PDA

View Full Version : fear itself zombie episode...

Mike70
11-Jul-2008, 06:11 PM
the next one up (on the 17th) is called "new year's day" and is about a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. this one was directed by darren bousman from the saw franchise.

Danny
11-Jul-2008, 06:27 PM
this one was directed by darren bousman from the saw franchise.

oh dear.

Mike70
11-Jul-2008, 06:41 PM
oh dear.

:lol:
my first thought exactly.

i'll watch most anything post-apocalyptic and if i sat through the turd fest known as the day remake, i might as well watch this.

jim102016
11-Jul-2008, 07:31 PM
the next one up (on the 17th) is called "new year's day" and is about a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. this one was directed by darren bousman from the saw franchise.

Never heard of it, have to remember to check it out next thursday.

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 11:49 PM
so did anyone else watch it?

i thought it was pretty good and told from an interesting viewpoint.

here it is for anyone that wants to check it out:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/27068/fear-itself-new-years-day#s-p1-so-i0

Choas
19-Jul-2008, 03:16 AM
I watch it .It was really good.But I knew after five minutes how it was going to end.Plus,it was way to short.

clanglee
19-Jul-2008, 07:05 AM
Yeah, not bad. I just hate that shakey head Jacobs Ladder ****. But I did like the story. Pretty cool.

jim102016
19-Jul-2008, 08:44 AM
Great idea with the link, Scipio, I completely forgot out it. The first half wasn't bad, but after that it went to **** for me. Cracking necks, holding hands, no thanks. Didn't make a whole lot of sense.

EvilNed
19-Jul-2008, 09:04 PM
Didn't really like it at first. Well. I was split.

The ZOMBIE part of the film was just boring and strange. I couldn't get a grip on it. Didn't like it. Especially the cinematography whenever we saw a zombie. Low shutter speed and shaky as hell. I hated it, it was super annoying. And the zombie mannerisms were very, very strange. I want to know what the hell the director was thinking when he was directing the zombies? "Imagine you're on speed or E..., but you have crippled legs."?

However, I really liked the main character and the dilemma. It was very good, if you ask me, and I really sympathized with her. Started a bit wierd, but once it got going I enjoyed it.

As for the ending:

It was a very nice twist, but it didn't make sense. Why did she, if she was a zombie, never get an urge to attack any of the people she encountered? Why did she, if she was a zombie, run from the guy with the gun? It just didn't make sense.

Typical example of a good script ruined by a bad director.

DrSiN
21-Jul-2008, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't say great story. It was a good episode, but there were a lot of holes in the story. Acting was pretty solid though and it's always great to see zombies on TV. I do agree with everyone that it was predictable to a fault.

And I don't mind the shaky head zombies, I just don't like the shaky camera work that went with it.

Bub666
23-Jul-2008, 01:31 AM
I watched that episode,and really enjoyed it.I loved the twist at the end.