PDA

View Full Version : Dr Frankenstien - Day of the Dead 85

MonkeyFarm
19-Jul-2008, 03:11 PM
After just over an hour into the movie, a tape player of Logan is played where he is muttering something with what sounds like a zombie in the back ground, does anybody know what he is saying as i can't make it all out

capncnut
20-Jul-2008, 02:11 AM
After just over an hour into the movie, a tape player of Logan is played where he is muttering something with what sounds like a zombie in the back ground, does anybody know what he is saying as i can't make it all out
One for Philly SWAT or Dubious Comforts, I do believe.

Yojimbo
20-Jul-2008, 03:36 PM
Are you referring to the weird imaginary conversation that Frankenstein is having with his mother about the stockings, where he starts off saying something like "Those are my stockings...there, I've put them away. I'veput them away, mother! Be civil!"

Yeah, Philly or Dubious would know better about this one (no better sources of information than those two)

jim102016
20-Jul-2008, 04:24 PM
I always thought Logan was nuts, had childhood issues with his parents. In front of Sarah and Fisher, he reveils his father, who the club fellows referred to as Bub, was a wealthy surgeon who wasn't very supportive of his occupation (..."never be rich doing pure research"). God only knows what his mother was like. I think with the stress of the world falling apart on top of living in the bunker, he just had a nervous breakdown of sorts.

Doc
20-Jul-2008, 04:49 PM
Are you referring to the weird imaginary conversation that Frankenstein is having with his mother about the stockings, where he starts off saying something like "Those are my stockings...there, I've put them away. I'veput them away, mother! Be civil!"

Yeah, Philly or Dubious would know better about this one (no better sources of information than those two)

If you listen carefully during scene you can even hear him say "Take that off and That off!" and can hear a zombie in the background.......

What was he try to strip or something?:eek:

sandrock74
22-Jul-2008, 02:59 AM
He was just plain loco is all I think that recording was trying to show. Like we didn't already figure that out by then! lol

MaximusIncredulous
22-Jul-2008, 04:38 AM
Funny thing is that Logan, with all his issues, had more "character" than the others combined. Too bad Day didn't go a little deeper into his psychosis. He was a fascinating guy.

DubiousComforts
22-Jul-2008, 11:26 AM
I always thought Logan was nuts, had childhood issues with his parents.
^ Great observation.

The tape recording is an example of Logan's demented role-play methods to "domesticate" Bub. It's as though he is acting the 'mother' figure and speaking the words intended for Bub, who is obviously not responding well. It's abusive and violent, the way that you can imagine Logan was treated by his parents as a child.

I imagine the taped session also took place before Logan discovered how to placate Bub by rewarding him with human remains.

JasonEdw
08-Sep-2008, 05:44 AM
Dr. Logan was actually kinda likable, aside from the fact he was cracking, too.

axlish
08-Sep-2008, 11:28 AM
I always figured he was talking to a zombie other than Bub, one that wasn't as agreeable like the Mike Tursic* zombie perhaps.

I also don't think it actually portays him as loony. It could be perceived as such but it is no different than the conditioning he was giving to Bub. It was merely one of many overreactions by Sarah.

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 11:41 AM
Dr. Logan was actually kinda likable, aside from the fact he was cracking, too.

I agree,he's one of my favorite characters.

bassman
08-Sep-2008, 11:52 AM
I always thought it was a Norman Bates kind of thing...

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2008, 02:09 PM
I always thought Logan was nuts, had childhood issues with his parents. In front of Sarah and Fisher, he reveils his father, who the club fellows referred to as Bub, was a wealthy surgeon who wasn't very supportive of his occupation (..."never be rich doing pure research"). God only knows what his mother was like. I think with the stress of the world falling apart on top of living in the bunker, he just had a nervous breakdown of sorts.

Great post. Especially this part:

I think with the stress of the world falling apart on top of living in the bunker, he just had a nervous breakdown of sorts.

A stress-induced breakdown could very well bring his childhood issues and any predispositions towards depravity, psychosis etc. to the fore.

darth los
08-Sep-2008, 03:16 PM
^ Great observation.

The tape recording is an example of Logan's demented role-play methods to "domesticate" Bub. It's as though he is acting the 'mother' figure and speaking the words intended for Bub, who is obviously not responding well. It's abusive and violent, the way that you can imagine Logan was treated by his parents as a child.

I imagine the taped session also took place before Logan discovered how to placate Bub by rewarding him with human remains.

If that indeed is true then bub and big daddy are very different. Big Daddy didn't seem at all interested in feeding. It seems that By placating Bub with human remains was the only way to get him to shave. :lol: And how was that going to help their situation in the first place, training one ghoul when it wa sobvious he was the exception and not the rule?

Trin
09-Sep-2008, 08:38 PM
Precisely why Dr. Logan was horror genius.

He appears to have made a miraculous and startling leap in domesticating Bub and appears to be calm and collected while everyone else is cracking up.
But the hope he offers is dashed when you find out that his "answer" involves feeding the zombies, and that Bub is actually quite ravenous for flesh after all, and beneath the calm veneer Logan is actually more cracked up than anyone.

His scene in the meeting with Rhodes is just classic. "Is there food?" Sarah almost got shot for not sitting down and Logan talked Rhodes in a circle. That's some great foreshadowing of Logan's mental state. Any reasonable, grounded individual would've been at least a little scared of Rhodes in that situation.

I actually hated Logan in my first viewing. I thought he ruined the movie. He wasn't helping. He was a crackpot. He was the architect of all their problems. But he grew on me over time.

darth los
09-Sep-2008, 08:48 PM
Precisely why Dr. Logan was horror genius.

He appears to have made a miraculous and startling leap in domesticating Bub and appears to be calm and collected while everyone else is cracking up.
But the hope he offers is dashed when you find out that his "answer" involves feeding the zombies, and that Bub is actually quite ravenous for flesh after all, and beneath the calm veneer Logan is actually more cracked up than anyone.

His scene in the meeting with Rhodes is just classic. "Is there food?" Sarah almost got shot for not sitting down and Logan talked Rhodes in a circle. That's some great foreshadowing of Logan's mental state. Any reasonable, grounded individual would've been at least a little scared of Rhodes in that situation.

I never heard it quite put that way. Quite an astute analysis. I love it !!