View Full Version : UK folks - British Gas raises bills by 35%

Neil
30-Jul-2008, 02:58 PM
Mumma!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7533389.stm

SymphonicX
30-Jul-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm with Scottish Power...last month my bill was 7 quid...and we had baths every night! I got a ****ing ace boiler, well efficient, so hopefully we won't be hit too hard by the future energy hikes....government's gotta do something about this though, it's ridiculous, and they're watching us all die out here....

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2008, 03:56 PM
They coulda done something - i.e. NOT selling out gold at rock bottom prices, NOT borrowing us all up to the hilt, and NOT splashing money around like it was dead leaves on the ground in the Autumn.

But they did all that, so they've got no money left, thanks a bunch. Taxes keep shooting up along with the energy costs, it's sh*t. My folks are paying RIDICULOUS prices for energy, and Council Tax which is WAY above the so-called "high" level news readers go on about.

F*ckin' Brown ... ... dick.

Tricky
30-Jul-2008, 05:13 PM
I still live with the folks cos i cant afford to move out even though im in a pretty well paid job for the part of the country i live in,so ive no chance of moving out with prices shooting up as they are!just running my car seems to cost me half my salary!i think moving abroad is the best option for those that can,its certainly something im looking at although i wouldnt just do it on my own,i wouldnt have the balls,i'd need a mate or girlfriend with me

MinionZombie
30-Jul-2008, 06:40 PM
I still live with the folks cos i cant afford to move out even though im in a pretty well paid job for the part of the country i live in,so ive no chance of moving out with prices shooting up as they are!just running my car seems to cost me half my salary!i think moving abroad is the best option for those that can,its certainly something im looking at although i wouldnt just do it on my own,i wouldnt have the balls,i'd need a mate or girlfriend with me
Ugh, tell me about it.

Apparently OUR generation are going to be the first generation in a good while, who'' be lucky to do as well as our parents, rather than definitely better than.

Thanks Brown ... ... dick.