PDA

View Full Version : Last Blood - Vampires & Zombies

Neil
28-Jul-2008, 07:45 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3if7b717939831cbe24d5dcdbe8e53df6b

It sounds like the kind of bedtime story Stewie Griffin would love.

"Family Guy" showrunner/executive producer David A. Goodman has been hired to adapt the Blatant Comics horror property "Last Blood" into a feature film screenplay. Benderspink is producing.

"Last Blood," created by Bobby Crosby and Chris Crosby, follows the human survivors of a zombie massacre who find themselves protected by a band of vampires who need their blood to survive.

Goodman, repped by UTA and Benderspink, has an overall TV deal with 20th Century Fox. The Emmy-nominated writer-producer also has scripted an in-development remake of the 1978 comedy "Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?" for producer Eric Gold at Warner Bros.

Benderspink has several other comic properties in development, including "The Ghouly Boys" at Mandate Pictures and "Y: The Last Man" and "Power and Glory" at New Line.

MagicMoonMonkey
30-Jul-2008, 11:49 AM
Neil,

I used to spend a fair bit of time reading stories in the Fiction Section of the old forums. Within your fiction section is a story with the exact same premise and it was written a good 7-8 years ago.

The story was called Preservation of the Species and involved the relocation of humans to a 'safe' zone cleared and protected by the vampires to ensure the survival of both species for obvious reasons.

The story harboured within the fiction section was quite brilliant in its idea and I would recommend everyone give it a read if it is still available.

A potential idea ownership fight on the horizon?

Neil
30-Jul-2008, 11:53 AM
I remember it! I almost mentioned it myself in the OP...

Quite a nice idea really isn't it, offering quite a different take on the traditional zombie apocalypse... :)

MagicMoonMonkey
30-Jul-2008, 12:33 PM
The writer of that particular story did a wonderful job in his creation. I loved how he kept the vampire thing hidden initially and the nature of the 'Shipment'. The reader did wonder why people would be protecting a shipment so secretly in an undead world, but when revealed, it made for an excellent twist in the genre.

I did email the writer at the time of it being published here suggesting he expand on the idea as it would make a very entertaining movie.

I had been writing a story for the fiction section for some time (I must admit I do not have the greatest vocabulary in the world so it takes longer than most to express properly in writing what I want to say). I was trying to tell the story of a hunt for a serial killer in a world falling apart as society tried to deal the the dead walking. I had got near the end and had to scrap it for the mean time as I had a lengthy scene where Tornado GR4's were napalming the streets of Glasgow as sub-plot characters tried to flee the city and escape to Jura and the resolution of the serial killer / Taggart/Rebus type character stroy. Then 28 Weeks later showed the firebombing of London and I don't want people to think I ripped the idea off of that. So I stopped writing it.

Neil
30-Jul-2008, 01:31 PM
I had been writing a story for the fiction section for some time (I must admit I do not have the greatest vocabulary in the world so it takes longer than most to express properly in writing what I want to say). I was trying to tell the story of a hunt for a serial killer in a world falling apart as society tried to deal the the dead walking. I had got near the end and had to scrap it for the mean time as I had a lengthy scene where Tornado GR4's were napalming the streets of Glasgow as sub-plot characters tried to flee the city and escape to Jura and the resolution of the serial killer / Taggart/Rebus type character stroy. Then 28 Weeks later showed the firebombing of London and I don't want people to think I ripped the idea off of that. So I stopped writing it.

What a shame!

I remember with 'Testament' I couldn't believe anyone else hadn't thought of the idea, and was paranoid with my slow writing of it, that at any moment someone would send in a story of a similar ilk...