PDA

View Full Version : Low Budget zombie films I would recommend

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 11:01 AM
These are a few good ones If you havent seen them.

The video dead
shock waves
Children shoudnt play with dead things
Zombi lake
zombie dead
Let sleeping corpses lie
zombie holocaust
zombie high
Dellamirte Dellamore

SymphonicX
29-Jul-2008, 11:13 AM
Let sleeping corpses lie is a great one! Love it....

horrormad
29-Jul-2008, 11:16 AM
Let sleeping corpses lie is a great one! Love it....

It Is a briiliant film I own 2 version whichIs the let sleeping corpses lie and The living dead at Manchester morgue cool zombie film.

Bub666
29-Jul-2008, 04:28 PM
I just got Let sleeping corpses lie,and I really enjoyed it.I watch children shoudn't play with dead things last week,and I liked that one too.

axlish
29-Jul-2008, 05:13 PM
The only films I would suggest from that list is Dellamorte Dellamore (known as Cemetery Man here in the States) which is a brilliant film, and Zombie Holocaust which is merely a low budget repeat of Fulci's Zombie (2).

The rest of the films are not that great, and this is coming from someone who loves Hell of the Living Dead.

Bub666
29-Jul-2008, 05:18 PM
I have Dellamirte Dellamore,and that is a good movie.

Yojimbo
29-Jul-2008, 06:30 PM
Cemetery Man/Dellamirte Dellamorte is a great film. But I cannot make heads or tails of the end. Can someone explain this ending to me?

Bub666
29-Jul-2008, 06:34 PM
Cemetery Man/Dellamirte Dellamorte is a great film. But I cannot make heads or tails of the end. Can someone explain this ending to me?

That is my only beef with the movie too.

axlish
29-Jul-2008, 06:40 PM
The end suggests that Dellamorte and Gnaghi exist in one of those crystal balls that you turn upside down to make it snow.

C5NOTLD
29-Jul-2008, 10:42 PM
These are a few good ones If you havent seen them.

Let sleeping corpses lie

One of the best zombie films of all time. Ranks right up there with Romero's work.:cool:

major jay
29-Jul-2008, 11:33 PM
Zombie 3 is a good one. There are fast zombies, slow zombies, zombie birds, and even a flying zombie severed head. It also rips off an action movie called Vanishing Point by having a blind deejay character in it.

capncnut
29-Jul-2008, 11:57 PM
Zombie 3 is a good one. There are fast zombies, slow zombies, zombie birds, and even a flying zombie severed head. It also rips off an action movie called Vanishing Point by having a blind deejay character in it.
Please Jay, don't make me come out of my Fulci zombie sequel closet. :D

Dillinger
30-Jul-2008, 12:01 AM
Good thread.

Shock Waves is a killer flick. Zombie nazis and Peter Cushing, baby. You can't go wrong with that lethal combination.

Here's a few non-Romero zombie movies that I recommend:

Night Life, House of Seven Corpses, My Boyfriend's Back, The Return of the Living Dead, Video Dead, Bloody New Year, Night of the Creeps

capncnut
30-Jul-2008, 12:20 AM
Shock Waves is a killer flick. Zombie nazis and Peter Cushing, baby. You can't go wrong with that lethal combination.
Good call Dillinger, I love that movie. Then again, I love anything with Peter Cushing in. :)

Bub666
30-Jul-2008, 12:28 AM
I love Night of the creeps.That is a great movie.

clanglee
30-Jul-2008, 12:48 AM
I always had a special place in my heart (cold shriveled thing that it is) for Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

slickwilly13
30-Jul-2008, 05:10 PM
Zombi 3 is a piece of sh!t. I was smoking dro at the time and it didn't even help. I feel sorry for Fulci, since his name was on it.

Yojimbo
01-Aug-2008, 12:26 AM
The end suggests that Dellamorte and Gnaghi exist in one of those crystal balls that you turn upside down to make it snow.

Got that much axlish, but am confused about what this is supposed to mean. Is is symbolic of something? Does it mean that they and their world is imaginary, or, hell I don't know. Or is it - like Freud would say- "sometimes a snow globe is just a snow globe" ?

Don't get me wrong, I dug the movie and the ending was one of those weird ones that have you sitting around wondering and debating it's meaning. I am not one of those dudes that needs a nice wrap job with a lovely ribbon tied into a bow at the end, just wondering what the other heads here have made of that ending.

clanglee
01-Aug-2008, 01:48 AM
Not to mention that all of a sudden Nagi was smart and Dellamorte was saying "nyaaa" Weird wild stuff

MoonSylver
01-Aug-2008, 05:26 AM
That's the cool thing about Dellamorte Dellamore. It's not 100% spelled out. There's lot's of room for personal interpretation. I've searched around alot & read a lot of cool interpretations, everything from:

That they're in hell & Nagi is the devil.

They're all dead & in some limbo/afterlife. Also that Franchesco is actually a servant of death in that he's killing the dead to keep them from returning to the land of the living.

That it's all his buddy Frano's coma induced hallucinations(that Nagi & Franhesco are elements of his personality, that what we're seeing is his mind working out the horrible things he's done after he kills his wife & child.

Probably more that I've forgotten.

The general consensus I've seen on Franchesco & Nagi changing places is that Nagi is truly the wise one, who understands the meaning of life, & that Franchesco is the idot, who doesn't understand life, death, or love.

There's quite a bit of discussion on the IMDB boards.

I love that movie. Very existentiall.

MontagMOI
02-Aug-2008, 01:35 PM
Dellamorte Dellamore....
mmmmmm...... Anna Falchi.........

Yojimbo
02-Aug-2008, 04:22 PM
That's the cool thing about Dellamorte Dellamore. It's not 100% spelled out. There's lot's of room for personal interpretation. I've searched around alot & read a lot of cool interpretations, everything from:

That they're in hell & Nagi is the devil.

They're all dead & in some limbo/afterlife. Also that Franchesco is actually a servant of death in that he's killing the dead to keep them from returning to the land of the living.

That it's all his buddy Frano's coma induced hallucinations(that Nagi & Franhesco are elements of his personality, that what we're seeing is his mind working out the horrible things he's done after he kills his wife & child.

Probably more that I've forgotten.

The general consensus I've seen on Franchesco & Nagi changing places is that Nagi is truly the wise one, who understands the meaning of life, & that Franchesco is the idot, who doesn't understand life, death, or love.

There's quite a bit of discussion on the IMDB boards.

I love that movie. Very existentiall.

Nice, brother!

Thanks Moon!

MoonSylver
02-Aug-2008, 10:44 PM
Dellamorte Dellamore....

Mmmmm & Mmmmm-Hmmmmm!:D

Nice, brother!

Thanks Moon!

No prob! There are more out there I'm sure if you google 'em up. That's a movie I love thinking about, which means it's thought provoking I guess!;)

CSPWDT & LSCL are two of my all time favorites in the low budget variety.

All the Italian ones such as Zombie, Hell of the Living dead, Burial Ground, Gates of Hell, the Beyond, Nightmare City, Zombie Holocaust & Oasis of the Zombies I dig.

The Dead Next Door & Flesheater I'm very fond of.

I actually enjoyed House of the Dead & the Dead Hate the Living, even though they're terrible.

All the Hong Kong/Japanese one's such as Biozombie, Versus, Junk, & Wild Zero I thought were fun.

I've seen some ULTRA low budget ones that still managed to be entertaining, such as Feeding the Masses, Biohazardous, & Dead Life.

Some of these are plain ol' good & some are of the so-bad-they're-good variety, so don't assume they're all equal.;)

clanglee
05-Aug-2008, 01:27 AM
Dellamorte Dellamore....

Oh yes. . .oh yes indeed. Um. . .:shifty:. . .anyone have any tissues?

Millard Rausch
08-Aug-2008, 04:30 PM
Outpost

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892899/

A sort of updated Shockwaves no Peter Cushing,
or Dummies whose boat broke down,in their stead
are the dumbest would be mercenaries you ever saw.