PDA

View Full Version : this might seem totally shocking but...

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 05:19 PM
the life long left winger and ardent democrat (though i don't always vote for democrats) that i am, is actually seriously considering voting for mcCain for a few reasons:

i think obama is an opportunist who is exploiting america's infatuation with him.

i doubt that obama has the chops to run this country without further running it into the ground.

McCain has a long history of service both military and civilian that obama simply doesn't measure up against.

ok, i'll get down off my soapbox.

Skippy911sc
18-Jul-2008, 05:39 PM
I can see your points...although I disagree with a few of them. 8 years ago I was with you, I thought McCain was the one. He was a centrist and worked well with both R and D. Now however, he seems to have sold his sole. He is acting more and more strangely, he has embraced all the things I disagree with and seems to be a man who will continue us in the same direction we are currently going. I don't think we can handle another 4 years of the current mess. I used to really like him and now I see this shift. He has appeared on the daily show more than a few times, and even J. Stewart has pointed out his many "Flip-Flops". (I hate that term) I think someone with a fresh view who is not embedded in the DC life is the best answer. Actually I really liked Edwards but I cannot cope with another 4 years of this ****! Although entitled to your opinion, I only hope you can research this a bit more through an unbiased source, I know they are getting harder and harder to find. Whatever happens I hope it works out for the best and they stick to a clean campaign...cough cough.

One last point, I watch alot of business news programs and I know that most of these people are for McCain due to his continuing the Bush Tax cuts, but when I watch a speech by McCain all I hear is what Obama is going to do, and most of that is incorrect. These seem to be the same games that cost McCain the Nom in 99

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 06:30 PM
in all reality dude, i am also seriously thinking about sitting this one out. mcCain flip-flops on things and obama seems rather clueless.

with a cold hard look at both of them, neither really seem attractive as president. we certainly cannot endure another 4 years like the last 8, there is no doubt in my mind about that. the republic seems to have about 7 and a half toes on the ledge right now.

i think it might come down to a lesser of two evils kind of thing. who knows once the smoke clears mccain might find his man parts again and speak with his own voice.

i try very hard not to get caught up in these sorts of things because i think that politics is base and childish. pundits on tv remind of 5 year olds argueing over whose dad can beat the others dad's up BUT i live in the all important (electionwise) state of ohio, where who is going to be president next will probably be decided. i don't think anyone has won the presidency without winning ohio in a long, long time.

Tricky
18-Jul-2008, 06:38 PM
i saw in the news today that obama used the N word & got shot down for it by the black community!what is it with that word,if a white man or a black politician uses it,its racist,but black hip hop & "hood" types use it as a term of affection :dead: im not wanting to start a debate on race & im not racist myself,but i just dont get it :confused:

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 06:43 PM
i saw in the news today that obama used the N word & got shot down for it by the black community!what is it with that word,if a white man or a black politician uses it,its racist,but black hip hop & "hood" types use it as a term of affection :dead: im not wanting to start a debate on race & im not racist myself,but i just dont get it :confused:

he might have gotten shot down because the NAACP has put out an appeal to black entertainers/public figures, etc. to stop using it.

or he might have gotten shot down because people just need something to start a shi* storm over sometimes.

Skippy911sc
18-Jul-2008, 07:03 PM
Jesse Jackson used the "N" word to describe Obama, because Obama is taking the Cosby stance on the African American family roles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710121/

Jackson also mentions cutting Obamas Nuts off.

Mike70
18-Jul-2008, 07:05 PM
Jesse Jackson used the "N" word to describe Obama, because Obama is taking the Cosby stance on the African American family roles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710121/

Jackson also mentions cutting Obamas Nuts off.

:lol:

jesse might be a pain in the keister sometimes but he certainly makes the country more interesting.

Dillinger
21-Jul-2008, 04:55 PM
the life long left winger and ardent democrat (though i don't always vote for democrats) that i am, is actually seriously considering voting for mcCain for a few reasons:

i think obama is an opportunist who is exploiting america's infatuation with him.

i doubt that obama has the chops to run this country without further running it into the ground.

McCain has a long history of service both military and civilian that obama simply doesn't measure up against.

I wouldn't vote for Obama or McCain. Obama is an idiot who's all fluff and no substance. He only says what his handlers want him to say. He's the epitome of a corporate controlled puppet. And John McCain is clinically insane. Being a POW for eight years in a Hanoi concentration camp scarred him for life. He's brave and I commend his service, but he's still fighting a war in his head, and that makes him dangerous. No wonder why he's a maverick. He's damaged goods, and if we let him in the white house, we'll be in Iran faster than you can say Iran. You have to be clear thinking and rational if you expect to be commander-n-chief, something John McCain is NOT.

So that leaves us with Libertarian candidate Bob Barr. He's no Ron Paul but he's our best, and SAFEST bet. He's getting my vote.

ProfessorChaos
21-Jul-2008, 05:48 PM
well, i think obama is the antichrist, so he's not getting my vote.:D

Mike70
21-Jul-2008, 06:07 PM
the anti-christ huh? :lol: prof. needs an old priest, a young priest and the daggers of mediggo.

axlish
22-Jul-2008, 12:35 AM
The G.O.P. welcomes your support ;)

My jaw dropped when told Ellen that he didn't support gay marriage on national TV. I love someone who sticks to their guns regardless of who they are sitting with.

acealive1
22-Jul-2008, 12:50 AM

obviously he didnt listen in flight school :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dillinger
22-Jul-2008, 01:07 AM
obviously he didnt listen in flight school :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heh heh heh!

Welcome to Hanoi Hotel, Cpt. McCain. Drop in anytime!

EvilNed
22-Jul-2008, 01:45 PM
I wish more countries were like switserland where they hold actualy democratic votes and elections.

Khardis
22-Jul-2008, 03:37 PM
I wish more countries were like switserland where they hold actualy democratic votes and elections.

I know, being neutral and built on the money of millions of slain jews from WW2 affords them that luxury I suppose.

Danny
22-Jul-2008, 03:41 PM
I know, being neutral and built on the money of millions of slain jews from WW2 affords them that luxury I suppose.

i know thats an offensive, jackass comment but i couldn't help but laugh:lol:

Mike70
23-Jul-2008, 08:20 PM
i know thats an offensive, jackass comment but i couldn't help but laugh:lol:

lets try it this way:

greek khardis wrote:

Knows, being neutral and employee that the money million of killed Jewish WW2 produces that luxury that I suppose

zombie04
23-Jul-2008, 08:59 PM
Well there's nothing wrong with voting for McCain. Sure I'm a dedicated Republican and he has my vote now anyways but in this election I do believe he is the best choice we have. I gave Barack Obama a chance and even went so far as to listen to him speak at my university three months ago. All I can say about him is he has a very clever campaign that has figured out how to get people to listen to how he speaks rather than what he says. Naturally there were plants in the audience asking questions and while he gave answers that sounded good, when you do a little research you'll find out it would either be 1) impossible or 2) way too expensive to achieve most of what he wants to.

While the GOP has greatly disappointed me in the past I think McCain is trustful enough for me to not throw my vote to the Libertarians and he is certainly more qualified for the job than Obama. Well, I guess there's alway Nader...:rolleyes:

EvilNed
23-Jul-2008, 09:05 PM

No, there is infact no relation between switserland neutrality and their democratic society. And guess what, in the 60's, a black person and a white person could sit next to each other in the bus in Switserland, so shut up. :)

Khardis
23-Jul-2008, 11:02 PM
No, there is infact no relation between switserland neutrality and their democratic society. And guess what, in the 60's, a black person and a white person could sit next to each other in the bus in Switserland, so shut up. :)

I guess its easy to have racial equality when you only have 1 actual race in your country. HOw many blacks are there in Switz, especially in the 60s? lol 5? When are they gonna give back all that money they stole from the Jews in WW2? Ahh Swiss, "the other white master race." I like the stuff Dennings said about them in the exorcist, funny stuff.

EvilNed
23-Jul-2008, 11:20 PM
I guess its easy to have racial equality when you only have 1 actual race in your country.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, the ignorance, so amusing.

Khardis
23-Jul-2008, 11:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, the ignorance, so amusing.

Yeah aren't they like 98% Caucasians (French, German, Italian, etc) 1% Turkish and 1% other? HUGE diversity. And don't they have one of the strictest naturalization processes in Europe, much of it based on Genetic stock?

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 12:04 AM
Yeah aren't they like 98% Caucasians (French, German, Italian, etc) 1% Turkish and 1% other? HUGE diversity. And don't they have one of the strictest naturalization processes in Europe, much of it based on Genetic stock?

Your point being what? That the US is somehow excused? Thus, the ignorance. :p They've STILL got the most democratic society on earth, and they STILL aren't as backward as certain other countries are/were.

SRP76
24-Jul-2008, 12:20 AM

But what about Switzerland?

Khardis
24-Jul-2008, 12:22 AM
Your point being what? That the US is somehow excused? Thus, the ignorance. :p They've STILL got the most democratic society on earth, and they STILL aren't as backward as certain other countries are/were.

I just think its funny to claim they're some paragon of racial equality when they have no meaningful racial diversity. Reminds me of the white liberals who live in million dollar homes and drive their BMWs to work every day who think we need to force bus middle class white kids into black inner city schools because we need more "diversity and racial understanding" but their kids go to private 99.9% white schools. I dunno, just something ignorant about that.

I will tell you one thing I like about the Swiss though, isn't there some rule that citizens are supposed to keep guns in their homes or something? I can totally get behind something like that, I think we need a law like that here.

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 12:28 AM
I just think its funny to claim they're some paragon of racial equality when they have no meaningful racial diversity. Reminds me of the white liberals who live in million dollar homes and drive their BMWs to work every day who think we need to force bus middle class white kids into black inner city schools because we need more "diversity and racial understanding" but their kids go to private 99.9% white schools. I dunno, just something ignorant about that.

Well, the same racial equality exists in all of Europe and has for decades. Of course there's injustices, but it's more of an european thing, not a Swiss exclusive club. No countries perfect. But Switserland is as close as it comes in my book and I think even you would prefer their democratic system over yours. Anyone would, who's not a politician.

MaximusIncredulous
24-Jul-2008, 01:24 AM
Hey, the Swiss make the best chocolate in the world, so they can't be all bad ;)

Khardis
24-Jul-2008, 01:24 AM
Well, the same racial equality exists in all of Europe and has for decades. Of course there's injustices, but it's more of an european thing, not a Swiss exclusive club. No countries perfect. But Switserland is as close as it comes in my book and I think even you would prefer their democratic system over yours. Anyone would, who's not a politician.

I wouldn't say there's oodles of racial equality in Europe. Hell look at the nightly riots in Paris from unassimilated African and Muslims who are pretty much culturally relegated to **** jobs and living in ghettos.

In the words of Hannibal Lecter "people don't always tell you what they're thinking, they just see to it that you don't advance in life." From the conversations I have had with minorities who moved here from France, England and Germany that sums up pretty nicely their version of "racial equality". But what do I know right? I am just a dumb evil American.

Mike70
24-Jul-2008, 01:34 AM
But what about Switzerland?

heard it's a nice place. expensive though.:D

clanglee
24-Jul-2008, 01:44 AM
To quote Kids in the Hall,

It's Time. . .
It's Time. . .
It's time to hate the Swiss!!

Sick of the Swiss

[Scott is Ed. Mark is unnamed. Scott his standing on a chair, with his leg up on a desk and he's leaning over on it, to be "in your face." Mark is standing next to him, a little behind.]

Scott: Hello. My name is Ed.

Mark: [speaks sing-songy throughout] He's sick of the Swiss.

Scott: That's right! I'm sick of their good reputation.

Mark: He's realllly sick of the Swiss.

Scott: I'm sick of their cheese. I'm sick of their chocolate. And, I'm especially sick of their blocky heroine, Heidi.

Mark: He's sick of the Swiss. He don't like `em.

Scott: I mean, every other nation in the world has taken their turn being maligned and slandered. But not the Swi-iss!

Mark: Icky, yucky, stinky, stupid Switzerland.

Scott: Well, that situation is over as of now. *Move* over America; there's a new asshole on the map! I've had it up to here with your skiing heroes! I've had it up to here with your mountains! I've had it up to here with your secret *bank* accounts! From now on, Switzerland, your name is mud.

Mark: If you roast `em all in a fondue pot, sure bet ya that they'll complain a lot. Whiny, whiny Switzerland.

Scott: Yeah. It's *war* between the Swiss and me. "But, they've never done anything wrong," you say.

Both: Ha!

Scott: What about the clock?

Mark: The clock.

Scott: Huh? If they hadn't invented the clock, I'd still be in bed...dreaming!

Mark: It's time. It's time. [looks at watch] Oh! It's time to hate the Swiss.

Scott: Zuricheads! Cuckoo cuckoos! Land locked losers!

Mark: Zuricheads. . .

Scott: Neutral ninnies! Boring bankers! Chalet pimps!!

Mark: Oh yeah, his name is Ed--he'd like to see the Swiss dead! He's sick of the Swiss!

Scott: [sticks finger in mouth and gags]

Mark: Hey! Got a problem with that Belgium?!

Video coming after I get off work and get home where I can see youtube.

Bub666
24-Jul-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey, the Swiss make the best chocolate in the world, so they can't be all bad ;)

Now I want some swiss chocolate.

clanglee
24-Jul-2008, 05:14 AM
Ah Ha!!! Found it. Very appropriate for what this converstion turned into.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2XTuc6i1Uo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2XTuc6i1Uo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't say there's oodles of racial equality in Europe. Hell look at the nightly riots in Paris from unassimilated African and Muslims who are pretty much culturally relegated to **** jobs and living in ghettos.

Well, hello, thanks for reading my post? Mr. Evil Dumb American.

(Notice how nice I am and not bringing up Katrina)

Khardis
24-Jul-2008, 02:09 PM
Well, hello, thanks for reading my post? Mr. Evil Dumb American.

(Notice how nice I am and not bringing up Katrina)

What does Katrina have to do with anything?

EvilNed
24-Jul-2008, 02:24 PM
What does Katrina have to do with anything?

I have no idea what the aftermath of Katrina has to do with racial equity. Not that any of it matters, as long as you just accept that no country is perfect, and they all (including Switzerland) have faults. But at least Switzerland has the best political system (or most democratic), and that like racial inequity, it has nothing to do with WW2.

Khardis
24-Jul-2008, 02:42 PM
I have no idea what the aftermath of Katrina has to do with racial equity. Not that any of it matters, as long as you just accept that no country is perfect, and they all (including Switzerland) have faults. But at least Switzerland has the best political system (or most democratic), and that like racial inequity, it has nothing to do with WW2.

The aftermath of Katrina has nothing to do with racial equity, as per Switzerland though I am sure being a tiny homogenous nation of similar culture background makes it much easier for there to be a more direct democratic process than it does in places of much larger population density and diversity. Plus when you are neutral and have no real worry for global politics the way other nations certainly do etc its also less to worry about in general. So I can see why their political process may be cleaner than other more powerful and relevant nations on earth.

Mike70
24-Jul-2008, 02:55 PM
ok guys this discussion about switzerland has gone on long enough. this thread o'mine has gone so far off its intended topic that it ought to be closed. so if we can't get back on topic (or at least close to it) this one is gonna be shutdown.

Kaos
24-Jul-2008, 03:22 PM
ok guys this discussion about switzerland has gone on long enough. this thread o'mine has gone so far off its intended topic that it ought to be closed. so if we can't get back on topic (or at least close to it) this one is gonna be shutdown.

Agreed.

Warnings will follow.