although the angel thing is a bit "eh?", but I'll see how it is in context, no doubt it's a dream sequence or a trip or something - so I'll see.

It'd better be rated R though, it's such a dark game, and violent.

Max Payne 1 and 2 are AWESOME. I'd love a third - and oh yes - GIVE ME ALAN WAKE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Agreed, Silent Hill is amazing....

Love the atmosphere in MP1...just amazing, so dark...proper film noir...the guy's voice is evil!!!

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2008, 06:54 PM
Also of interest - Rockstar can't make a movie called "Grand Theft Auto" anyway, because of the actual movie with Ron Howard (that film, and the R* franchise have nout to do with each other by the way).

So likewise, if Ron Howard wanted a Grand Theft Auto videogame, he'd have to call it something else.

A GTA movie wouldn't work anyway, it'd just be a movie, the point in GTA is that it's different from other games - that's the key - as well as being good of course. :)

bassman
11-Jul-2008, 09:25 PM
Also of interest - Rockstar can't make a movie called "Grand Theft Auto" anyway, because of the actual movie with Ron Howard (that film, and the R* franchise have nout to do with each other by the way).

So likewise, if Ron Howard wanted a Grand Theft Auto videogame, he'd have to call it something else.

A GTA movie wouldn't work anyway, it'd just be a movie, the point in GTA is that it's different from other games - that's the key - as well as being good of course. :)

I understand what you're saying about GTA probably not working as a film....but what about Ron Howard's film?

Films can have the same name. There's a film called "The Dark Knight" that was released in the 90's. There's another film called "Day of the Dead" from the 50's. It happens all the time...

MinionZombie
12-Jul-2008, 10:37 AM
Films can have the same name. There's a film called "The Dark Knight" that was released in the 90's. There's another film called "Day of the Dead" from the 50's. It happens all the time...

Yeah I know, but I heard recently about a specific issue with the title "Grand Theft Auto", specifically, and it was as I previously said.

Weird, but apparently true.

Maitreya
19-Jul-2008, 04:49 AM
was that an actual fallen angel?

not too literal.:rolleyes:

Doubtlessly a valkyr trip.

THE FLESH OF FALLEN ANGELS!!!

Danny
19-Jul-2008, 08:03 AM
youd think so but knowing game adaptions and how they royally bastardize narrative....