PDA

View Full Version : Lucas milking even more money out of Star Wars...

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 10:27 AM
More talk of him 3D'ing the films...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-In-3D-Can-You-Handle-It-9610.html

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 10:35 AM
Bound to happen to Star Wars, and bound to happen to many other movies too.

When Jim Cameron's fancy new 3-D wizardry comes out, there'll be loads of films getting the 3-D treatment at least on DVD, and quite possible in cinemas.

It was always gonna happen.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 10:44 AM
Bound to happen to Star Wars, and bound to happen to many other movies too.

When Jim Cameron's fancy new 3-D wizardry comes out, there'll be loads of films getting the 3-D treatment at least on DVD, and quite possible in cinemas.

It was always gonna happen.

But this is nothing to do with Cameron?

This is a new technology where they can somehow 3D existing 2D films... Sounds VERY clever (as long as it works)...

Theoretically they can do any film... There's talk of doing it to the LOTR films as well...

Skippy911sc
24-Jul-2008, 03:34 PM
Anything for the Kids. At this point my kids have grown to love these films, the good and the bad. (good=Ep4,5,6-Bad=1,2,3). We are very excited about the new cartoon coming and I hope Lucas takes more of this approach to the genre.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 03:38 PM
Anything for the Kids. At this point my kids have grown to love these films, the good and the bad. (good=Ep4,5,6-Bad=1,2,3). We are very excited about the new cartoon coming and I hope Lucas takes more of this approach to the genre.
From what I've just read, your job as parent is basically complete :)

axlish
24-Jul-2008, 03:49 PM
Dawn of the Dead is getting the treatment, supposedly.

Bub666
24-Jul-2008, 03:58 PM
Dawn of the Dead is getting the treatment, supposedly.

Can't they just leave Dawn alone.It's perfect the way it is.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 04:02 PM
Can't they just leave Dawn alone.It's perfect the way it is.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/19/george-a-romeros-dawn-of-the-dead-getting-3d-revamp/

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 04:27 PM
A 3D version of Dawn would be the ultimate. :cool:

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 06:13 PM
Neil - what I was meaning is that Cameron is at the fore front of this whole new 3D tech. I've already heard about other, earlier (but new) 3D tech being talked about as "not all it's cracked up to be yet", but it's been maintained that Cameron will really bring 3D cinema properly into life - therefore, the whole "thing" of 3D becomes much larger - therefore, you get other companies setting up 3D processes and everybody hops on the band wagon.

That's more what I was getting at I guess, ach I duno ... ya picky bastard. :D

SRP76
24-Jul-2008, 09:05 PM
Didn't movies go through the 3D craze like a quarter of a century ago? What happened? It went over like a fart in church, that's what happened. I guess people don't learn their lesson.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 09:06 PM
Didn't movies go through the 3D craze like a quarter of a century ago? What happened? It went over like a fart in church, that's what happened. I guess people don't learn their lesson.

Yes, but that was with those horrid green/red goggles... The modern polarised glasses are a big improvement!!

capncnut
24-Jul-2008, 09:10 PM
I entertain the thought of a 3D Star Wars set and let's face it, it'll go down a storm with fans, which means Brewster's Millions for Fox. Besides, I think all those lazers whipping through the screen could be fun. There's certainly a lot of room for cool 3D moments in the series. :)

Danny
24-Jul-2008, 10:28 PM
when was the last time lucas worked on anything not to do with star wars or spielburg?

AcesandEights
24-Jul-2008, 10:33 PM

We are very excited about the new cartoon

We

Unjack from the hivemind! There's no excuse for Episodes 1, 2 or 3 :)

clanglee
24-Jul-2008, 10:36 PM
Money was the excuse!!

I would very dearly love to see a 3D Dawn, but even if they make it, I doubt it would play around here. :(