PDA

View Full Version : Gosh, you peole suck!

Bertors
11-Jul-2008, 01:44 AM
I watched "Diary" last night and this is the best Zombie-Movie that was made since Romeroīs "Day of the Dead". In Diary, Romero gets back to his real Trademarks, as there are: Straight foreward action, Humour and social commentary. Man, guys: Are you all deaf, dumb and blind? Has americas school-system failed so radically? "Diary" is as smart as "Dawn" and "Day" were, only this time its not consumerism or militarism, but the naive believe, that blogs and other web 2.0-things are more trustworthy than the corporate media, which Romero comments on. And boy, does he do a good job! "Diary of the Dead" is so up to date, that it seems most of you beleivers in the net and in conspiracy theories donīt get it. Itīs nothing less than a modern masterpiece.

Arrogant Greetings from Europe

AcesandEights
11-Jul-2008, 02:09 AM

This is the only thing written in the above post that made any sense.

SRP76
11-Jul-2008, 02:51 AM
Man, guys: Are you all deaf, dumb and blind? Has americas school-system failed so radically? "Diary" is as smart as "Dawn" and "Day" were, only this time its not consumerism or militarism, but the naive believe, that blogs and other web 2.0-things are more trustworthy than the corporate media, which Romero comments on.

So what? Stephen Hawking is smarter than anything Romero has ever done, and I sure as hell don't want to watch him for two hours.

So explain to us poor, uneducated victims of "americas school-system" how you come to the conclusion that "smart" automatically equals "enjoyable movie".

Legion2213
11-Jul-2008, 02:54 AM
So what? Stephen Hawking is smarter than anything Romero has ever done, and I sure as hell don't want to watch him for two hours.

So explain to us poor, uneducated victims of "americas school-system" how you come to the conclusion that "smart" automatically equals "enjoyable movie".

Maybe our "european" friend could explain it to us thicko English folks as well...

clanglee
11-Jul-2008, 02:57 AM
This is the only thing written in the above post that made any sense.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sure Diary is a masterpiece of social comentary. . . if you don't like to think for yourself. I'm glad you are easily amused though, I hope that works out well for ya. ;)

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2008, 09:23 AM
Some of us prefer a little more subtle elements to movies. Some of us are easily patronised....guess which one you are and guess which one the majority of people here are!?

Sorry dude but Diary was a badly acted, poorly executed car crash of a movie. And to come here criticising people for some very obvious reasons that even the most noobish of horror film fans can see, is just silly really.

Danny
11-Jul-2008, 10:10 AM
yes please, we are not of the great european master race, explain to us backwater offshoots your amazing insight into a mediocre film:rolleyes:

WAIT!- maybe, just maybe, different people have different tastes in movies!, HOLY ****!, IVE GOTTA SPREAD THE NEWS OF THIS REVELATION!

bassman
11-Jul-2008, 12:14 PM
WAIT!- maybe, just maybe, different people have different tastes in movies!, HOLY ****!, IVE GOTTA SPREAD THE NEWS OF THIS REVELATION!

*GASP* How dare you spread such filth upon these boards?!? We all must surely have the EXACT SAME opinions as everyone else. Could we have been wrong in our assumption that everyone has their own, individual opinion???

I like Diary....but masterpiece? Nah....not even close.;)

jim102016
11-Jul-2008, 12:41 PM
Arrogant sounds about right, you didn't even spell the word "people" correctly.

"Gosh, you peole suck!"

Were you trying to say pee-hole? Buy a dictionary or use spell check before you break anyone's balls, Mr. Intellectual.

mista_mo
11-Jul-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, since I am Canadian, I guess my opinion is more valid, seeing as how I am not subject to American school education. So here it goes:
Diary was an okay film, with a subtext that was absolutely POURED ON, to the point that it wasn't even subtext anymore. It felt like he either thought we weren't smart enough to get the films message (bi product of Education systems durr hurr), or, he was too lazy to try and hide it underneath (the more likely solution in this case).

Oh, and Jim, I was about to comment on his misspelling, you Dumb American.

:D

jim102016
11-Jul-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm Canadian by the way.

Oh, and Jim, I was about to comment on his misspelling, you Dumb American.

:D

Ha, good catch, you crazy Canuck.

Neil
11-Jul-2008, 02:01 PM
I watched "Diary" last night and this is the best Zombie-Movie that was made since Romeroīs "Day of the Dead". In Diary, Romero gets back to his real Trademarks, as there are: Straight foreward action, Humour and social commentary. Man, guys: Are you all deaf, dumb and blind? Has americas school-system failed so radically? "Diary" is as smart as "Dawn" and "Day" were, only this time its not consumerism or militarism, but the naive believe, that blogs and other web 2.0-things are more trustworthy than the corporate media, which Romero comments on. And boy, does he do a good job! "Diary of the Dead" is so up to date, that it seems most of you beleivers in the net and in conspiracy theories donīt get it. Itīs nothing less than a modern masterpiece.

Glad you enjoyed it and think it's the best thing since sliced zombie.

I think I'm being fair in suggesting most of the rest of us here found it rather average and some what ham-fisted in its delivery, scripting, acting and attempts at social commentary... So just maybe, we're a little more discerning than you, showing our school-systems are infact better than yours then? :)

Suggestion: Put your opinions forward in such a way that don't make you look like an arse?

DjfunkmasterG
11-Jul-2008, 02:25 PM
I liked Diary better than Land. :D

However, is it a Masterpiece? **** NO!... Dawn of the Dead (1978), thats a ****ing Masterpiece of zombie cinema.

capncnut
11-Jul-2008, 02:58 PM
Are you all deaf, dumb and blind?
If we were, you'd be sitting here alone...

...posting in an empty forum. :rolleyes:

Mike70
11-Jul-2008, 03:01 PM
i was going to post a reply but my american education prevents me from gathering enough thought:moon:

oh, wait there it's come back to me. i liked diary, though it is weak in many areas, i think using the word smart in association with it is almost an oxymoron.

there is nothing subtle or revealing about the movie. gee, the news media sometimes doesn't give you the entire story or bows to pressure and changes things around a bit to make it more palatable - WOW! i never even considered that until romero came along and pointed it out to me.

the govt. puts the best possible spin on things and what you see on tv sometimes does not reflect the true events. holy sh*t! another that crept past me until the wonderously smart and observant romero, who sees things no one else can, showed me the light of true reason.

even taking into account people's different ideas on what is a good or great movie, calling diary a masterpiece is a f*cking stretch that i'll never buy into.

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2008, 03:04 PM
Gotta love a bit of Bill Hicks!

Just wanted to suggest maybe the OP, upon starting a thread when he or she has barely made 15 posts, insulting the members and questioning their education, and also slaying the US for no apparent reason (baring in mind Romero is also from the US), should think about the word "tact" and "beliggerant" when coming to a board to "discuss" (for want of a better word) his or her thoughts on a movie. The title of the thread pretty much sums up the attitude of the person posting and tells me that no matter what responses are made, this thread is bound to spiral into a flaming troll-fest of bull**** that I don't think anyone on here can really be arsed with.

And please, don't take the bait about the US education system guys and girls...or it'll just get worse...

Mike70
11-Jul-2008, 03:49 PM
And please, don't take the bait about the US education system guys and girls...or it'll just get worse...

yeah, no need to get hyper on that account. what in the hell could someone from europe really know about the education system here that they haven't seen on tv and we all know how reliable that is...

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2008, 04:25 PM
what in the hell could someone from europe really know about the education system here that they haven't seen on tv and we all know how reliable that is...

well some of us need Romero to tell us just how unreliable it is, using big words and pictures...

Mike70
11-Jul-2008, 04:30 PM
well some of us need Romero to tell us just how unreliable it is, using big words and pictures...

and don't forget annoying, completely obvious, psuedo-philosophical voice overs to hammer the point home.

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2008, 04:50 PM
If it didn't happen on Fox News it's like it didn't happen right?

jim102016
11-Jul-2008, 06:06 PM

No, an unapologetic left-leaning network like CNN is the best source for the truth.

mista_mo
11-Jul-2008, 06:21 PM
my hair is talking to me.

Danny
11-Jul-2008, 06:25 PM
what we all be forgettin' is that thar changling pictographs on them thar' mag-eekul talky boxes is witchcraft!!!!!

kidgloves
11-Jul-2008, 06:28 PM

http://www.sadcom.com/chincoteague/fishing.gif

Yojimbo
11-Jul-2008, 08:22 PM

I am in that small minority that liked Diary. But reading what you posted and the tone of your rhetoric, the jury is out as to whether I like you.

DubiousComforts
11-Jul-2008, 11:24 PM
Too late, the troll has been fed!

I am in that small minority that liked Diary. But reading what you posted and the tone of your rhetoric, the jury is out as to whether I like you.
Do I ever agree with you, though perhaps the vocal minority responsible for all the ranting and raving have gotten exactly what they've been asking for? :p

However, I will keep this thread from ending badly! I just realized that DIARY is Romero's attempt at updating Gilligan's Island. Check it out:

Elliot = Gilligan
Tony = The Skipper
Debra = Ginger
Gordo = Mr. Howell
Tracey = Mrs. Howell
Mary = Mary Ann
The Professor = The Professor (this one's a dead giveaway)
The Winnie = The Minnow

And instead of being stranded on the shore of an uncharted desert isle, they're stranded in the boonies of Pennsylvania... infinitely worse! The sheer brilliance of using a zombie film with underlying social subtext to camouflage the far less-obvious Gilligan's Island-esque commentary can not be denied, not even by said trolls. :D

Bingo, someone has finally quoted the line correctly!

Man, I was beginning to worry.

clanglee
12-Jul-2008, 12:18 AM
However, I will keep this thread from ending badly! I just realized that DIARY is Romero's attempt at updating Gilligan's Island. Check it out:

Elliot = Gilligan
Tony = The Skipper
Debra = Ginger
Gordo = Mr. Howell
Tracey = Mrs. Howell
Mary = Mary Ann
The Professor = The Professor (this one's a dead giveaway)
The Winnie = The Minnow

And instead of being stranded on the shore of an uncharted desert isle, they're stranded in the boonies of Pennsylvania... infinitely worse! The sheer brilliance of using a zombie film with underlying social subtext to camouflage the far less-obvious Gilligan's Island-esque commentary can not be denied, not even by said trolls. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now that is funny.

sandrock74
12-Jul-2008, 04:07 AM
I wanted to say something to our european friend along the lines of he should be thankful to americans for bailing his people out from that whole World War II debacle. If we didn't do anything, the Nazis would have conquered europe and he'd be stuck posting on "Zombie Lake" forums since he wouldn't of had access to Romero's films!

SymphonicX
12-Jul-2008, 07:09 AM
I wanted to say something to our european friend along the lines of he should be thankful to americans for bailing his people out from that whole World War II debacle. If we didn't do anything, the Nazis would have conquered europe and he'd be stuck posting on "Zombie Lake" forums since he wouldn't of had access to Romero's films!

Oh for ****'s sake. Nice one on making this thread descend into more jingoistic, flag waving bull****.

Grow up dude, resorting to that level of stupidity has knocked this thread down even further. I thought people on here were beyond this bull****.

MinionZombie
12-Jul-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh for ****'s sake. Nice one on making this thread descend into more jingoistic, flag waving bull****.

Grow up dude, resorting to that level of stupidity has knocked this thread down even further. I thought people on here were beyond this bull****.
Especially when such an argument can be countered ever-so-quickly by the fact that World War II started in 1939.

I say that not to extend some argument, but to point out how pointless such a comment is, especially in this thread.

I will ask that anyone getting a bit fussed up just chill out.

As for Diary - I liked it.

As yet though, there hasn't been a poll on the forum like Land got (and I will note that all Land polls revealed that on HPOTD the majority of people liked/loved it - it's just a fact - and no, we don't need another poll about Land.)