PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bale arrested in London

capncnut
22-Jul-2008, 05:06 PM
Allegedy his mother and sister alerted police that he committed an assault after the premiere.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=672044

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2008, 05:50 PM
Whom did he assault, I wonder. It doesn't make it clear to me that it was his sister and mother which he assaulted.

Neil
22-Jul-2008, 06:41 PM
You wait till Alfred finds out!!!

Whom did he assault, I wonder. It doesn't make it clear to me that it was his sister and mother which he assaulted.

Sister and mother...

He's out on bail now...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7519689.stm

What a mess!

bassman
22-Jul-2008, 10:31 PM
Great. More "negative" publicity for The Dark Knight.

WHICH IS AWESOOOOME!!!!

:lol:

zombie04
23-Jul-2008, 01:32 AM
on an unrelated note another man was arrested around the same time and complained of stomach pains. Bale repeatedly asked for his phone call...could get interesting!

clanglee
23-Jul-2008, 01:35 AM
Took me a second. . . but funny.

Trencher
24-Jul-2008, 08:32 AM
The news source has an linked article wich pretty much assume that he did assult his mother and sister and ask if he has child-star syndrome.

Does that include relatives who pester you for money? My guess is that the mother and sister is trying to scam him for money. Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 04:23 PM
Does that include relatives who pester you for money? My guess is that the mother and sister is trying to scam him for money. Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.
Good guess, Trench.

Bale's sister Sharon needed 100,000 pounds. When she asked him to lend her the amount, he "pushed and shoved" her and his mother as well.

A source associated with the case said: "Bale is a very wealthy young man and was asked to help his sister out financially. He was asked to loan her 100,000 pounds, but he refused and that caused an almighty row. During that row, the women claim, he assaulted them by pushing and shoving them.

"Both Jenny and Sharon are terribly upset over what happened. They did not want any publicity and the last thing they wanted to do was wreck his premiere evening. But they say he bullied them. They are both devastated that it has come to this but want him to be taught a lesson."

Click (http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.asp?section=Movies&id=ENTEN20080058499) for full article.

Obviously he should give her the money but man, she sure picked a selfish time to ask...

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 06:29 PM
Obviously he should give her the money but man, she sure picked a selfish time to ask...
Difficult to suggest this... How do you know she hasn't asked 10 times before, he's given it to her, and never been paid back?

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 06:40 PM
Difficult to suggest this... How do you know she hasn't asked 10 times before, he's given it to her, and never been paid back?
Exactly, the reaction he gave might suggest he's been pestered many times for money, and the issue of the child star thing and the parental vibe, aye that makes a lot of sense.

Someone clearly tried to cash in and make a quick buck by saying he exploded on the T4 set and bitched out the DP after he messed up a shot, but someone else on set said it had been blown up out of proportion and that Bale was having a bad day - this was a couple of days before the premiere, and this main incident - so perhaps he'd been pestered for cash by his sister, and was all pissed off over it - and was still pissed off, hence the "push and shove" at the premiere.

I'd hardly call a push and a shove assault though. Flat out punching somebody in the face, that's assault, but a push and a shove? Christ, grow at least one testicle. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of him getting hassled for cash, because he is a rich man now and worth a lot too, and it's not the first time such a thing has happened.

Also, we don't know all the details, nor how their family dynamic is.

And indeed - if they 'didn't want to ruin his premiere' - why the f*ck did they bring up the cash at all then?! Doi...

Mike70
24-Jul-2008, 07:28 PM

f*ck her. of all the loserific types of people in the world, relatives that come begging for money are the worst - esp. brothers and sisters.

his sister "needs" 100,000 pounds - who the fu*k doesn't??

Anyone who makes their child work as an actor is a bad parent anyway and I sincerly doubt that the mother is truthfull here.

not just a bad parent but a horrid one. i mean let's think about this for a second - do we really need kids in movies or tv shows? no, we don't. call me crazy but kids would be better served by having an actual childhood, you know school, friends, playing, running, sports, etc., than by making mommy and daddy money by working as an actor. worse yet are the parents that are attempting to live vicarously through their kids.

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 07:40 PM
Apparently Bale was constantly bullied and beaten up after appearing in Empire of the Sun ... poor bugger.

And indeed, you "need" 100,000 quid?! Sounds like reckless spending just cos she's got a rich brother.

Bale doesn't strike me as a bastard either, so I'd assume he's right to be pissed about the money issue. And being shoved isn't assault for christ's sake, grow up. :rolleyes:

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 08:48 PM
Of course, I read into it differently for some reason but yeah, this could be the situation.

Also, we don't know all the details, nor how their family dynamic is.
Agreed.

bassman
24-Jul-2008, 09:45 PM
I've always loved Christian Bale's acting and roles. This is where it ends for me. That's what I don't get about these celebrity tabloids. Why is this different from anyone else? I've had fights with family members just as we all have. He get's picked out because he's a celebrity.

I watch his films. His roles. His career. What does his personal life have to do with that, you know?

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 09:59 PM
I watch his films. His roles. His career. What does his personal life have to do with that, you know?
Say that to the 'E' Entertainment channel. :D

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 10:03 PM
Say that to the 'E' Entertainment channel. :D
That channel makes my brain hurt ... it's astonishing ... I can't fathom it ... dear god.

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 10:31 PM
"And tonight we have the top 100 fashion disasters, let's see who's hot and who's not tonight on E..."

I mean who gives a f**k? :rolleyes:

clanglee
24-Jul-2008, 10:50 PM
For some reason there is HUGE money in gossiping about and slandering famous people. Here in the U.S. and probably Britain as well, we have people who only get famous through being gossiped about. (Paris Hilton, etc etc) It's sad. Just one more way people distract themselves from their own pitiful lives. That and really bad TV. . .and politics.:rant:

Trencher
25-Jul-2008, 07:37 AM
At least he can avoid them like the plauge now that they have shown their true colours. I dont mind it if they make a child act in a movie once or twice just for fun but if you make it a career then you are most likely not a good parent. It is women who feeds the tabloid parasites. As a man I would gladly pay hundres of dollars to never hear or see some tabloid news again. I think its envy that motivates the paparazzi and that they are just one step above psycho stalkers and criminals like that.

ProfessorChaos
28-Jul-2008, 07:48 PM
the only thing redeemable about the E channel is "the soup" with joel mchale. that show's a riot, and what's even better is that they poke fun at shows on the E network itself, such as "keeping up with the kardouchieans", "denise richards's colon...it's complicated", "the gold-diggers next door", etc.

some clips...if you've not check this show out, it's great.

cDZUk67FpB0
whiodBT6IxE
lKvSvxhdm9c

as for mr. bale, i think that the media is just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. like bassman said, everyone's had a disupute with a relative in their lives, and with out celebrity obsessed society, anytime someone famous farts, the whole world's gotta know.

MinionZombie
29-Jul-2008, 07:44 AM
I read some quote from someone who used to work with him for a long time, an assistant or something, they were saying how 'this had been brewing for a long time' - so essentially, that would suggest his older sister and his mother have been pestering him for money for a long time.

And that is a naughty no-no.

And I still don't call a push and/or a shove "assault" ... I mean, come on. :rolleyes:

In that case, there's kids assaulting each other every single day all over the world in the playground, but you know what - they're not - because it ISN'T assault.

Smacking somebody in the chops, that's assault ... shoving someone, that ain't.

acealive1
29-Jul-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1463051.ece

SymphonicX
29-Jul-2008, 03:23 PM
Hmmm, using The Sun as a source isn't a great idea!!!!! hahaha

but yeah, the dude is a bit of a whacko. I'd sort my family out, no worries, if i was that rich. £100,000 is like a tenner to that guy.