PDA

View Full Version : Favre cant use a phone how he wants

acealive1
23-Jul-2008, 07:28 PM
It's not as poetically idiotic as Chris Henry getting arrested while wearing his own jersey, but this one's in the same neighborhood.

Remember those tampering charges that the Packers filed against the Vikings? And remember how I thought it would be difficult for the Packers to prove that Favre had made inappropriate contact with the Vikings?

Well, that assumed that Brett Favre wasn't using a Packers-issued cell phone to make those calls to the Vikings. As it turns out, Favre may have done exactly that.

From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

...Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an interesting bit of information in a piece he wrote about the quarterback today.

McGinn writes that a source said Favre had continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone and that when the team checked the phone records it found “repeated calls to coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.”

The possibility of Favre having used a phone issued by the Packers had been speculated on last week after the Associated Press reported that Green Bay informed the NFL it felt “an investigation of the phone records would show more than ‘normal contact’ between the Vikings and Favre, even before he formally asked for his release to play for another team.”

In fairness to Favre, it should be mentioned that any phone calls he made to the Vikings were made in a gunslinging fashion, and through the entire conversation, he looked like a kid out there, just having fun.

Say this turns out to be true, and tampering by the Vikings can be proved. And say that the Packers do what they're expected to do, and block Favre from playing for the Vikings. Favre could end up costing the Vikings draft picks and fines while never playing a down for them, while also putting the Packers in this miserable position.

Give him a couple more weeks, and he might just find a way to tear down the entire NFC North.

i didnt know a stipulation of getting a FREE phone was that you couldnt call your friends regardless of who they work for. the packers are coming off looking selfish right here and dont want favre to make a living.

Bub666
23-Jul-2008, 08:09 PM
The packers are stupid if they trade him.

major jay
23-Jul-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh how I wish he would end up playing for Minnesota. There 1st game is in Green Bay, where they were planning a huge lovefest for Farve and retire his number for all times.
How awesome would that be?:lol:
Sadly that sounds too good to be true.

acealive1
24-Jul-2008, 04:12 AM
The packers are stupid if they trade him.

my god,man. are they ever. he's the best player this side of the 60's and at 38 he can play like that. on wonder green bay has no love from the city anymore. u pressure ur best player in franchise history into retiring,then nothing good comes your way.

major jay
05-May-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh how I wish he would end up playing for Minnesota.
How awesome would that be?:lol:
Sadly that sounds too good to be true.

It may happen yet! :)

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

major jay
18-Aug-2009, 07:27 PM
He's back!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/tcrine_photos/2690700258_69ab64bc7d1.jpg

Now here is some must see tv.

Minnesota at Green Bay November 1st.

BillyRay
18-Aug-2009, 07:40 PM
As the resident Cheesehead, I have to stick up for the Packer organization on this one.

Favre waffled over his retirement 2 years running. The second time, he all but said "I'm really retired this time. No kidding. really. I Mean it." So they bring up Aaron Rodgers as QB. Rodgers is no Favre, but he's pretty promising.

So Favre changes his mind, uh-gain, and gets in a snit because the Packers decide to stick with Rodgers. Y'know, make a decision and stand by it.

Gawd Bless Brett Favre, tho'; He took "us" to 2 Super Bowls, led one of the best collection of players that Titletown has ever seen, and simply loves the game too much to fully retire. Good for him.

But to be honest, his season with the Jets was less than impressive. He's playing like a guy at the end of his career. Favre being on the Vikings guarantees nothing for them. I just shudder at the "welcome" he'll recieve at Lambeau Field first time the Vikes play there...

SRP76
18-Aug-2009, 07:40 PM
Great news for the rest of the NFL. The Vikings are no threat so long as they rely on the most overrated player in NFL history.

Peterson will get them to the playoffs, and Favre will throw interceptions until they get taken out of them.

major jay
18-Aug-2009, 08:11 PM
I just shudder at the "welcome" he'll recieve at Lambeau Field first time the Vikes play there...

I would think it's going to get real ugly. But who knows, maybe the fans will have gotten over it by then.

I really think he's doing this to try and stick it to Packers managment, not the fans, and I think He's been wanting to do it for at least the last three or four years.

darth los
18-Aug-2009, 08:16 PM
Great news for the rest of the NFL. The Vikings are no threat so long as they rely on the most overrated player in NFL history.

Peterson will get them to the playoffs, and Favre will throw interceptions until they get taken out of them.

I wouldn't put hm in any sentence with the word overated. The man has a superbowl ring to go with 3 consecutive mvp's. In what world is that being over rated?

I do believe however, he's being living off of what he did in the 90's for atleast the last 5 years.

:cool:

SRP76
18-Aug-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't put hm in any sentence with the word overated. The man has a superbowl ring to go with 3 consecutive mvp's. In what world is that being over rated?

The guy won ONE championship. The same exact number as Trent Dilfer. The guy isn't God.

Exatreides
18-Aug-2009, 08:37 PM
Good to hear he's playing for the NFC north, Brigs and Urlacher could use a few more picks this year. :D

darth los
18-Aug-2009, 08:52 PM
The guy won ONE championship. The same exact number as Trent Dilfer. The guy isn't God.

But that's why you actually have to WATCH the games before making any judgments.

In the NBA Darko Milicic has a ring with the Pistons in 04' yet Patrick Ewing Doesn't. I guess that makes DArko a better player right?

:cool:

SRP76
18-Aug-2009, 09:01 PM
But that's why you actually have to WATCH the games before making any judgments.

In the NBA Darko Milicic has a ring with the Pistons in 04' yet Patrick Ewing Doesn't. I guess that makes DArko a better player right?

I don't care about basketball. Favre has single-handedly lost the playoffs for his team more times than anyone can count. He has done it the past two seasons in a row, by the way. So he's actually on an active suck/choke/cost-his-team streak.

The only thing Favre has going for him is numbers. And anyone that starts for 20 years is going to have those. One ring, about a hundred chokejobs, and stats he got simply as a result of getting old. Not the accomplishments of someone who is supposed to be the greatest thing to ever hit the field, as the media tries to claim him to be.

There's a list of better quarterbacks as long as your arm.

major jay
18-Aug-2009, 09:14 PM
There's a list of better quarterbacks as long as your arm.

Would you consider Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels to be on that list?

I sure don't.

SRP76
18-Aug-2009, 09:32 PM
Would you consider Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels to be on that list?

I sure don't.

Jackson has lost fewer games for the Vikings with bonehead plays than Favre will this year.

I guarantee at least 3 losses due to an idiotic pass forced into coverage by Favre that didn't need to be thrown this year.