PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter 4

slickwilly13
30-Jul-2008, 08:26 PM
I just downloaded and watched the gameplay footage on XBL. I am blown away. A must buy for me, after I purchase an arcade stick from Hori. This game looks bad ass!

CoinReturn
30-Jul-2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that footage looked excellent. I gotta buy a Hori stick asap.

slickwilly13
30-Jul-2008, 09:21 PM
I am saving up for a Hori stick right now. For arcade games, Soulcalibur, and this game. I found one for $55 plus shipping which is around $69 or I can get the Soulcalibur edition for $60.

Bub666
03-Aug-2008, 01:51 AM
This looks great.I can't wait to get it.

ProfessorChaos
04-Aug-2008, 06:15 PM
the graphics looked great, and it brought back all kinds of nostalgia for me. i'm looking forward to playing it, but don't think they should charge any more than forty bucks for the game...i don't think it's gonna offer anything that new or exciting. still, it would be fun for a stroll down memory lane.

slickwilly13
14-Aug-2008, 04:51 AM
It hit the U.S. arcades. Too bad its not in my area. Btw, I ordered 2 Hori sticks. My friend and I are slitting the shipping cost. A little over $60 each.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26540161

slickwilly13
09-Jan-2009, 09:14 PM
Here's a video link for the controllers and joysticks that will be released next month. I already have the TE joystick preordered. I plan on modifying my Hori stick in the future, too. Btw, the controllers are based off the Sega Saturn design.

http://ces.gamespot.com/video.html?sid=6202965

slickwilly13
17-Feb-2009, 05:06 PM
It is out this week. My copy will be in today or tomorrow. I hope I get my TE Fightstick.

darth los
17-Feb-2009, 05:23 PM
Be sure and post and review, i'd love to see if it's a buy or a rent.

:cool:

slickwilly13
17-Feb-2009, 10:43 PM
I have it in hand right now. I bought the Collector's Edition for the 360. My TE Fightstick will be in between now and the end of the 1st week of March. Gamestop just called me 10 minutes ago.

Contents of C.E.: game, soundtrack on cd, a movie *PS3 version is Blu-Ray*, figure of C.Viper *360* or Ryu *PS3*, hint book, and a code for the Brawler Pack *alt. costumes for Zangief, E. Honda, Abel, Rufus, & El Fuerte*.

Mini review 2 diffrent controllers: XBOX Controller vs Hori Fighting Stick EX2

EX2 is crap and I will mod this joystick in the future. The buttons, themselves, work great. But the actual joystick and cheap square gate need to be replaced with superior parts. It is very difficult to do dragon punch and quarter circle motions. That includes Super and Hyper moves, too.

The d-pad is the winner in this one. It responds pretty good. Far better than SF2 or SSF2 on XBL. I can do all the above mentioned that the EX2 cannot do well. It is far from perfect, but pretty good. A lot better than expected.

slickwilly13
05-Mar-2009, 08:13 PM
I just spent a good hour testing out the TE Fightstick. It beats out both: the controller and the Hori EX2. They do not even come close. This joystick plays just as any other arcade stick *cabinet machines*. I can use charge characters such as Balrog, E. Honda, M. Bison, etc with no problems. Even their supers and ultras come out with ease compared to the EX2 and d-pad. Akuma's super *LP,LP,forward, LK, FP* & ultra *LP,LP,back,LK,FP* can now be performed under one second and usually on the first attempt. I can now enjoy this game the way it was meant to be played.