PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Anheuser Busch

MikePizzoff
14-Jul-2008, 08:40 PM
Anheuser Busch is being sold to a Belgian brewery for $50 BILLION. The only reason this bugs me is because I'm a fan (yes, big fan) of Hurricane. Only recently did I start enjoying Budweiser and I actually do not like any of their other beers that I've had, at all.

The big-name breweries I'm more fond of are Pabst Blue Ribbon and, very slightly, Miller.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/13/anheuser.inbev.ap/index.html

ProfessorChaos
15-Jul-2008, 03:34 AM
i live pretty close to the st. louis area, and this story has got quite a few people upset over here. some are even vowing to never drink AB products ever again. i'm not that irritated by it, but it is a bummer that one of america's best companies is selling out. if they move the AB headquarters from st. louis and shut down the brewery here, i'll probably change beers.

Khardis
15-Jul-2008, 03:48 AM
good riddance to the sugared down piss beer. Worst beer on the market.

Minerva_Zombi
15-Jul-2008, 07:49 AM
**** beer...

capncnut
15-Jul-2008, 11:40 AM
good riddance to the sugared down piss beer. Worst beer on the market.
Damn straight.

To quote Monty Python: "I think your popular American beer is very much like making love in a canoe - it's f**king close to water!" :lol:

Kaos
15-Jul-2008, 01:20 PM
Damn straight.

To quote Monty Python: "I think your popular American beer is very much like making love in a canoe - it's f**king close to water!" :lol:

I have to agree. Never was a fan of the traditional Bud; they use rice! Uggh.

I do like some other beers by Anheuser-Busch, but not Bud.

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2008, 05:42 PM
I used to drink Bud ... then recently I converted to Strongbow (Cider), cos it's cheaper and you get more for your money ... you know, credit crunch and all that. :D

And yeah, it tastes better, lush when mixed with ice.

There's some European Budweiser too ... that tastes awful, truly rank.

AcesandEights
15-Jul-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, I'm kind of sentimental so this made me a tad sad, but that's the way of the business world. So, no big deal.

Anyone have any AB stock???

bassman
16-Jul-2008, 04:13 PM
Alot of hatred for Bud 'round these parts. That's my beer...

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2008, 04:56 PM
There's a beer advert doing the rounds in the UK, set at some lodge type place filled with good looking people, you know the vibe.

Anyway, I think it's Coors or something, and when the people take a sip of it they have this deep, movie-trailer type voice. Some woman comes out and says something like "damn, that's a fresh tasting BEER!", then clinks bottles with the other bloke from the start of the advert ... anyway, her gob in the advert frightens the life out of me. It just looks wrong, and really big, way too big for her face ... and her eyes, they wig me out - essentially, the whole package, she's waaaaaaaaaaaay too into that bottle of beer.

Mind you, better her instead 'Kinga off Big Brother 6', if she wants to use the bottle for some fun-time afterwards. :eek:

capncnut
16-Jul-2008, 05:23 PM
I do like some other beers by Anheuser-Busch, but not Bud.
I prefer a much stronger beer, not like Tennents Super (don't mind Special Brew though - good strong Danish hops ;)) but Chimay rocks my world...

...literally. :hurl:

Used to like weak beers as a kid: Bud, Schlitz, Michelob, etc, but nowadays I don't see the point. Drank 12 Coronas the other day, seriously it was like drinking ice cold piss and I was sober as a judge after. :dead:

I converted to Strongbow (Cider), cos it's cheaper and you get more for your money ... you know, credit crunch and all that. :D

And yeah, it tastes better, lush when mixed with ice.
Super-refreshing!

Mind you, better her instead 'Kinga off Big Brother 6', if she wants to use the bottle for some fun-time afterwards. :eek:
You seen Minga these days? She ain't half lost some weight, it's weird you mentioned her here 'cos after a few beers I could find her rather attractive. :D

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2008, 06:52 PM
Drank 12 Coronas the other day, seriously it was like drinking ice cold piss and I was sober as a judge after. :dead:

Good luck with that :)

Terran
17-Jul-2008, 02:38 AM
I like beer that gets me drunk

bassman
17-Jul-2008, 02:50 AM
I like beer that gets me drunk

:lol:

Yeah, me too. But then you start to realize that there are situations where you should just sip on some beers but not get too messed up.

Usually it's learned the hard way. Unfortunately I know from experience.:p

clanglee
17-Jul-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm not a huge Bud fan, but here in the states at least. . It is the "King of Beers"

Kinda makes me sad to see it sold out to a foreign nation. Nothing is sacred in business anymore. :(

Dillinger
17-Jul-2008, 03:17 AM
As a born and bred Missouri boy, I say this sucks. Now our state's biggest brewer is Boulavard (sp?) and their beer stinks.

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2008, 09:18 AM
Kinda makes me sad to see it sold out to a foreign nation.

Don't come to Britain then, we've lost most things!

At least Aston Martin is back in our hands though apparently ... but practically everything else is foreign-owned - most recently, Jaguar (which Ford had) went to Tata (India). How's that for irony?

Capn - Kinga's lost a lot of weight? Post a pic and I'll believe you ... I still can't believe she hooked up with that god-awful Kemal wanker.

capncnut
17-Jul-2008, 03:21 PM
Capn - Kinga's lost a lot of weight? Post a pic and I'll believe you ... I still can't believe she hooked up with that god-awful Kemal wanker.
Dunno about a pic but she was on one of the BB programmes just the other day. Looked a bit more slimline - while still retaining her thoroughly massive bristols. :D

Yojimbo
18-Jul-2008, 12:50 AM
I'm not a huge Bud fan, but here in the states at least. . It is the "King of Beers"

Kinda makes me sad to see it sold out to a foreign nation. Nothing is sacred in business anymore. :(

Once again, Yojimbo agrees with Clanglee 100%, though not because Bud is any great beer, but sad in a nostalgic kind of way!