PDA

View Full Version : Metal Masters Tour

MikePizzoff
31-Jul-2008, 06:03 PM
Who's going to this?!?! I can't f*cking wait! I'm seeing it on Wednesday..

For those of you that don't know who's on the bill (some people live under a rock):

Testament
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Judas f*ckin Priest!

Mike70
31-Jul-2008, 06:11 PM
Who's going to this?!?! I can't f*cking wait! I'm seeing it on Wednesday..

For those of you that don't know who's on the bill (some people live under a rock):

Testament
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Judas f*ckin Priest!

i haven't seen any of those bands in eons but sadly the closest it's coming to here is pitt or chicago.:(

MikePizzoff
31-Jul-2008, 09:19 PM
i haven't seen any of those bands in eons but sadly the closest it's coming to here is pitt or chicago.:(

That's a shame, man. I'm lucky enough to have it coming to basically right down the street from me.

MoonSylver
31-Jul-2008, 10:42 PM
Judas f*ckin Priest!

Priest rules. Check my sig.;) Caught them on "Rock Line" last week. Good stuff. Just got "Nostradamus" recently. Still letting it sink in. Very different. But awesome.

capncnut
31-Jul-2008, 10:46 PM
Noice, Mr Pizz! Do give us a report when you get back from the concert. :cool:

MikePizzoff
05-Aug-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm going tomorrow! I'll let you all know how it goes.

slickwilly13
05-Aug-2008, 04:54 PM
I attended Wrestlemania in Houston back in either 2000 or 2001. When Triple H was fixing to come out I turned around and Motorhead was performing live on the stage unanounced. And not too far from where I was sitting. It was f#cking cool!!!

MikePizzoff
05-Aug-2008, 05:14 PM
Whoa, that's pretty fnckin awesome!

slickwilly13
05-Aug-2008, 05:21 PM
Ths is what he performed live.

SFG3dJy5QHY

SymphonicX
05-Aug-2008, 05:31 PM
I love Priest, have done since I was 13....I got their devil's tuning fork logo tatooed on my back. Priest haven't come here with Nostradamus yet, they did a day in Download festival but there was no way in hell I was going to that travesty of a place.

I did a photoshoot for rob halford a few years ago when he released his solo album Crucible, he's a great guy!!

I am also on the Priest Live in London 2001 DVD in the audience...I wore a bright red santa hat which I threw on stage and Tim Owens offered it to Glenn Tipton, but he wouldn't wear it!!! You can see me (all young and innocent) screaming away to Blood Stained on that DVD...many, many times.

Nostradamus is genius, I love it. It's got some great moments in there, and the orchestrations are brilliant...love what they did with this, it's a cut above anything since Painkiller.

MikePizzoff
05-Aug-2008, 06:51 PM
Hell yeah. Priest is my favorite band, man. In my honest opinion, there is no singer that can even hold a candle to Rob Halford... metal or not, he's the best vocalist of all time.

I've been trying to figure out a good spot amongst my tattoo's to get the same Priest tatt. Haven't quite figured it out yet, but it'll be on me some day, for sure.

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2008, 05:26 PM
Yesterday was the best show I've ever seen (and may ever see) in my life.

We knew gates were at 5:30, so we decided to show up at the parking lot of the venue around 2 PM. Tons of friends, new and old, showed up. Mass quantities of alcohol was consumed. Puking was an obvious aspect.

I headed into the venue at about 5:45 because I knew Testament was going on first. I didn't know they'd play AS SOON as the gates opened, though. We got to our seats just in time to catch the last two songs of their set and they were off the stage before it was even 6 PM. :(

Went and spent $8 on a beer because... if I'm watching a good band, I like to have a beer in my hand. Arrived back to our seats just in time for Motorhead to hit the stage. Although they played good, they just weren't nearly as loud as the last time I had seen them at the same venue, back in 2003. They also didn't play pretty much any songs I wanted to hear, but with a catalog as big as theirs, that was kind of expected.

Time for another $8 beer and one for the lady that was with me. I've only bought three beers so far and I'm already out $24!!! Time for Black Sabbath. The lights went out and E5150 played over the monitors while giant stone gargoyles eyes glowed red and their mouths spewed fog out all over the stage... a dim dark blue light set the mood. Vinnie, Tony, and Geezer strolled onto the stage and the place went apesh1t. They broke into Mob Rules and Dio came running out... then the place really went apesh1t. They played a good set, but I was really disappointed with the fact that they had a drum solo AND a guitar solo when they were an opening band. These solos took up so much time that they could've easily played another three songs. Oh well, they ruled. Hard.

More $8 beers... :rolleyes: ... JUDAS PRIEST went on. Talk about a roar from the crowd. Everyone was super pumped up from the first three bands, so they were all going nuts. They opened with a couple of songs off their new album, Nostrademus, then the remainder of their set was all classics with the exception of Angel off Angel Of Retribution, which I thought should've been cut from the set and replaced with Sinner! Anyway, they sounded even better than the last two times I caught them, back in 2005. Halford's voice is almost as good as ever! Thankfully he seemed to of ditch the robot-dancing/walking he did on the last tour. The crowd was pretty disappointing because while me and my group of friends were going nuts singing every word, it seemed like pretty much 99% of the audience had no idea what song Priest was playing (POSERS!).

Here's the setlists from Black Sabbath and Judas Priest:

Sabbath
01. E5150
02. The Mob Rules
03. Children of the Sea
04. I
05. Sign of the Southern Cross
06. Ear in the Wall
07. Vinny Appice Solo
08. Time Machine
09. Falling off the Edge of the World
10. Tony Iommi Solo
11. Die Young
12. Heaven and Hell (extended)

Priest
01. Dawn Of Creation
02. Prophecy
03. Metal Gods
04. Eat Me Alive
05. Between The Hammer And The Anvil
06. Devil's Child
07. Breaking The Law
08. Hell Patrol
09. Dissident Aggressor
10. Angel
11. The Hellion / Electric Eye
12. Rock Hard, Ride Free
13. Painkiller
-- ------------
14. Hell Bent For Leather
15. The Green Manalishi
16. You've Got Another Thing Coming

capncnut
07-Aug-2008, 05:35 PM
Priest
01. Dawn Of Creation
02. Prophecy
03. Metal Gods
04. Eat Me Alive
05. Between The Hammer And The Anvil
06. Devil's Child
07. Breaking The Law
08. Hell Patrol
09. Dissident Aggressor
10. Angel
11. The Hellion / Electric Eye
12. Rock Hard, Ride Free
13. Painkiller
--------------
14. Hell Bent For Leather
15. The Green Manalishi
16. You've Got Another Thing Coming
Wot no Grinder? :stunned:

MikePizzoff
07-Aug-2008, 05:37 PM
Wot no Grinder? :stunned:

I had seen what their setlist was SUPPOSED to be and it was going to include Sinner. I was so bummed when they didn't play it. It was cool seeing Rock Hard Ride Free and Hell Patrol performed, though.

Dillinger
08-Aug-2008, 02:54 AM
I would give my right eye to see Sabbath and Motorhead.

Bub666
08-Aug-2008, 02:58 AM
I would give my right eye to see Sabbath and Motorhead.

Me too.

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2008, 03:42 AM
Me too.

Where in New York are you? They're playing upstate NJ on Saturday, I believe...

Bub666
08-Aug-2008, 03:53 AM
Where in New York are you? They're playing upstate NJ on Saturday, I believe...

New York city.

MikePizzoff
08-Aug-2008, 04:49 AM
New York city.

PNC Bank Center. Holmdel, NJ. Saturday. The show was so good that I'm thinking of traveling up there to see it again.

Bub666
08-Aug-2008, 01:46 PM
PNC Bank Center. Holmdel, NJ. Saturday. The show was so good that I'm thinking of traveling up there to see it again.

Awesome,I'll be going for sure.

SymphonicX
10-Aug-2008, 05:02 PM
That set list is disappointing. I want more from Nostradamus. I really hate the Priest way of doing things, release an album, then play one ****ing song on the tour and the rest is Evening Star, Living After Midnight, You've Got Another Thing Comin' etc etc...love those songs, but there's 20 ****ing tracks on the new album guys!! Even last tour they shirked AOR for more cuts from Ram it Down and whatnot...I know those already, I wanna hear Demonizer!!! Damnit.

They mentioned a Nostradamus tour where they would play the whole album start to finish, I love this idea and really want to see that...priest are amazing, but sometimes their choice of live stuff really disappoints me...it's that Glenn Tipton idealogy of "the fans want to hear The Sentinel" over and over....yeah we do, but at least make it appear like you are confident of your new material!!!!

capncnut
10-Aug-2008, 07:37 PM
That set list is disappointing. I want more from Nostradamus. I really hate the Priest way of doing things, release an album, then play one ****ing song on the tour and the rest is Evening Star, Living After Midnight, You've Got Another Thing Comin' etc etc...love those songs, but there's 20 ****ing tracks on the new album guys!! Even last tour they shirked AOR for more cuts from Ram it Down and whatnot...I know those already, I wanna hear Demonizer!!! Damnit.
It's a toughie. The one thing I look forward too when a band tours a new album is hearing how the new stuff sounds live, I don't buy the album and a ticket to get shortchanged with one or two new tracks. Pantera were cool with new material, they would always give you the full dose.

But then there are oldies who only go to hear the old stuff and might get a bit pissed if they didn't get the full dose of classics. Definitely a toughie...

MoonSylver
12-Aug-2008, 06:05 AM
It's a toughie. The one thing I look forward too when a band tours a new album is hearing how the new stuff sounds live, I don't buy the album and a ticket to get shortchanged with one or two new tracks. Pantera were cool with new material, they would always give you the full dose.

But then there are oldies who only go to hear the old stuff and might get a bit pissed if they didn't get the full dose of classics. Definitely a toughie...

Don't know too much about it, but there are plans to do a set of dates where they perform the album in it's entirety as a big, theatrical production.