PDA

View Full Version : WALL.E - my thoughts...

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 10:36 AM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/07/walle.html

Put simply - I loved it. :)

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 10:39 AM
I've dibbed position to take my 5yr old to go and see this. ie: I'll take him week after next, and my other half isn't allowed to take him in the meantime...

Really looking forward to it... If it's half as good as Nemo I'll be happy...

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 10:42 AM
You'll be a heartless bastard if you don't enjoy it, Neil.

And I dare you not to choke up a bit in the final act. It's such a sweet movie, and not sickeningly so either, but just the right amount.

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 10:47 AM
You'll be a heartless bastard if you don't enjoy it, Neil.

And I dare you not to choke up a bit in the final act. It's such a sweet movie, and not sickeningly so either, but just the right amount.

Dude! I'm a blubbing mess with 'Finding Nemo'!

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 06:14 PM
Dude! I'm a blubbing mess with 'Finding Nemo'!
Then you're f*cked. :D

Neil
24-Jul-2008, 06:18 PM
Then you're f*cked. :D

Oh no! Must not cry in front of lots of little children... Must not cry in front of lots of little children...

My only worry is all the little kids will be making too much niose and distract me too much from the film :(

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2008, 06:27 PM
When I went there were plenty of kids, and there was rarely a peep out of them, certainly not high enough to over-ride the noise of the cinema.

Which reminds me of when I went to see the rather awesome Doomsday, fook me was it LOUD (with a capital "OW! MY EARS EXPLODED!"), and there were a few people in the audience who were chatty, including some cocky prick who thought he was suddenly the king of comedy when about three people laughed at his "could you turn it up a bit?" joke about the noise when the distributor logo showed.

Anyway, the movie was so loud, those few people were drowned out - plus someone must have told the management, cos somebody from the cinema popped in now and then to glare at the buffoons ... but I barely heard them once during the movie cos of the loudness.

Anyway, when I went to WALL.E, the kids were all rather well behaved (which was nice to see), the only mild distraction was anybody going to the toilet (for the FASTEST pee breaks I've ever seen). I never pee during a movie though, I get my entire money's worth ... which annoying has now GONE UP by 30 pence all of a sudden.

£6.50 for a prime time showing now! :eek:

Erm, yeah, you should be fine I think...well, I hope so for you anyway. Just focus really hard on the screen ... as well as trying not to cry in front of lots of little children. :D

I must admit I got a lump in my throat towards the end.

kidgloves
24-Jul-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree with MZ. Superb movie. I didn't really know much about it before i saw it and was pleasantly suprised by the setting and "message". Funnily enough there weren't many kids (well, little ones anyway) in our showing.:confused:

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jul-2008, 01:00 PM
Just caught it last night, I agree its good and tugs at the ole heart strings a bit.

One question, when Eve rebuilt him at the end, and he booted back up and wasn't quite normal... do you think his operating system was to blame? I believe he was running VISTA and thats why he wasn't working quite right. :D

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2008, 03:47 PM
Just caught it last night, I agree its good and tugs at the ole heart strings a bit.

One question, when Eve rebuilt him at the end, and he booted back up and wasn't quite normal... do you think his operating system was to blame? I believe he was running VISTA and thats why he wasn't working quite right. :D
hehe, ah man when he rebooted and wasn't the same, I was on the edge of my seat! Yeah, I blame Vista for it too, even 700 years of development can't fix Vista according to Pixar, haha.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jul-2008, 04:55 PM
hehe, ah man when he rebooted and wasn't the same, I was on the edge of my seat! Yeah, I blame Vista for it too, even 700 years of development can't fix Vista according to Pixar, haha.

Some new information.

turns out, WALL-E's boot up beeps are from the MAC OSX system, so I guess what pixar is saying is that MAC ain't all it is cracked up to be.

Danny
30-Jul-2008, 05:18 PM

dude.

your joking right?, in every disney movie there's a moment like that.

though in my screening all the kids were still, then when it turned out to be a fallacy (trying to narrowly avoid spoilers) they all breathed out a sigh of relief.

yes im jaded, but this time im jaded BECAUSE disney and pixar does this almost every time!

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd heard that the noise when he's finished charging his solar panels is from a Mac, but surely it's a good nod towards the company, surely Pixar have a bundle of Macs at their gaff.

Didn't play off as a dig to me anyway.

Hellsing - ugh, you're so bloody jaded all the damn time. You're so jaded in fact, that you make other people jaded about you being jaded, gah!

I'm so glad I can just let a movie spirit me away and suck me right in.

By all means, be jaded about friggin' Disaster Movie et al, but leave poor ickle WALL.E alone! He's too cute for jaded juice!

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jul-2008, 08:59 PM
You missed the irony...

When I found out it was MAC OSX it was my chance to take a stab at MAC considering they always JAB PC's and WINDOWS

AcesandEights
30-Jul-2008, 11:01 PM
Put simply - I loved it. :)

I liked the live action version better.

(Yeah, I'm a dick :D)

DjfunkmasterG
30-Jul-2008, 11:03 PM
No disassemble #5 :rant: :D

MinionZombie
31-Jul-2008, 10:21 AM
Johnny 5 was the shiznit, I've got the DVDs, an absolute classic from my kiddie-hood. Still a great film too.

Neil
05-Aug-2008, 02:20 PM
Beautiful, sweet, charming, alarmingly insightful in certain areas, and generally just a great innocent fun ride :)

horrormad
05-Aug-2008, 02:26 PM
I went to watch this film thinking that It would be sh*t being a horror fan but I actually enjoyed It.

Bub666
05-Aug-2008, 03:03 PM
I took my son to see this last night,and he loved it.I thought it was really good.

MinionZombie
05-Aug-2008, 06:02 PM
Beautiful, sweet, charming, alarmingly insightful in certain areas, and generally just a great innocent fun ride :)
Finally! Neil finds a film to simply love and just rant about how "gay for it" he is! :p

...(couldn't resist, hehe)...

Or did you have any gripes? I can't think of anything about the movie I'd wanna change, it just works baby, it works.

Beautiful, sweet, charming, alarmingly insightful in certain areas, and generally just a great innocent fun ride

Correct on all counts, Sir.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Aug-2008, 05:45 PM
I took my son to see this last night,and he loved it.I thought it was really good.

Yep it is good. I still think about some of the funnier moments from time to time.