PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Thunder? Any one here seen it?

Neil
08-Aug-2008, 01:58 PM
Interested in peoples thoughts on it...

CoinReturn
08-Aug-2008, 03:30 PM
A couple of my friends saw a sneak preview of it, and said it was the funniest movie they've seen in a long time. Apparently Robert Downy's performance rivals that of Ledger's Joker.

Bub666
09-Aug-2008, 03:23 AM
This looks like it could be good.I might check it out.

MinionZombie
09-Aug-2008, 10:44 AM
I totally wanna see that flick, "I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as the other dude!" :lol:

Minerva_Zombi
10-Aug-2008, 11:30 PM
A couple of my friends saw a sneak preview of it, and said it was the funniest movie they've seen in a long time. Apparently Robert Downy's performance rivals that of Ledger's Joker.

Yeah, i doubt that. lol

acealive1
10-Aug-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, i doubt that. lol

downey is like kilmer and both are far superior to ledger.

DeadJonas190
11-Aug-2008, 05:37 AM
I had a pass to see it about a month ago, but it was in Downtown Detroit the same time as a Detroit Tigers baseball game. During the games parking goes up to about $20 and I was not about to pay $20 to park so I decided to pass.

However, a couple of my friends have seen it and they tell me that is absolutly hillarious.

Tricky
11-Aug-2008, 05:28 PM
It looks awesome!like hot shots part deux for the 2000's! :D i love serious 'nam films,& im looking forward to a spoof of them!

bassman
11-Aug-2008, 05:28 PM
Yeah, i doubt that. lol

Agreed. I'm sure it's good, but it's hard to compare Downey playing a black man to Ledger's serious Joker.

I'll hopefully be checking this flick out later this week. Still have to see Pineapple Express first, though. This fatherhood thing is getting in the way of my movie time!:p

DjfunkmasterG
11-Aug-2008, 05:47 PM
I will probably pass on seeing this. I am not a Ben Stiller fan. Something about that man just annoys me.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm totally gonna check this out when it's released, me and the lads off doon tha pictures. :D

bassman
17-Aug-2008, 01:49 AM
HILARIOUS!

Just got back. Great comedy. I don't like much of Stiller's stuff(I loathe Zoolander), but this was fantastic. Downey steals the show.

Go see it. It's worth the price of admission and also the pain that your cheeks and chest will experience from the laughter.

Mike70
17-Aug-2008, 02:06 AM
It looks awesome!like hot shots part deux for the 2000's! :D i love serious 'nam films,& im looking forward to a spoof of them!

if it is near as funny as hot shots part deux, it'll be an awesomely funny movie.

EDIT: i had originally posted some info about a movie which dealt with australia's involvement in the vietnam war. i'm gonna start a thread about vietnam war movies instead, so as to not risk turning this thread into a discussion vietnam flicks.

dmbfanintn
18-Aug-2008, 02:45 PM
Saw Tropic Thunder this weekend! Absolutely Hilarious!!!! And this coming from a non-Stiller fan. Actually Stiller is probably the least likable character in the whole movie.

I saw Stiller on Jon Stewart the other night and Stewart told him "You are going to single handedly restore the image of Tom Cruise in the american public's eye" Oh My God, did he ever. This is hands down the best character Tom Cruise has ever played.

We laughed until we cried! Cruise and Robert Downey Jr absolutely steal this movie!

Go see Tropic Thunder, you wont be disappointed!

bassman
18-Aug-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Cruise will get alot of attention for his role in this flick.

To DJ and everyone that doesn't like Stiller's previous films....This one is worth it. He did something right with this one. And his character is actually the one the audience is against most of the time.

Check out this clip with Downey Jr and Stiller. They're discussing a previous film in which Stiller's character played an over-the-top mentally retarded boy...

http://joblo.com/video/joblo/player.php?video=tropic-retard

Now, excuse me while I go buy a can of Booty Sweat and a Bust a Nut bar.:lol:

dmbfanintn
18-Aug-2008, 03:56 PM
You cant go full retard!