PDA

View Full Version : Worst zombie movie ever made

horrormad
01-Aug-2008, 05:53 PM
I have seen many bad zombie movies (example) children of the living dead,Dawn of the living dead,Flight of the living dead and many more.
In my opinion Dawn of the dead remake was the worst ever made I
hate the movie I hate running zombies and I hate the actors In It.
Maybe I would have liked It If the original Dawn wasnt made but
because of that I think It the worst ever made.

what Is your worst zombie movie?

Bub666
01-Aug-2008, 06:27 PM
Theirs so many bad zombie movies to choose from.

-Ghey'08
-house of the dead part 1 and 2
-Children of the living dead

I could go on and on.

Tricky
01-Aug-2008, 06:27 PM
the dawn remake was decent in my opinion,maybe a bit over glossed & transparent/cliched characters,but it doesnt even come close to being the worst zombie movie ever made!Try "zombie lake" if you want a bad one,absolutely awful!

Danny
01-Aug-2008, 06:28 PM
vampires vs zombies.

nothing compares to that.

even contagium ,whilst it was crap, had a coherent plot, well mostly, rapid pregnancies and fairies aside, but v vs z is bollox.]]ill use the now famous example i always use.

woman whos a witch or some **** pulls up at a gas station, asks the attendant to fill her car up, her turns around, turns back and the car is gone, eh asks about it, she says "what car?" and stabs him.

worst horror movie ever.

EvilNed
01-Aug-2008, 06:42 PM
I've seen a few minutes of Vampires vs. Zombies but I still dare say that Zombie Lake is the worst zombie movie ever. It is sooooo bad...

capncnut
01-Aug-2008, 06:51 PM
vampires vs zombies.

nothing compares to that.
You know what? I might have to change my 'worst zombie film' in my profile from Contagium to Vampires vs Zombies. I saw it on Zone Horror a while back and was absolutely blown away as to how f**king bad it was. :dead:

Mike70
01-Aug-2008, 07:03 PM
the zombie hall of shame would have to include at least the following:

house of the dead
children of the living dead
the so-called night 30th anniversary travesty
so many of those late 70s early 80s italian zombie flicks that they're not even worth mentioning by name
zombie nosh
motocross zombies from hell - words utterly fail to describe how horrendous this movie is.

DubiousComforts
01-Aug-2008, 08:24 PM
You know what? I might have to change my 'worst zombie film' in my profile from Contagium to Vampires vs Zombies. I saw it on Zone Horror a while back and was absolutely blown away as to how f**king bad it was. :dead:
If only we'd had a clue. :D You guys must be gluttons for punishment.

Tricky
01-Aug-2008, 08:30 PM
return of the living dead 3 as well,complete crap!

sandrock74
01-Aug-2008, 08:35 PM
Children of the Living Dead

I don't think I ever even watched it all the way thru. Zombie Lake is bad, but looks like a minorly amusing student film compared to the travesty that should be thrown into a black hole that is COTLD.

EvilNed
01-Aug-2008, 08:38 PM
What!? There is nothing about COTLD that is worse than anything in Zombie Lake. :x Come on. Green zombies, the "blood", the MUSIC! At least COTLD had some decent make up, some decent blood, and some decent music. Compared to Zombie Lake, that is.

clanglee
01-Aug-2008, 08:50 PM
But Zombie Lake had Titties!!! That makes up for a lot. :D

dracenstein
01-Aug-2008, 09:28 PM
But Zombie Lake had Titties!!! That makes up for a lot. :D

So had Vampires vs Zombies.

Phantasm had less titties but I enjoyed it more than V vs Z. It must be the flying balls. You gotta love flying balls!

But my worst zombie film(s) must be;

Zombie Holocaust.

horrormad
01-Aug-2008, 09:41 PM
!

But my worst zombie film(s) must be;

Zombie Holocaust.

I totally disagree with you there zombie holocaust was a brilliant movie.

MontagMOI
02-Aug-2008, 01:26 PM
zombie 4 is a truly horrible experience. And the 'comedy' Return Of The Living Dead 2.

EvilNed
02-Aug-2008, 01:50 PM
I totally disagree with you there zombie holocaust was a brilliant movie.

I wouldn't call it a brilliant movie, but when I was watching it I realized this was basicly a 30'ish pulp adventure - with zombies. And from that angle, I enjoyed it immensly.

SRP76
02-Aug-2008, 06:16 PM
Redneck Zombies. Pure stupidity from start to finish.

Bub666
02-Aug-2008, 06:36 PM
Redneck Zombies. Pure stupidity from start to finish.

I like Redneck zombies.

MoonSylver
02-Aug-2008, 11:11 PM
CotLD might be the worst IMO, because not only is it a bad, incoherent mess, but it's not even entertaining & COULD have been better without the tampering that occured. (I hear that the Day remake is guilty of the same sins...I cannot bring myself to subject myself to it.)

"Day of the Dead: Contagium" Ugh. Aweful

"Zombie Lake" is one of the worst for sure. As is "Garden of the Dead"

"Zombiez" is an awful mess that had a mildly interesting premise. "Gangs of the Dead", same. "Vampires vs Zombies" as well. One of the worst, most incoherent wrecks I've ever seen is "Rise of the Undead"

Some of the other turds in my collection:
Alien Dead
Flesh Freaks
Zombie Death House

Bub666
03-Aug-2008, 01:38 AM
I watch Raiders of the living dead a few years ago.That was a really horrible movie.

ZombieGrrL
03-Aug-2008, 04:25 AM
I couldn't stand Dead Alive. Children Of The Living Dead is a close second.

CornishCorpse
03-Aug-2008, 09:07 PM
Zombiez, competition over, Ive said it time and time again zombiez. Ive seen alot of bad zombie flicks most recently being House of the dead but house of the dead looks like it should be in romero`s portfolio compared to this film.

I know some of you will be tempted but download at youre own risk and for the love of a god dont download it. I like cheese and I like low budget and hammy acting but Zombiez is just what the ****..

I only watched it once but gah here are a few points that really pissed me off.

5. Its zombies, not zombiez. I dont care if Z is more gangsta..

4. The zombies go from walking to running to limping to sprinting to crawling to walking and go from being zombie ghouls to talking ghouls to people who are infected to people who are not infected but are part of a cult and the actors dodge in and out of the diffrent stages depending on what scene they were last in.

3. The actors were pretty much chosen by sight and sight alone..Okay attractive girl, youre the lead, grisled old tough guy, you can be the marine. Just aghhhh really. Nobody can act and its not cheesy bad acting its just friends of the director or people from the street in a place where the only zombie film on sale is the dawn remake.

2. The setting has only really three places in the whole film. Concrete loading bay, inside caravan and a "forest" or park in the city if you want to be..you know honest.

1. The zombies use weapons, not Im going to try and clubb you or fumbling around just using knives and cleavers like anyone else ( a foam halloween metal cleaver andknife may I add ) little to no makeup the little being whatever the lead actress could dig out of her purse.

This gets Corpse`s seal of Quarentine.

Bub666
03-Aug-2008, 09:25 PM
I watched Zombiez last month,and it is really bad.

bd2999
04-Aug-2008, 11:50 PM
vampires vs zombies, and several other Asylum productions. I cannot recall their names at the moment, but one of them may or may not be happening and be in some guys head.

Minerva_Zombi
05-Aug-2008, 04:01 AM
Of the ones Ive seen, heres my list

Children of the Living Dead (All but the first 5 minutes with Savini)
Return 2
Zombi 4
City of the Walking Dead

And the worst of the worst, a real lost gem that I wish more people could see. It is so bad, it is without a doubt the funniest movie i've ever seen.

ZOMBIE 90 : EXTREME PESTILENCE

Bub666
05-Aug-2008, 04:22 AM

Return 2
Zombi 4
City of the Walking Dead

And the worst of the worst, a real lost gem that I wish more people could see. It is so bad, it is without a doubt the funniest movie i've ever seen.

What is Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilence about.I've never heard of it.

Minerva_Zombi
05-Aug-2008, 06:22 AM
It is a German zombie movie, very badly dubbed. Its just pure mind numbingly bad gore effects. Really, you guys gotta check this thing out. I mean... It looks like it was shot on a camcorder.

AnxietyDilemma
05-Aug-2008, 07:20 AM
I'd have to go with Contagium

but Return 4 and 5 are up there too

and Night 30th, to take such poorly acted and contrived scenes and insert them into a gritty black and white flick that originally played out like a callous documentary, worsened by throwing synthesized music over top it, it should be a crime.

horrormad
05-Aug-2008, 11:16 AM
What is Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilence about.I've never heard of it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103336/

bassman
05-Aug-2008, 02:16 PM
I haven't seen many outside of Romero's, but of the few I've seen:

Night3d
ROTLD
Night of the Creeps
House of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead04

Hell, let's just say that Romero's films are basically the only zombie films I've enjoyed. Especially the original trilogy.

horrormad
05-Aug-2008, 02:20 PM
I haven't seen many outside of Romero's, but of the few I've seen:

Hell, let's just say that Romero's films are basically the only zombie films I've enjoyed. Especially the original trilogy.

I thought that Night of the creeps was a good movie and It was alot of fun.

But I will agree with you there that the original trilogy Is and always will be the best.

Bub666
05-Aug-2008, 02:53 PM
I agree,the original trilogy is the best.

major jay
05-Aug-2008, 08:59 PM
I haven't seen many of the films that have been mentioned so there's alot of stink I still need to see. Unfortunatley, I own Flesheater. So I'm going with that.

Andy
05-Aug-2008, 11:01 PM
Alot of people are going to disagree with me i know, but for me the worse Z movie ive seen is, by far, land of the dead. its a horrendous, horrible film that should never of been made, but its the fact that its from GAR, if it was any other film maker i would of ranked children of the living dead or night 30th anniversary worse, but the fact that GAR actually made land, the same mind that once brought us the original dawn.. its just somehow insulting on a personal level.

Its the like the old soiled himself in public, and everyone saw.. an pictures got leeked into the worlds press.. and everyone saw.. thats how bad land is, i lost soooooo much respect for GAR when i first saw it, everything about it, the non-sensical plot, the crap acting, big daddy.. oh jeez im feelin nauseous just talking about it, im sorry i have to stop now.

Danny
06-Aug-2008, 01:15 PM
actually i watched land for the 5th or 6th time last night and it gets better with every viewing for me.

Bub666
06-Aug-2008, 08:50 PM
actually i watched land for the 5th or 6th time last night and it gets better with every viewing for me.

I have to agree.Ever time I watch Land it keeps getting better,for me anyway.

clanglee
06-Aug-2008, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't say it get's better. . but it does get "less ****ty" with futher viewings. :D

MoonSylver
06-Aug-2008, 10:29 PM
Alot of people are going to disagree with me i know, but for me the worse Z movie ive seen is, by far, land of the dead. i.

Uh...have you SEEN some of the other films mentioned?:rockbrow: Trust me, I know you're disappointed because you feel this is an embarrassment coming from GAR etc, etc, but trust me, just because it's the worst zombie movie HE ever made (not IMO but...), doesn't make it the worst zombie movie EVER made. That's just getting a bit carried away.

Land & Diary might be the least of his zed flicks, but they are still better than most of the rest & IMO are DEFINITELY head & sholders above such dreck as COTLD, House of the Dead, Garden of the Dead, Zombiez, Vampires vs Zombies etc....not even in the same league.
---MS

capncnut
06-Aug-2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, other than some of the obvious cheese, Land gets better for me too, Hellz.

Danny
06-Aug-2008, 11:25 PM
still cant dig riley though, reminds me too much of the dude form yawn. cholo was a much better character.

Bub666
07-Aug-2008, 01:50 AM
still cant dig riley though, reminds me too much of the dude form yawn. cholo was a much better character.

I agree.Cholo was a better character then Riley.

RustyHicks
13-Aug-2008, 07:15 PM
Garden of the dead.
Worse dead flick I have ever seen.
They should have buried that film before
it even got released. Waste of good tape.

Debbieangel
13-Aug-2008, 10:51 PM
The Plague of Zombies... I know there are others but that is the one that comes to mind right at the moment! There are more I am sure of it!

major jay
13-Aug-2008, 11:40 PM
The Plague of Zombies... I know there are others but that is the one that comes to mind right at the moment! There are more I am sure of it!

Do you mean the Hammer Horror flick? I thought that one was great.
I've been thinking about getting it on dvd. It's available on a double feature with The Mummy's Shroud.

capncnut
14-Aug-2008, 12:03 AM
Do you mean the Hammer Horror flick? I thought that one was great. I've been thinking about getting it on dvd. It's available on a double feature with The Mummy's Shroud.
Good little double dvd. I like Plague Of The Zombies too, it's got some atmospheric moments.

Mike70
14-Aug-2008, 12:16 AM

the hammer movie?

we might have to fight a duel debs.:D

clanglee
14-Aug-2008, 12:26 AM
Garden of the dead.
Worse dead flick I have ever seen.
They should have buried that film before
it even got released. Waste of good tape.

OMG!! Thats the one with the formaldahide huffing prisoners right? Awful movie. Truely awful.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Aug-2008, 12:29 AM

Return 2
Zombi 4
City of the Walking Dead

YEAH That one sucks.

But I have the worst Zombie film ever made. No one can beat this flick, it is so bad it sucks donkey balls.

DEADLANDS: The Rising :p:D:lol:

major jay
14-Aug-2008, 11:51 PM
I like Plague Of The Zombies too, it's got some atmospheric moments.

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue. Actually, that should be the other way around since it was released in 1966.
The English countryside gives it a great creepy atmosphere.

clanglee
15-Aug-2008, 12:19 AM
YEAH That one sucks.

But I have the worst Zombie film ever made. No one can beat this flick, it is so bad it sucks donkey balls.

I've seen your movie man. . and in no way is it the worst zombie movie of all time. No worries there bro. :D

Mike70
15-Aug-2008, 12:23 AM
i might have mentioned this one in an earlier post, if i did forgive me but it is so bad that well, words almost fail.

if you ever come across a movie called motorcross zombies from hell run in the opposite direction as fast as you can. it is the most amateurish, ridiculous, poorly written, poorly directed, hell i could go on with these poorlys all night long. suffice to say that it makes children of the living dead look like a competent piece of work.

i am, however, about to get my hands (or should i say computer) on a copy of the special dead. i may have to make another qualifying post after watching that.

capncnut
15-Aug-2008, 12:25 AM

Look at Gary. :rolleyes:

Deadlands aint the best by a long shot but Craptagium out craps your movie by a serious percentage. Sorry mate, you ain't sitting in the s**t chair for Deadlands. :D

Debbieangel
15-Aug-2008, 12:26 AM
Ok, I have this list of zomb movies and I put beside Plague of Zombies - sucked. I will go back and watch it again. I could have put "sucked" in wrong place. :p I rate what I watch...everybody chill already!:dead:
I will defo go back and watch again since you all think I am wrong about it!lol

darth los
15-Aug-2008, 12:50 AM
NOLTD 3D. NUFF SAID.

Now, I've sat through some crapfests in my day, but that film ( if it can even be called that) Is unwatchable. :dead:

clanglee
15-Aug-2008, 12:54 AM
It's not by any means a horrible movie, but it's not a zombie movie in our sense. No flesh eating ghouls. . more akin to White Zombie in that respect. Sure it had great atmosphere, but it was ( to me) one of the weaker Hammer flicks. I don't think it deserves the suck monicker tho.

capncnut
15-Aug-2008, 12:56 AM
NOLTD 3D. NUFF SAID.
Any excuse to post a pic of this guy is good enough for me...

http://www.gonemovies.com/www/WanadooFilms/Thriller/nightPriester_sm.jpg

"May your soul burn in everlasting fire!"

darth los
15-Aug-2008, 01:04 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And i'll never tire of it dude. The priest's performance is but a sample of the true horror of that film. :stunned: Classic stuff.:cool:

capncnut
15-Aug-2008, 01:07 AM
And i'll never tire of it dude. The priest's performance is but a sample of the true horror of that film. :stunned:
But who wins in the c**t contest?

The Priest from Night Of The Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition

or

Abbot Hayes from the sequel Children Of The Living Dead

You guys decide... :D

darth los
15-Aug-2008, 01:14 AM
That's not even fair. They're both crap to the millionth power.

However, i believe we've found our next poll question !!

Dillinger
15-Aug-2008, 01:19 AM
Either Garden of the Dead, Zombie Lake or Necropolis Awakened.

The production values were so low in Necropolis Awakened that you could see the camera, various cables and crew, and even the boom in several shots. Not to mention the fact, the entire cast of the movie was five people.

darth los
15-Aug-2008, 01:22 AM
Either Garden of the Dead, Zombie Lake or Necropolis Awakened.

The production values were so low in Necropolis Awakened that you could see the camera, various cables and crew, and even the boom in several shots. Not to mention the fact, the entire cast of the movie was five people.

Production quality of that caliber might have actually IMPROVED some of the films in this thread.

Mutineer
15-Aug-2008, 02:35 AM
I havent seen very Zombie film ever, but the RETURN sequels that came out and House of the Dead come to mind as some of the biggest piles of ****e I've seen in a long time.

How does one mess up a zombie film anyways ? It's like making an egg.

Sir James Forbes
18-Aug-2008, 12:42 PM

WHAT!!! A CLASSIC! PROOF THAT ATMOSPHERE RULES OVER GORE EVERY TIME

and a decent Hammer that didn't star either Messers Cushing or Lee

JasonEdw
08-Sep-2008, 05:41 AM
My answer is what I saw on SciFi one night, called Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave. There was another one, i forget the name, but it had Lou diamond Phillips in it, I think, and these people were some highway, and these prison labor zombies were after them.

Bub666
08-Sep-2008, 11:57 AM
There was another one, i forget the name, but it had Lou diamond Phillips in it, I think, and these people were some highway, and these prison labor zombies were after them.

Your talking about Route 666.That is a bad zombie movie.

JasonEdw
09-Sep-2008, 01:59 AM
yea, that's it!

fulci fan
09-Sep-2008, 02:40 AM
Day of the Dead contagion was bad. Zombie 4 is one of Claudio Fragasso's best films in my opinion.

Bub666
09-Sep-2008, 03:15 AM
Day of the Dead contagion was bad.

Yeah,that was a horrible movie.

DawnGirl27
09-Sep-2008, 11:25 PM
Have to include House of the Dead - the video game was so cool and then I went to the movie and within the first couple minutes, I knew it was going to be cheesy and a waste of money. Zombie Lake was just so awesomely horrible it's inconceivable to me that anyone involved with the making of it could look at that script and think, 'We have a winner here!' The Sci-fi channel has put out its share of terrible zombie movies, too.

JasonEdw
10-Sep-2008, 01:53 AM
I think any movie on Sci-Fi is utter crap, lol

Bub666
10-Sep-2008, 01:53 AM
The Sci-fi channel has put out its share of terrible zombie movies, too.

The Sci-fi channel usually shows at least one crappy zombie movie every weekend.

I think any movie on Sci-Fi is utter crap, lol

I agree.