PDA

View Full Version : GREAT idea

acealive1
27-Jul-2008, 04:35 AM
since some of us live close to each other (ohio, pennsylvania,michigan)

why dont we try to do a proper remake of dawn? it'd be easier than hell to get the permits for shooting AKA just ask. and im sure they wouldnt mind us filming as long as it was after business hours.

could be placed under the guise of "student film" and it would be strictly non profit so we'd be able to secure grants and free ammenaties for filming purposes.

whaddya say?

SymphonicX
27-Jul-2008, 07:58 AM
I think there's a very anxious Richard Rubinstein out there to stop that from ever happening

still, if it ever happened I'd fly over from the UK to be a part of it!!

acealive1
27-Jul-2008, 05:13 PM
i dont know how he'd get any money when theres none to be had

Bub666
27-Jul-2008, 06:30 PM
It sounds like a great idea,but it would be very hard to do.Plus Richard Rubinstein would never allow it.

CornishCorpse
29-Jul-2008, 01:53 PM
Well what if Rubenstein had a little "accident"? Id love to see a true remake of dawn. Shot for shot, maybe some small diffrences. Hmm brings up a intresting question..thread time.

acealive1
29-Jul-2008, 06:25 PM
Well what if Rubenstein had a little "accident"? Id love to see a true remake of dawn. Shot for shot, maybe some small diffrences. Hmm brings up a intresting question..thread time.

if it was a non profit effort, im sure rubenstein wouldnt care,cuz what money could he make?

theres a streets of fire sequel thats filming now and walter hill cant get jack from it even though it stars like 3 of the same lead people (michael pare, deborah van valkenburgh, amy madigan) and they still use the same names in the film.

and yes an "accident" could happen :elol::elol:

you'd be surprised what kinds of things happen out of the goodness of peoples hearts. we could use peoples helicopters but just have them fly it. so.....no charge.

sandrock74
29-Jul-2008, 11:41 PM
Youd need money to get filming permits and not to mention, for special FX. People who can act wouldn't hurt either.

By the way, I never realized that alot of us are kinda centered in the PA, OH, MI, NY, IL area. I wonder if that has to do because of the films being made (primarily) in PA? I know that was a factor for me!

Khardis
29-Jul-2008, 11:50 PM
Why would you want to remake a classic shot for shot? I think that would actually be a little absurd. I like remakes that give a new story with a similar premise. If I want to watch Dawn of the Dead I will watch GARs version.

VannOfTheDead
30-Jul-2008, 05:06 AM
I live less than an hour from Monroeville Mall and would love to do this lol

Minerva_Zombi
30-Jul-2008, 06:53 AM
id be down. but, the idea of it ever happening is a long shot.

AcesandEights
30-Jul-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, if it could be done, I think it'd be fun to be involved with. *shrug*

I've often thought how cool it would be for there to be an international collaborative (UK and US) film project done up for the website, by the website peeps. But since it would be a pain and I have little in the way of experience or practical film-related skills, I never even mentioned it. Surely the logistics would be difficult and the toughest part would be getting people involved and then wrangling the initiative into a coordinated project. But think about how cool it'd be...

theres a streets of fire sequel thats filming now and walter hill cant get jack from it even though it stars like 3 of the same lead people (michael pare, deborah van valkenburgh, amy madigan) and they still use the same names in the film.

Ace, you made my day with this...truly odd...but very cool news. I love the original Streets of Fire!

acealive1
04-Aug-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, if it could be done, I think it'd be fun to be involved with. *shrug*

I've often thought how cool it would be for there to be an international collaborative (UK and US) film project done up for the website, by the website peeps. But since it would be a pain and I have little in the way of experience or practical film-related skills, I never even mentioned it. Surely the logistics would be difficult and the toughest part would be getting people involved and then wrangling the initiative into a coordinated project. But think about how cool it'd be...

Ace, you made my day with this...truly odd...but very cool news. I love the original Streets of Fire!

glad i could make your day,bro.

and idk bout you but theres people on here saying "oh u need permits and licenses"

if thats true,then how the hell did freddy vs the ghostbusters get made and no one sued? oh wait, also what about all those zombie films that heavily borred from romero's ideas which he in turn took from another film? day of the dead 2, anyone? yea,its called student film or non profit. i want to make this strictly for the real fans who'd like to see some sort of faithful remake. update where its needed,but within ourselves here, we know where to get free resources as long as people get proper credit for it.