PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation trailer...

Neil
17-Jul-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Terminator-Salvation-Trailer-9541.html

bassman
17-Jul-2008, 05:14 PM
Damn. And I was kind of anxious to see this on the big screen tonight in front of TDK. Not so much anymore. Looks...meh.

capncnut
17-Jul-2008, 05:49 PM
Nope, not liking this!

axlish
17-Jul-2008, 07:11 PM
What they've shown looks great. Unfortunately it isn't much too chew on.

Minerva_Zombi
17-Jul-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks like Transformers.... Not good...

Khardis
17-Jul-2008, 08:31 PM
Looks great, Bale will make John Connor look awesome as well. Cant wait to see it. Gonna be cool.

Neil
17-Jul-2008, 08:40 PM
Looks great, Bale will make John Connor look awesome as well. Cant wait to see it. Gonna be cool.

Someone tossy enough to call themselves 'Mc G'? Someone tossy enough to make not one, but TWO 'Charlies Angels Films'... Hmmm...

MikePizzoff
17-Jul-2008, 09:25 PM
I really can't pass much judgement on that trailer alone... although, it does look better than T3; I thought that movie SUCKED.

Danny
17-Jul-2008, 09:34 PM
that...actually looks allright, not a patch on t2 ill warrant mah watch on. but still this looks better than t3.

kinda feels like jericho meets screamers if ya get me.

Khardis
18-Jul-2008, 03:08 AM
Someone tossy enough to call themselves 'Mc G'? Someone tossy enough to make not one, but TWO 'Charlies Angels Films'... Hmmm...

What? English please.

capncnut
18-Jul-2008, 03:43 AM
Tossy: wanky, hand movement involved in masturbation

And yeah, someone who names themselves 'McG' and makes two Charlie's Angels films is a big ole wanker indeed. :D

Skippy911sc
18-Jul-2008, 03:05 PM
Take a look at what we call ourselves in this forum...does that make most of us wankers?

:lol:

I thought the trailer look pretty good for a teaser. That being said most trailers look pretty good and then splat!

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 05:10 PM
That being said most trailers look pretty good and then splat!

one of the essential truths of the world it seems.

comedies are esp. bad in this respect. how many times have you seen a trailer for a comdey that looked really fun then SLAM - when you see the actual movie you realize that the 90 second to 2 min trailer contained the only funny 2 mins in the entire film.

bassman
18-Jul-2008, 05:50 PM
comedies are esp. bad in this respect. how many times have you seen a trailer for a comdey that looked really fun then SLAM - when you see the actual movie you realize that the 90 second to 2 min trailer contained the only funny 2 mins in the entire film.

All of Will Ferrell's films post-anchorman have this problem, imo.

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2008, 06:02 PM
I will like some elements of T4 ... like I liked some elements of T3.

However, over all I thought T3 was unnecessary, poorly written, generally uninspired, and filled with too much cocky and ever so lame 'gags' to mug off at the audience ever so directly.

However - will I like T4 more than I did with T3? Who knows.

I certainly can't tell from that teaser.

It looks generally impressive from a production stand point, or well...not impressive perhaps, but expected, shall we say.

I still despise the whole PG-13 thing, as well as the general attitude behind making the movie - the whole spiel the producers were banging on about in regards to their "marketting strategy" being really "awesome" showed me exactly what mindset rests behind this flick.

As for the look of the action in the film again - it's not Cameron style, which was so important to the look of the first two Terminator films. Cameron has his own way of doing things and his own attitude to action ... to be honest that teaser just looks like any other average Hollywood actioner.

I'll judge fully in due course, of course, but I've not been keen on it from the start...so there we are then.

axlish
18-Jul-2008, 06:23 PM
Neil, how about I offer you one hundred thousand dollars to make a website about the Charlie's Angels films, lets see how tossy you become.

When you direct music videos, you'll take the first Hollywood job you can get.

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2008, 05:01 PM
I will like some elements of T4 ... like I liked some elements of T3.

However, over all I thought T3 was unnecessary, poorly written, generally uninspired, and filled with too much cocky and ever so lame 'gags' to mug off at the audience ever so directly.

However - will I like T4 more than I did with T3? Who knows.

I certainly can't tell from that teaser.

It looks generally impressive from a production stand point, or well...not impressive perhaps, but expected, shall we say.

I still despise the whole PG-13 thing, as well as the general attitude behind making the movie - the whole spiel the producers were banging on about in regards to their "marketting strategy" being really "awesome" showed me exactly what mindset rests behind this flick.

As for the look of the action in the film again - it's not Cameron style, which was so important to the look of the first two Terminator films. Cameron has his own way of doing things and his own attitude to action ... to be honest that teaser just looks like any other average Hollywood actioner.

I'll judge fully in due course, of course, but I've not been keen on it from the start...so there we are then.

Right on, Minon, I am in total agreement.

The tendency of Hollywood to release films as PG-13 annoys me worse than hemmorhoidal itch. Once again, they cater to focus groups and tween dollars. To hell with the tween audience, I say! Let them have their Hannah Montana and High School Musicals, and let the adults have some decent adult films! Death to the Hollywood producer machine!!!!