PDA

View Full Version : Greatest fight scene ever...

Neil
16-Jul-2008, 11:22 AM
3NI6iu7e91Y
And when you've recovered from that...
Wnjb8Hx76u8

Skippy911sc
16-Jul-2008, 01:21 PM
Those are FAN-TASTIC!!!

I love the second one, although I now fear I am emotionally scared for life.

Neil
16-Jul-2008, 01:31 PM
I had tears down my face at times I was laughing so much :)

MikePizzoff
16-Jul-2008, 02:13 PM
The first video was hilarious.

The second one, however, I couldn't even force myself to laugh at because of how fake it seems to me.

Here's my favorite fight scene of all time:
wqKFadyJxwg

Skippy911sc
16-Jul-2008, 03:12 PM
I love They Live...What a telling story of our current times.

Gotta give it up for the Piper...he does an admirable job acting in this carpenter film.

If anyone, and I mean ANYONE has not seen this, RUN not walk to the vid store and rent it.

CornishCorpse
16-Jul-2008, 04:32 PM
Never seen "They live" but judging from that looks like a fun. Does it get the HPOTD seal of approval? Im not so much a fan of Carpenter, some of his films I think are genius other leak fail : Cough : Ghosts of Mars : Cough :

bassman
16-Jul-2008, 04:36 PM
Never seen "They live" but judging from that looks like a fun. Does it get the HPOTD seal of approval? Im not so much a fan of Carpenter, some of his films I think are genius other leak fail : Cough : Ghosts of Mars : Cough :

Yeah, it's awesome.

Ghosts of Mars is a newer Carpenter flick. His newer films aren't so good. He was in his prime in the 80's, though. The Thing, Starman, Escape from NY, The Live. So yeah....see They Live. It's awesome.

MikePizzoff
16-Jul-2008, 05:28 PM

You MUST get this movie!!! Not only is a great sci-fi/action film but, like Skippy said, it is also pretty much a perfect social commentary of the present.

Mike70
16-Jul-2008, 06:11 PM

you must see "they live." period. great, fun movie.

"i have come here to chew bubble gum and to kick ass. i'm all outta bubblegum." classic roddy piper line from that flick.

Wp_K8prLfso

Neil
16-Jul-2008, 06:18 PM

Tis great fun!

Skippy911sc
16-Jul-2008, 07:37 PM
"Thats like putting perfume on a pig"

I must say I was disappointed in escape from LA as well as Ggosts of Mars, but this little flick "They Live" was DA BOMB....

clanglee
17-Jul-2008, 12:01 AM
Dammit Scip!!!! You stole my line again!!!! :lol::lol:

I love They Live. One of my favorite movies ever. :cool:

CoinReturn
17-Jul-2008, 02:22 AM
hi399mFwsB8

bassman
17-Jul-2008, 02:54 AM
Come on, guys. I love They Live, but we all know that this film has the best fight scenes ever:

AJWpmPGCR1c&hl=en&fs=1

Incredible film, isn't it?

F*ck.....thank you, Christopher Nolan.

Dillinger
17-Jul-2008, 03:25 AM
Definitely the fight between Roddy Piper and Keith David in They Live. You got to love that belly-to-back suplex!

Another memorable fight, even if it was anti-climatic is between Gunny and the Swede in Heartbreak Ridge.

clanglee
17-Jul-2008, 03:50 AM
You got to love that belly-to-back suplex!

Now you see. . . .That just sounds gay. :shifty:

MoonSylver
17-Jul-2008, 04:38 AM

Never have I wanted to see a filmmaker publicly lynched/executed except for Joel Shumacher, just for Batman & Robin. I cannot express the depth of my loathing for that movie, or for him for making it. Damn him & may he rot in hell :mad:

clanglee
17-Jul-2008, 06:01 AM
3NI6iu7e91Y

You know, the sad thing is that I remember that chick. That's China O'Brian. She used to make really bad action flicks in the late 80's. Don't remember her real name, but that's probably a good thing.:shifty:

Mike70
17-Jul-2008, 11:58 AM
Come on, guys. I love They Live, but we all know that this film has the best fight scenes ever:

AJWpmPGCR1c&hl=en&fs=1

F*ck.....thank you, Christopher Nolan.

bat-titties anyone? :D thanks for the laugh that film is so completely horrendous it almost defies logic.

Skippy911sc
17-Jul-2008, 01:55 PM
hi399mFwsB8

I have not heard such bone breaking goodness before.

clanglee
17-Jul-2008, 10:48 PM
I have not heard such bone breaking goodness before.

That's Tony Jaa. . . He's a badass. His movies have some silly plots. . but excellent fight scenes.

Skippy911sc
18-Jul-2008, 03:08 PM
A Loooooooooong time ago I rented a Laser Disc that was a Chinese film and subtitled in Japanese (I think). It was called the Killer by Jon Woo. The guy that owned the vid store told me to take it and if I didn't think the action scenes were fantastic he would refund my money. No English required for this move it was BAD ASS!!!

clanglee
18-Jul-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah. . The Killer was great. . . all of John Woo's early stuff was good.

Tricky
18-Jul-2008, 09:08 PM
that first one features a permed mullet that almost rivals van dammes in hard target!truly shocking :lol:

EvilNed
19-Jul-2008, 03:37 AM
hi399mFwsB8

That would have been a good fight scene if it wasn't for the horrible sound mix. Ugh. Whoever designed that sound shouldn't allowed to even watch films...

As for Batman & Robin, I'd forgotten most of it. But I watched that little clip and there's one line that just stood out:

"Batman... A new villain has commandeered the Gotham museum."

What!? Who WROTE that like! Worst exposition job ever.

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2008, 04:50 PM
By the time I got to it someone had already posted the They Live fight sequence which gets my vote for the best fight ever. Great fun, that film! Maybe not the greatest film, but worth a place in your permanent collection to be certain!

That Batman clip reel was hilarious! Makes you really appreciate the reboot of the series.

zombie04
21-Jul-2008, 09:00 PM
They Live goes down as my favorite fight in any movie. But since it's already been shown I guess I'll just have to show my second favorite

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSm8N6tKJUA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSm8N6tKJUA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ah, when Val Kilmer was worth watching.

CornishCorpse
21-Jul-2008, 09:27 PM
Okay here is my vote for the best if not one of the best fight scenes

Old Boy

ljEBzKGovGo

Dillinger
22-Jul-2008, 01:56 AM
Now you see. . . .That just sounds gay. :shifty:

Heh heh heh!

It did sound gay. It was a nice suplex though!

Bub666
23-Jul-2008, 03:55 AM
I watch They live earlier today.I love that movie.It is the greatest fight scene
ever.